ADVERTISEMENT

1 AA championship

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
I've already said I think that JMU coach Mike Houston could seen be a hot commodity on the coaching market, if not for P5 schools, certainly for Group of 5 schools.

What I wonder is how long Bo Pelini will be satisfied at YSU. Youngstown is his home town, but he surely itches to prove he can win a P5. Pelini got fired by Nebraska for a 67-27 record - having won 9 or 10 games every season.

Mike Houston is a winner period....I've followed his career from the time that he was coaching T.C. Roberson to a Western Regional Final which was , and is the deepest playoff run in the Rams history....To Lenoir Rhyne, where he led them to a runnerup finish in the NAIA national title game, which was also the deepest run by that school....To the Citadel, where his cadets last year beat South Carolina in Columbia for the first time in a very long time....To James Madison, where he took the Dukes to their 2nd ever national title with a convincing Semi-final road win over the 5-time defending champs from North Dakota State....

This guy is a hellava coach who has made every team better that he has coached, and will continue to do so once he leaves James Madison which won't be too long in the future IMO!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT