ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting thread

Crouch isn't set on being an RB, according to his coach. So Brewer needs to tell Crouch that he can come be the next Eric Ebron (first rounder). OR the next Robert Quinn.

I think we're probably in the top-5 for Anthony Harris, Drake Thomas, Jaylon, CJ Thomas, Khafre, Osita, maybe Howell and Savion (and plenty others Freshwater, Kenion, Walker) but it is way too early, and as we've seen that #5 spot is meaningless when your other offers are clemson, uga, osu and bama.

CJ Clark has been visiting us a bunch. He's a highly rated DT which usually means he is going elsewhere, but contrary to Jordan Davis, Sandidge, Alim, he's been here this yr quite a bit.

CJ Clark has been visiting us a bunch. He's a highly rated DT which usually means he is going elsewhere, but contrary to Jordan Davis, Sandidge, Alim, he's been here this yr quite a bit.

Would love to land the big fella

Who is going to recruit the Charlotte area now that Brewer is gone?
Good question, replacing Brewer, Terry Joseph and DeAndre Smith, but adding a 4th new coach soon.

It sounds like Baker has focused on Jersey, Maryland with a little Florida in the past... so probably not him yet.

Good question, replacing Brewer, Terry Joseph and DeAndre Smith, but adding a 4th new coach soon.

It sounds like Baker has focused on Jersey, Maryland with a little Florida in the past... so probably not him yet.

Maybe the best bet would be thig

Just great Beamon decommits. Hopefully we can stay on him and just maybe get him back in the fold. I know it’s very unlikely but one can hope. Probably ends up at va tech.

Apparently there were signs that his commitment was weak immediately after he committed. He was taking tons of visits (and more repeat visits to other places). And I think he even said stuff during our season that pretty much indicated he was open.

It's like we were his first offer or first fball game last fall and that was enough to get his commitment. Sux that we couldn't keep him though.

Just great Beamon decommits. Hopefully we can stay on him and just maybe get him back in the fold. I know it’s very unlikely but one can hope. Probably ends up at va tech.
My guess as well. I think he looks at VT and sees a very solid future for the program.

If you can't get a DL that has at least a high quality 2nd team - meaning 8 quality players ready to go - then you cannot win consistently on this level - unless by 'winning' you mean 6 or 7 games per year. We are not getting the players we need on the DL. Nor are we developing DL recruits into something more than most talent evaluators thought they could be.

Having the best, deepest WR crops won't mean much to the team if the DL keeps getting pushed around.

I think he looks at VT and sees a very solid future for the program.
I think you think incorrectly. We offered him summer after his Frosh yr, and VT offered a few months later. He liked us more than VT as of summer 2017 so he committed, but then bama, OSU, etc came knocking.

Yesterday:
"I'd say that Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and South Carolina are my top four right now," said Beamon.

We're locating studs early, just can't keep them away from the powerhouses.

Reactions: grillheel
I think you think incorrectly. We offered him summer after his Frosh yr, and VT offered a few months later. He liked us more than VT as of summer 2017 so he committed, but then bama, OSU, etc came knocking.

Yesterday:
"I'd say that Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and South Carolina are my top four right now," said Beamon.

We're locating studs early, just can't keep them away from the powerhouses.
Don't count out Foster and the Hokies for any top VA recruit on D.

Locating players early and not reeling them in is of no value. Fedora and his staff have done that the entire 6 years. And before them, Bunting and his staff found many guys early and offered only to lose them.

No football coach at UNC can ever recruit successfully against the historic top dogs until he proves he can develop 'lesser' recruits into consistent winners.

If instead of 2016 ending in disappointment, we had finished 10-3, and even with all injuries if 2017 had been a 6-6 regular season with a W in a lesser bowl, then Beamon probably still is a Tar Heel commit.

And if we had landed Wilson and Dax at LB and either Sandidge or Davis at DT, then we also would have shown Beamon that we are serious about D and getting the job done to rebuild ours.

If instead of 2016 ending in disappointment, we had finished 10-3, and even with all injuries if 2017 had been a 6-6 regular season with a W in a lesser bowl, then Beamon probably still is a Tar Heel commit.
Winning would help with any recruit, but still probably isn't enough to compete with Bama/Clemson

And if we had landed Wilson and Dax at LB and either Sandidge or Davis at DT, then we also would have shown Beamon that we are serious about D and getting the job done to rebuild ours.
Um no. Beamon had his foot out there door before Dax, Sandidge or Davis made their commitment decisions.

I guess it’s safe to say crouch didn’t attend junior day. No inside info just guessing.

What do we know about why Jayden curry decommitted?
Coaches on staff were not familiar with him and had an open discussion, probably asking him to decomm or to consider it since they were going to def target other guys for corner

Howell to FSU oh well
Of the highest ranked 7 or 8 QBs we wanted most, he was the most likely to commit to us.

I think Fedora should have been using his Hattiesburg ties to woo the Plumlee kid. I think he is still an average 3* in rankings, but he now has a string of SEC offers, including UGA and Bama and Auburn, as well as Ole Miss and Miss St.

Of the highest ranked 7 or 8 QBs we wanted most, he was the most likely to commit to us.

I think Fedora should have been using his Hattiesburg ties to woo the Plumlee kid. I think he is still an average 3* in rankings, but he now has a string of SEC offers, including UGA and Bama and Auburn, as well as Ole Miss and Miss St.
The plumlee kid earlier this yr said he wanted to visit. You say "fedora should have been", so has the ship sailed, or does plumlee no longer want to visit?

The plumlee kid earlier this yr said he wanted to visit. You say "fedora should have been", so has the ship sailed, or does plumlee no longer want to visit?
The SEC talk about him is that while he is not going to be the top QB recruit for a program like Bama, that he is able to play QB in the SEC. Miss St people think they have a good shot because the new HC was OC at Penn St and Plumlee may ft that offense better than what Mullen prefers from a QB.

If a program like UNC hasn't made a fuss over you, and then you have offers from both teams that were in the National Championship Game, you may not be overly interested if UNC does come calling in a big way.

My guess is that offers he has from Bama and a couple of others may not be immediately committable: i.e., he has an offer knowing that the program has 2 or 3, even 5 or 6, others offered ahead of him, and his commitment would not be taken until the others have committed elsewhere. So schools in major conferences pursuing him hard this early with immediately committable offers could win him over.

Got plenty of QBs...We need DT DT and more DT...What are the chances of landing both the 300lbs from NC...1 is from Person High School the other North Stanley...Clark and Harris...24/7 has us warm for both...

Got plenty of QBs...We need DT DT and more DT...What are the chances of landing both the 300lbs from NC...1 is from Person High School the other North Stanley...Clark and Harris...24/7 has us warm for both...
Even 2 years ago, I would have been very optimistic about signing at least 1 of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT