ADVERTISEMENT

2016 TE Garrett Walston of Wilmington, NC

I have heard we are the leader but that was some time ago. Only 2 picks on Crystal ball one UGa and one UNC.

Walston seems to like NVSU. He watched our Spring game and didn't seem too impressed that we only threw a couple of passes to our tight ends but he also realizes there is PT available immediately.

Walston seems to like NVSU. He watched our Spring game and didn't seem too impressed that we only threw a couple of passes to our tight ends but he also realizes there is PT available immediately.

Well. if he heads to Athens or Rawlee, we have other targets. We may be the team to beta for the Turner kid from IL. I assume Papuchis is a big part of that. He played a role in getting several IL players to Nebraska.

Walston has pushed his commit date out from Friday to a "later date" per his coach. I feel this is good for UGa.

Walston has pushed his commit date out from Friday to a "later date" per his coach. I feel this is good for UGa.

Could be. Richt is most persuasive. The guy apeals to recruits and, at least as important, to their parents.

WE should be passing to TEs more than we have been, but unlike our falure to pass to the WRs as much as I think we must to maximize all the talent we have on O, after Ebron, our TE talent dropped. But I think recruiting emphases mean Fedora wants to pass more to the TEs.

If Walston commits elsewhere, we should be able to land another quality TE. Turner from IL is said by some to have us as his top chpice right now. He is as highly ranked a Walston. Randy Moss's son Thaddeus is playing HS fotball in Charlotte, at a church school. He is moving up the rankings. I don't think we've made a commitable offer, but Moss seems to be interested in UNC.

Could be. Richt is most persuasive. The guy apeals to recruits and, at least as important, to their parents.

WE should be passing to TEs more than we have been, but unlike our falure to pass to the WRs as much as I think we must to maximize all the talent we have on O, after Ebron, our TE talent dropped. But I think recruiting emphases mean Fedora wants to pass more to the TEs.

If Walston commits elsewhere, we should be able to land another quality TE. Turner from IL is said by some to have us as his top chpice right now. He is as highly ranked a Walston. Randy Moss's son Thaddeus is playing HS fotball in Charlotte, at a church school. He is moving up the rankings. I don't think we've made a commitable offer, but Moss seems to be interested in UNC.
Still wonder what Richt at UNC would look like?

Still wonder what Richt at UNC would look like?

I think Mark Richt at UNC would have been Mack Brown Part 2, with 1 difference. Richt is less focused on making the jump to Bigger than Mack was. If Richt had found a church in the area he and his wife loved, he would have been happy making his entire HC career at UNC.

And he would have been a winner from the get-go. With FSU faling down starting in 2001, the year Richt left FSU for UGa, if Richt had gone to UNC that year, my guess is that we would have a couple or three ACC titles by now.

Walston orally committed to Georgia yesterday. Seems the SEC
was a deciding factor.

ADVERTISEMENT