ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting

HeelFan58

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2011
Please don't post links to our competitors content!

Thx- Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Not optimistic he comes here. From his own mouth the fact that we are taking three backs this yr will factor into his decision.

yeah we only have Carter so far. Do you think the competition is less at UGa and Clem? If he is as good as advertised then nobody we get this year will be any competition.
Exactly. Losing 4* Lemons to Florida opens up 2018 RB recruiting for us.

Reactions: Archer2
Is that Zamir always so brief? He wasn't giving her anything. Hard to tell if he's camera shy like many 17 yr olds or just didn't feel like giving details.

Everyone says we'll recruit 3 RBs this year but bet we don't. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

2 RB commits plus Jordon makes 3 RBs, yes kind of thin and young. But we have some guys on the roster than can play RB if need be, say injuries or just some possessions. Anthony Ratliffe-Williams is one possibility, for example.

I said this on premium but I'll say it here too, if Zamir truly means what he says and the number of backs we take impacts his decision, then I'm disappointed in his attitude and his belief in himself. All things equal, I want a recruit who is unphased by depth charts because he knows he's good enough to come in and earn his spot, regardless.

And White is that good, so I don't see the problem. He must not watch UNC very closely. We use multiple backs. This year will be a better year to watch, though. With Marquise gone, Logan will get way more opportunities.

I said this on premium but I'll say it here too, if Zamir truly means what he says and the number of backs we take impacts his decision, then I'm disappointed in his attitude and his belief in himself. All things equal, I want a recruit who is unphased by depth charts because he knows he's good enough to come in and earn his spot, regardless.

And White is that good, so I don't see the problem. He must not watch UNC very closely. We use multiple backs. This year will be a better year to watch, though. With Marquise gone, Logan will get way more opportunities.
I am not even sure he was really paying attention to the question. Zamir has the hype that Tod didn't receive until late in the recruiting process. I don't think Zamir fears any RB on our current roster. As far as UNC taking 3 backs , well we have to find 2 more who are worthy and will accept an offer. I think there is a good chance we take just 2.

Our biggest competition seems to be Bama , Clem and UGa.

Bama has a commitment from the top RB in nation for 2017 plus a 4* and a 4* already in 2018.

Clem with the commitment today of Malik Williams and already a 4* now has 2.

Georgia has a 4* already committed and is the leader for 4* D'Andre Swift.

That is not to mention the usual deep RB corps they all usually have.

Zamir will be the man at UNC probably from day one.

Our biggest competition seems to be Bama , Clem and UGa.

Bama has a commitment from the top RB in nation for 2017 plus a 4* and a 4* already in 2018.

Clem with the commitment today of Malik Williams and already a 4* now has 2.

Georgia has a 4* already committed and is the leader for 4* D'Andre Swift.

That is not to mention the usual deep RB corps they all usually have.

Zamir will be the man at UNC probably from day one.

Who is Malik Williams? Hadn't been able to find anything about him. Clemson also has a 4* from the 2016 class

I don't think Zamir fears any RB on our current roster.
How can you tell? He sure fears the camcorder.

I am not even sure he was really paying attention to the question. Zamir has the hype that Tod didn't receive until late in the recruiting process. I don't think Zamir fears any RB on our current roster. As far as UNC taking 3 backs , well we have to find 2 more who are worthy and will accept an offer. I think there is a good chance we take just 2.
We're gonna take 3.

That Georgia pipeline is strong, strong, strong. And the addition of Coach Warren has only improved that.
Indeed it is, and it is turning into a veritable gusher for us. Warren was one hell of an addition to our staff. I love the way our OL and secondary recruiting is going. Now if we can just get the same thing going with the DL and the LB's, we'll be golden.

Build it and they will come.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Just FYI for those who don't know, Warren is from Atlanta. He's our Atlanta-area recruiter (mostly Fulton, Dekalb, and Gwinnett counties from what I gather). And from hearing him speak at a Rams Club function last year, I don't know how on earth any DB could turn down playing for this guy. CW is very impressive.

What are yalls thought on this...Get at least 4 or 5 kids in NC that are in the Top 10 every year...Then grab kids from SC,GA,FL then VA...

Now if a kid from Ohio or up north that's all good with me....

What are yalls thought on this...Get at least 4 or 5 kids in NC that are in the Top 10 every year...Then grab kids from SC,GA,FL then VA...

Now if a kid from Ohio or up north that's all good with me....
I couldn't care less if we get even one recruit from South Carolina. NC/GA/FL/VA should be the focus.

I agree THN11. Virginia, particularly the Tidewater area, has been very good to us in the past. Florida and Georgia are flat out loaded with talent and North Carolina is our home state. There is enough talent in those four states to maintain a top 10 program, which is what I aspire for us to be. That's where we should concentrate our recruiting efforts. Throw in the occasional player from NJ, WV, or Ohio and we're good to go.

Last edited:
Warning: Please do not post links to content from competitors. Mainly, that's 247, Scout and local blogs. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dax has stated that home-crowd is really important to him. It sounds like game-day experience will be a huge priority for him, and unfortunately VATech is one of the top schools he is eyeballing. Their gameday experience will probably crush ours unless we get a nite game.

Dax has stated that home-crowd is really important to him. It sounds like game-day experience will be a huge priority for him, and unfortunately VATech is one of the top schools he is eyeballing. Their gameday experience will probably crush ours unless we get a nite game.
Probably?!? LOL. That's like me saying Jessica Biel is probably hotter than your average towny girl.

yeah but he will have to wear that ugly azz uniform and spend 3 years minimum in Blacksburg..

D.J. Crossen announces tomorrow night.
And he announces for the good guys.

sticker,375x360.u2.png

Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

The Tar Heels took a tough loss on national TV against Georgia at the Georgia Dome in week one and traveled to Illinois in week two. With no home games under their belt yet, North Carolina hasn’t had a chance to host any prospects. Even though the Georgia game didn’t go the way Larry Fedora and his staff wanted, their top target in the 2018 class was in attendance. Five-star running back Zamir White made the trip from Laurinburg (N.C.) Scotland County with his head coach. The Tar Heels have been surging in White’s recruitment since the middle of the offseason and many people believe North Carolina is his leader.

Reactions: Archer2
Were they rooting for the Heels?
Yes, they were all decked out in Carolina stuff. I guess, with that in mind, maybe they weren't his family. They were from Scotland County and it was a group of a couple different families. They knew the roster up and down, and knew football. I kept trying to gauge if they were a player's family without being rude and asking, but I couldn't tell. I could've sworn either myself or the man next to me I was talking to mentioned Zamir White but I can't remember the context.

Between the multiple Yuenglings and me trying to repress that game, I don't remember all the nitty gritty.

They know and love their football in that area and have produced some great players. Hopefully, Zamir will wear the baby blue one day. We need to replenish our talent at RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT