ADVERTISEMENT

247 Sports - 2019 True Freshman All-American Team

Here is something to consider. If Mack doesn't come home, Howell probably keeps his commitment to FSU and Taggert could still be there. I'm saying all of this happens, but it's possible.

Here is something to consider. If Mack doesn't come home, Howell probably keeps his commitment to FSU and Taggert could still be there. I'm saying all of this happens, but it's possible.
Howell would have made a difference at FSU, but that team had plenty of issues on both sides of the ball. They still looked as unsettled and unsure as they did in Jimbo's last year.

Howell would have made a difference at FSU, but that team had plenty of issues on both sides of the ball. They still looked as unsettled and unsure as they did in Jimbo's last year.

FSU and Miami. Two down programs with past titles and success and also in great recruiting areas. Which one comes back to prominence first?

FSU and Miami. Two down programs with past titles and success and also in great recruiting areas. Which one comes back to prominence first?
FSU. Large state school that now has a very exciting young HC. Miami may have made the same mistake it made in hiring Randy Shannon as HC: assume the very popular DC can get the job done as HC. If Miami gets no better next year, and Norvell hits the ground running, Miami could be back in the market for a new HC.

Reactions: Archer2 and MWHeels
FSU. Large state school that now has a very exciting young HC. Miami may have made the same mistake it made in hiring Randy Shannon as HC: assume the very popular DC can get the job done as HC. If Miami gets no better next year, and Norvell hits the ground running, Miami could be back in the market for a new HC.

Good points. Manny Diaz was a complete disaster this year. And I don't think lack of talent was an issue. Richt recruited some good players. He's going to need a huge turnaround next season. I'm not even sure 7-5 or 8-4 will keep the fans off his back.

Fisher was 88-23 at FSU, that’s an average of 11-3 per year, including an undefeated National Championship season. Most schools would die to have that kind of coach. He has one bad year and they can him. Now I bet they regret it.

I do think Norvell is very good. He was at the top of my wish list when we were shopping.

Fisher was 88-23 at FSU, that’s an average of 11-3 per year, including an undefeated National Championship season. Most schools would die to have that kind of coach. He has one bad year and they can him. Now I bet they regret it.

I do think Norvell is very good. He was at the top of my wish list when we were shopping.

The win / loss record is impressive, but I've heard more than one FSU fan say he created a toxic culture within the program that greatly contributed to their downfall. They say he let Jameis do whatever he wanted without any consequences, and once other players saw that it was all over.

Reactions: tarheel0910
The win / loss record is impressive, but I've heard more than one FSU fan say he created a toxic culture within the program that greatly contributed to their downfall. They say he let Jameis do whatever he wanted without any consequences, and once other players saw that it was all over.
That’s certainly possible, I have no info to the contrary. I’d heard rumors re: Winston being give “special treatment”. Who knows? I do think Norvell will have them competing very hard with Clemson in a year or two. And that’s a good thing, IMO.

That’s certainly possible, I have no info to the contrary. I’d heard rumors re: Winston being give “special treatment”. Who knows? I do think Norvell will have them competing very hard with Clemson in a year or two. And that’s a good thing, IMO.

I also think Norvell was a solid hire for them. There's really no excuse for a major power 5 school in Florida to be awful. Hire the right coach, and the talent will get there.

FSU did not fire Jimbo. He left because he wanted to be gone. In fact, it is almost certain that he was actively looking to leave a year before he did - he just did not get offered the money he demanded.

I think it almost certain that Jimbo did very little coaching his last year at FSU - he let it run on auto pilot, knowing he was gone when the season ended.

He did not end his FSU days doing right by his employer and his players.

Reactions: MWHeels
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT