ADVERTISEMENT

5th serviceman passed away

Grayhead

Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2006
Shame that something like this happens on American soil. Hard to not harbor resentment to that religion for producing this kind of people. Hopefully itnwas a stand alone actband not something sanctioned by the goons over seas.

On a side note, where is the outrage against Muslims by the left? One idiot in Charleston and within 2 weeks a massive change is public perspective concerning a dated flag. But the poor innocent Muslims will most likely get a pass and this will die down within a few days. I want our borders protected. I fear this kind of thing will become the norm before its all over with

flaghalf.gif

salute2.gif
salute2.gif
salute2.gif
salute2.gif
salute2.gif

My best goes out to all of their friends and families.

Godspeed

Reactions: Grayhead
Shame that something like this happens on American soil. Hard to not harbor resentment to that religion for producing this kind of people. Hopefully itnwas a stand alone actband not something sanctioned by the goons over seas.

On a side note, where is the outrage against Muslims by the left? One idiot in Charleston and within 2 weeks a massive change is public perspective concerning a dated flag. But the poor innocent Muslims will most likely get a pass and this will die down within a few days. I want our borders protected. I fear this kind of thing will become the norm before its all over with
You mean like people having resentment toward the Rebel Flag because some other nut shot 9 people in a church?

Shame that something like this happens on American soil. Hard to not harbor resentment to that religion for producing this kind of people.

Nah - the resentable people are the libs that enable these people and collborate with the terrorists directly or indirectly. Crazy and wicked people always exist. We have people and agencies to protect us from them - or we did. Now Obama is trusting Iran with nukes but wont trust Marines with their own weapons. OBVIOUSLY after Ft Hood shooting guns should have been allowed on posts (especially with Obama admin reveling identities of special forces).

It was Clinton who snaked guns away from military - and it was Clinton who tried to block military absentee balloots and voting on bases. There was never a good reason to disarm military. All the really dangerous anti-America stuff started under Clinton (like helping China get missile tech and ability to make silent sub propellers). Bill had over a 100 people from Chinese military and intelligence coming and going from White House. When a hearing was called 120 Chinese sought for questioning left the country in a flash. One of great cover-ups most foget about

Reactions: gunslingerdick
A flag did not cause that issue. The resentment comes thru religious indoctrination by radical eastern culture. Now it showing up on the shores of my home country. If Abdul goatherder wants to hate American, then so be it. But keep it over there. They have hated so many people since they began as a society, they have lost site of who to truly hate. They are prone to much violence and the slaughter of innocents. Now they are living within our borders, attending our schools, and living as good as we do. All the while hating America.
There is no way you can keep this type of person away anymore because there is such a large divide within our own country. Anyone who reads this board like i have for years can see it plain as day. To be honest, the landscape of this country is starting to look bad to me.
I try to get along with everyone. For the most part, I shy away from threads that divide people. But what happened to these servicemen on our home soil is tragic and uncalled for. Folks the enemy is slipping in while we argue over gays and flags. We have a thread going on about a country who is know to support terrorist. We know they are working to acquire nukes. Some here think that is OK. History shows the Hitler sought the same thing. What if he popped a few off on American soil before we hit Japan with ours. Some people and countries do not need anything like that. Diplomacy is not an option when someone is willing to kill in the manor they like to kill.
So yes, I think it is a bit worse that one but in Charleston.

It's ALL tragic and uncalled for. Blaming a religion is as misplaced as blaming a flag. Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Taoism, Mormons, you name it... they ALL teach the same general message. They even have similar characters doing similar things in each Holy Text. If you look at the number of Muslims there are in the world, and then you look at the number of violent nuts who are Muslim, that should be all the proof you need. If Islam's goal is to teach violent terrorism, then apparently only a teeny, tiny minority are doing it right.

One thing is for sure, however. You can gain favor or contempt by exploiting it through the media in this country. Certain people over here are Pavlovian when it comes to anything Muslim. "A Muslim did something wrong? Well, the religion teaches hate." That is just wrong. You might say that the nut who is reading it is INTERPRETING IT to fuel his hatred! That could be a legit summation. But, again, religious nuts have been doing that since they started inventing religions and will continue to do it... with every religion.

It's misplacing the blame just like when Liberal-minded people blame guns for any murder. The gun wasn't to blame. The flag wasn't to blame. And, the RELIGION wasn't to blame! The blame goes directly and solely to the INDIVIDUAL who couldn't keep himself in balance. They are responsible for their actions.

Lol uhh strum i like u and all but having studied various religions at unc and over the years i can assure u a thousand freaking percent that their messages are nowhere near being similar. I dont know where u got that but u need to find the book and burn it or find the pastor/teacher/whatever and punch them in the forehead.

As for blame you are over correcting. U cant deny the role of a belief system in a persons actions and the responsibility of the leaders of a said belief system. I dont blame islam for the shootings but to understand it and prevent future shootings it would be naive and frankly stupid to ignore islams role.

To me, try he issue is not so much their religion as a whole. It's the sect that has come about with fanatical ideals. As a Christian, naturally I don't feel their religion is equal to mine. It may be from a secular standpoint. Some think the same God worshipped by both are one in the same, but from my end they are not. It's not my place to judge them for what they believe. I live my life as close to my belief as possible. In the end, God will sort out whose right and whose wrong.
Now in saying that, if some wack job decided to blow a school up or kill military recruiters, or kill someone sitting in church, I would be the first to codemn them for their actions. Public perspective here in the US feels that every Muslim country is out to get us. How true that is I don't know. But when that religion produces people who come here and destroy innocents , its to much. Where is the outrage from the Muslim community. Are they active within our borders to report suspicious activities? The news report stated that this man went back overseas for abfew months. To me, he should have been monitored. I hate to lie near a profiling standpoint, but this group is more of a danger to the public than most other foreign people in this country.
I don't have a solution, but I do feel something needs to be done. And I do not feel the current administration has a grasp on this issue. The Iran deal is unsettleing to me. We faced off during the cold war using nukes as a defence against Russia. There are people in that region who would pop one off to settle a land dispute. Iran has never proven to be trustworthy of such a destructive weapon. All it takes is one to go off and the whole world will fall into war again

Lol uhh strum i like u and all but having studied various religions at unc and over the years i can assure u a thousand freaking percent that their messages are nowhere near being similar. I dont know where u got that but u need to find the book and burn it or find the pastor/teacher/whatever and punch them in the forehead.

As for blame you are over correcting. U cant deny the role of a belief system in a persons actions and the responsibility of the leaders of a said belief system. I dont blame islam for the shootings but to understand it and prevent future shootings it would be naive and frankly stupid to ignore islams role.

I remember when I first became aware of the Holocaust, and my initial reaction was "Why did the Germans/Nazis have such contempt for Jews just because of their religion?" It seemed so illogical to me that a "belief system" could make outcasts of the believers. Nazis/Germans believed Jews were so dangerous that they created a method of murdering them simply for being Jews. Their economy and way of life had been damaged so much, and they put blame on the Jews and saw the Jew as a dangerous, mortal enemy. A handful of Jews had been very influential on the outcomes and state of Germany's post-WWI poverty and ruin. That doesn't make all Jews evil! In fact, the Jews that helped ruin Germany's economy weren't very Jew-ISH when it came to their actions and policies. Nonetheless, the entire religion got blackballed. But, I see times haven't changed at all.

The 3 Abrahamic religions are all intertwined.

Last edited:
As a Christian, naturally I don't feel their religion is equal to mine.
That statement is why religious people are so damned dangerous. I'm sure the suicide bombers all have that in common with you- "Their religion is not equal to mine."

I stopped worshiping the religions and started knowing God.

Not true. I actually just woke up from a grand 8-hour sleep. I'm sorry my point of view troubles you to the point that you have to resort to mimicking an 11-year-old to feel superior. What's interesting is; your little parody mocks you more than me.

Not true. I actually just woke up from a grand 8-hour sleep. I'm sorry my point of view troubles you to the point that you have to resort to mimicking an 11-year-old to feel superior. What's interesting is; your little parody mocks you more than me.
Ah yes the auto burn. Chick's dig it!

A handful of Jews had been very influential on the outcomes and state of Germany's post-WWI poverty and ruin. That doesn't make all Jews evil! In fact, the Jews that helped ruin Germany's economy weren't very Jew-ISH when it came to their actions and policies. Nonetheless, the entire religion got blackballed. But, I see times haven't changed at all..
Could you explain what you mean by this?

Well strum every choice made by every person in life is based on the premise that the alternatives are inferior. You're no different.

And strum when u consider isis, al qaeda, boka horam,al nusra, hezbollah, taliban, plo, hamas, and all their satellite affiliates thats EASILY millions of islamic terrorists. Thats not statistically insignificant when compared to number of muslims.

Well strum every choice made by every person in life is based on the premise that the alternatives are inferior. You're no different.

And strum when u consider isis, al qaeda, boka horam,al nusra, hezbollah, taliban, plo, hamas, and all their satellite affiliates thats EASILY millions of islamic terrorists. Thats not statistically insignificant when compared to number of muslims.
I am NOT denying the present-day volatile and dangerous "satellite" sects of Islam. They are identical to sects like the KKK. The KKK condones terrorism (and acts them out) in the name of Jesus all the time. Now, these Muslim terror groups are probably more effective and persistent nowadays, but the religion of Islam is still NOT TO BLAME! I don't care how badly these smaller cells of nuts try to degrade it, it's still not Islam that is to blame, it is human beings that are responsible for it.

