ADVERTISEMENT

3 Keys for UNC to Defeat Clemson

Shefflin really got in to us last game physically, like to see him as less a factor this time. We did a solid job on Girard, need to again but he is not the biggest guard around so we match up on him pretty well. Of course PJ will get some but make him work for it, we limited him hard last game, 10pts. Keep inmind, Ingram only had 9pts and 4 boards when we played them, Shefflin got in to him a little bit while Shefflin scored 17 and pulled in 11boards and had 5 steals. It was Shefflin and Chase Hunter that got in on to us last time, clamp one of those guys down and things could get carried away quickly.

WE at home this time, we seem to score well at home. I wonder if Brownell tries to face guard RJ when RJ only scored 14 last time when it would likely have to be Chase Hunter that would and risks holding Hunter's scoring down like it did Proctor for duke?

We played well defensively last game vs clemson but we didn't play well offensively, we missed a ton of clean looks. I suspect we shoot it better tonight and Shefflin is not as big a factor as he was last game with them.

Reactions: Occy64 and TPFKAPFS
We provided a blueprint the last time to beat these guys and I see no reason to deviate from it. One change I want to see is more efficient offense from us. I also want to see us continue to play tough, intense, on ball D a game! I hope peeps try to replicate the pukie idea that you sell out to stop RJ! We have never been a 1 man team and have had different peeps step up multiple times!

This is the first rematch of the season so it will be interesting to see which coaching staff learned better from the first meeting.

Even though it's our court, I'm not sure we can count on PJ fouling out. We were only up by 2 with 6 to go. PJ fouled out after playing 24 minutes.

I thought the first game was our depth working as a 6th man. And we've played like that most games since then. I expect the same this time. But this could be another trap game if we are still celebrating.

I'm sure with their recent close heartache games lost with questionable calls robbing them of some W's they will be a very hungry team. We need to match that likely effort and play like we did vs. Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT