ADVERTISEMENT

2 sport players in the last 40 years

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Now that Surrett (spelling does not count) is going to play football and walk on in basketball it made me think of others in the last 40 years who have also played football and basketball. I can think of Charles Waddell, Julius Peppers and Ronald Curry but thats all I can come up with . Many someone else can come up with some other players.

Tyrell Godwin from East Bladen in Elizabethtown , NC played football and Baseball at UNC. And Ronald Curry was about as good a basketball player as I am a golfer ! Curry was a huge disappointment on the court.

I'm pretty sure Jesse Holley was a 2 sport player back in the mid 2000s. David Noel could've been a 2 sport if he'd so desired. He was a stud WR at Southern HS in Durham.

Not from UNC, but Charlie Ward (FSU) was a pretty good two sport athlete. He's now coaching HS football here in Pensacola.
Rusty Larue (WF) was a 3 sport star if I remember correctly.
Pat Conaton (?) from ND is a pro pitcher and was drafted in the NBA 2nd round.

Didn't Charles Brown play both football and baseball?

Bryn Rynner was going to do the same, but decided to focus on football.

John Lucas at Maryland had to be one of the most successful- basketball and NCAA champion in tennis.

Little past your parameter (1955) but Albert Long, Jr. is the only UNC graduate to letter in four sports (7 Letters in four different sports in his career at Carolina).

He has been a long time friend of my family

Peppers!

ONLY reason Curry wasn't that great at basketball was coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT