ADVERTISEMENT

2020 All-American Anthony Edwards

“I won’t lie, when I was on the phone with Coach Roy Williams from UNC, I was like wow I’m talking to one of the greatest coaches of all time.“

Anthony%20Edwards%20020.jpg

Awesome news. And lol he can’t do any worse than the last #5 we had!!! But maybe as good as the new #5 we have now!!!

It's becoming so clear that there was severe negative recruiting going on. Not just one team here and there, but the entire cabal of opposition recruiters.

Roy goes from the best recruiter in the game in the 2000s to "out of touch with the younger generation," now back to being revered by 2020 kids. Something is missing in that equation and it's pretty apparent what it was.

Well, I hope they enjoyed their little run (holding him to only two Final Fours and a championship in five years) because Roy is about to bury them.

It's becoming so clear that there was severe negative recruiting going on. Not just one team here and there, but the entire cabal of opposition recruiters.

Roy goes from the best recruiter in the game in the 2000s to "out of touch with the younger generation," now back to being revered by 2020 kids. Something is missing in that equation and it's pretty apparent what it was.

Well, I hope they enjoyed their little run (holding him to only two Final Fours and a championship in five years) because Roy is about to bury them.

Like Night and Day

100% Deuce....
There were some major BS comments made on this board a few years ago... people refusing to acknowledge the effect of the investigation and the subsequent neg recruiting.... needless to say, Roys strength on the recruiting trail of late has shown the tide has turned.
Oh yeah, and I don't give a rats backside who the posters were and what they said... I thought they were full of ish back then and if they now recognise that, well good on them.

100% Deuce....
There were some major BS comments made on this board a few years ago... people refusing to acknowledge the effect of the investigation and the subsequent neg recruiting.... needless to say, Roys strength on the recruiting trail of late has shown the tide has turned.
Oh yeah, and I don't give a rats backside who the posters were and what they said... I thought they were full of ish back then and if they now recognise that, well good on them.
The tide has turned because of an FBI sting operation that exposed programs/shoe companies that were paying players.

The tide has turned because of an FBI sting operation that exposed programs/shoe companies that were paying players.
Yup, that's part of it.... Also the NCAA quitting their multi-year anal probe of UNC helped, essentially quashing the negative spin being sold to potential recruits.
Point is, there isn't one factor, but a bunch of them....
You could throw in the JMM factor - started at CH top 5 but stayed 3yrs and never quite reached his hype
You could add the Rash*t factor - an online campaign against Roy and his former team
You could add the negative spin from 3 California recruits quitting the team in two years
You could add Roy's health - sideline collapses were fuel for negative recruiting
And then there was the AFAM...

So yeah, the FBI has now helped, but it doesn't diminish the negative attention Roy had to deal with for most of this decade.

Good kid and quite a player. He would look good in Carolina blue. Kid has a super attitude regarding life, school and basketball.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Yup, that's part of it.... Also the NCAA quitting their multi-year anal probe of UNC helped, essentially quashing the negative spin being sold to potential recruits.
Point is, there isn't one factor, but a bunch of them....
You could throw in the JMM factor - started at CH top 5 but stayed 3yrs and never quite reached his hype
You could add the Rash*t factor - an online campaign against Roy and his former team
You could add the negative spin from 3 California recruits quitting the team in two years
You could add Roy's health - sideline collapses were fuel for negative recruiting
And then there was the AFAM...

So yeah, the FBI has now helped, but it doesn't diminish the negative attention Roy had to deal with for most of this decade.

Yeah, I argued that the NCAA investigation that hug over us was not the ONLY reason were were struggling with recruiting and it wasn't. But while the NCAA was investigating us it gave credibility of a sort to the negative recruiting that was being aimed at us fair or not.

Now of course the NCAA is looking at other programs and we came out exactly as Roy had been telling recruits we would, making the negative nonsense show as total BS that was hammered on us. Add in the fact that duke has been hammered with negative comments concerning how K treats his recruits and now time has ticked to the extent that JMM, the Drew nonsense has passed, kinda ancient history considering all that has occurred in the sport over the last couple years.

And don't forget, UNC played in natty games in 2 of the last 3yrs and won a natty, kids love to play for winners, look at Villinova's recruiting right now and the steam it has picked up.

Saw him play in Cartersville over the summer. He was on a whole other level than anyone else on the floor w him. Would really love to see this guy in Carolina blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT