ADVERTISEMENT

14th-Ranked Tar Heels Say They Can Play Much Better

excellent article. Good to see the team knows we've been playing kind of herky-jerky, not putting together a really good game from start to finish. That's a recipe for losing a close one.

I'm very interested in seeing how we do after the bye. If we come out swinging for the fences, I'll feel better about the rest of the season.

Reactions: Archer2
excellent article. Good to see the team knows we've been playing kind of herky-jerky, not putting together a really good game from start to finish. That's a recipe for losing a close one.

I'm very interested in seeing how we do after the bye. If we come out swinging for the fences, I'll feel better about the rest of the season.
An undefeated team that is not focused on what it could have done better is set up for a fall. Coasting means you are going to get tripped up. Being satisfied means you are not working to avoid being given a comeuppance.

An undefeated team that is not focused on what it could have done better is set up for a fall. Coasting means you are going to get tripped up. Being satisfied means you are not working to avoid being given a comeuppance.
exactly...and bye weeks deliver mixed results. I loved a John Bunting bye week. They tended to come out of it hitting on all cylinders. Too bad all the games couldn't have followed a bye week.

I get the feeling that Mack is less able to keep the intensity up than JB was. We'll see.

exactly...and bye weeks deliver mixed results. I loved a John Bunting bye week. They tended to come out of it hitting on all cylinders. Too bad all the games couldn't have followed a bye week.

I get the feeling that Mack is less able to keep the intensity up than JB was. We'll see.
Bunting was all about doing all the old fashioned physical stuff - he was made fun of easily for talking about the need to always chop wood. Mack is all about talking to draw you in, to pump you up. Chopping wood is more tangible. It is better at helping during a bye week, while charming, persuasive talk is better during off season because it helps draw talent.

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT