ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Preseason Consensus Team Rankings

Got dangit we need to beat Moo this season. Especially since Doeren has elevated his status from 'over-his-head goober' to 'well, maybe he can coach and recruit just a bit, but we'll see'

I do know this though....I buy sheets of acrylic for work that have more personality than Dave Doeren

As for the rankings, I'm fine with GT at 19, but I'm very curious to see how they fare this season. For the first time in awhile, they will be the favorite in most of the games they play, and they're a "known commodity" now. Justin Thomas (Thompson?) returns at QB, but they did lose a couple running backs, so we shall see.

Georgia Tech has ranked 6th or better nationally in rushing yards per game every season since 2008. They finished either 1st or 2nd in four of those seasons. It's a damn effective system regardless of the personnel they plug in (emphasis on the "damn"). Today's defenses simply aren't equipped to stop it with only one week to prepare (for example, Clemson held opponents to an average of 103 rushing ypg last season and still gave up over 250 to GT). To beat them you have to score points and come up with some opportunistic stops.

Somebody in that 40-something logjam needs to have a breakout year. Moo has an uphill struggle with FSU, Clemson, and Louisville in their division. The clock is ticking on Golden and Miami. Pitt gets a reset with a new coach. And who knows what the heck to expect from UNC?

Georgia Tech has ranked 6th or better nationally in rushing yards per game every season since 2008. They finished either 1st or 2nd in four of those seasons. It's a damn effective system regardless of the personnel they plug in (emphasis on the "damn"). Today's defenses simply aren't equipped to stop it with only one week to prepare (for example, Clemson held opponents to an average of 103 rushing ypg last season and still gave up over 250 to GT). To beat them you have to score points and come up with some opportunistic stops.

Somebody in that 40-something logjam needs to have a breakout year. Moo has an uphill struggle with FSU, Clemson, and Louisville in their division. The clock is ticking on Golden and Miami. Pitt gets a reset with a new coach. And who knows what the heck to expect from UNC?

Stopping the GT option requires players who are disciplined, who stay in their lanes and do not wildcat. Especfially on D, players today often live to get oiut of their lanes and wildcat, looking for that big hit that will be shown on ESPN over and over.

Reactions: Archer2
i can understand why they're ranking us #41. top 20 offense plus top 60 defense = top 40 team. a top 30 season (8 wins) is possible if our defense turns out better than expected. GO HEELS!

ADVERTISEMENT