I have never heard of any of the things you posted. How did a "handful of Jews" ruin Germany's economy ? I've never heard that before.
Well, I don't personally believe that they were maliciously trying to ruin Germany. But, the German political forces that came to power did and emphasized it. The Jewish influence in the Weimar Republic was the basis for some of it, I believe. It was misplaced and scapegoating, of course. I don't believe that just because these people were Jewish that they "had it in" for Germany and wanted Germany to crumble. There is lots of speculation about Jewish influence on the outcome of the First World War- see The Balfour Declaration. I've heard speculative stories that western powers were strengthened by Jewish influence on getting America into WWI to help get Palestine after that war. America's involvement certainly helped crush any advantage Germany had. But, again, this is all embellished propaganda to make the Jews, as a whole, the culprit for the woes of Germany and that was misplacing the blame just like people are doing with Islam. It allowed hate groups to take control. Misplacing guilt and propagandizing the realities can cause more chaos.

Some radicals, who are allegedly Islamic, and allegedly using their misinterpretation of Islamic teachings to fuel their hatred, are off the rails. That doesn't make Islam and the rest of the Muslim world complicit or guilty.

How many extremist Muslims does it take to start blaming the Korans teaching? And to rebutal your children of Abram statement, only one child was the son of promise.

Something tells me he won't agree with you or even acknowledge that you might have a point. Let me scroll down and see.

Reactions: UNC '92
Yep- I was right.
You need to scroll up.

I did acknowledge that these cells of extremists are dangerous. But, it's not "Islam's fault" at all. Sorry. I've read enough of the Qur'an to know it's no more incentivizing violence and murder than the Torah, The Old Testament, the New Testament etc. That never stopped religious nuts from killing and maiming in the name of their God. But, the religion is never to blame. It's always the PEOPLE who are responsible. People are the ones who skew, twist, spin and modify Holy messages to justify their acts of hatred.

It's really popular over here to think that the religion is the culprit... it's not. I don't believe Christianity is why blacks were lynched one by one by Klansmen doing the "work of the Lord Jesus Christ." I don't think Christianity is why Catholics and Protestants burnt one another alive. Peoples' hatreds and inability to actually follow the commands of their religions helped produce those violent outcomes.

George to the rescue:

Fast forward to 13 seconds on...

Last edited:

Strum sure can. He will cover his ears, and refuse to see or hear anything that contradicts his naïve little worldview. Here's a couple hints for him: When someone killls in the name of their religion, it is then ok to blame the teachings of that religion for that person's actions. Now when you have millions of people doing the same thing, in the name of the same religion, well then there just may be a pattern and a causation. A couple hundred million radicals is NOT a teeny tiny minority. 80% of Egyptians believe that one should be killed for apostasy. That is not a reasonable viewpoint that civilized people hold. The ones that aren't terrorists aren't doing Islam right- Ask the imams, they'll tell you. But he'll have to take his fingers out of his ears and actually attempt to comprehend the big wide world around him.

Last edited:
I am NOT denying the present-day volatile and dangerous "satellite" sects of Islam. They are identical to sects like the KKK. The KKK condones terrorism (and acts them out) in the name of Jesus all the time. Now, these Muslim terror groups are probably more effective and persistent nowadays, but the religion of Islam is still NOT TO BLAME! I don't care how badly these smaller cells of nuts try to degrade it, it's still not Islam that is to blame, it is human beings that are responsible for it.

What????? Yeah, today's news is FILLED, FILLED I tell ya, with stories about the KKK running amok, blowing up buildings, slaughtering entire towns, beating kids for not fasting, sponsoring suicide bombers, just creating mayhem like that Nationwide mayhem guy. Something must be done about them.

What????? Yeah, today's news is FILLED, FILLED I tell ya, with stories about the KKK running amok, blowing up buildings, slaughtering entire towns, beating kids for not fasting, sponsoring suicide bombers, just creating mayhem like that Nationwide mayhem guy. Something must be done about them.
Do you understand the concept of "relative?" Just because the KKK isn't doing it at this moment, doesn't meant the comparison is wrong. About 40-50 years ago, they were doing that quite frequently down South. That's been in our lifetime (some of us). It's the same concept and the same misplaced blame. The KKK was, by their own admission, a "Christian Organization", but they never seemed to practice ideals professed by Jesus when they burned churches, blew up churches, lynched blacks and killed children inside the churches. It's the same thing here, in a relative sense.

Do you understand the concept of "relative?" Just because the KKK isn't doing it at this moment, doesn't meant the comparison is wrong. About 40-50 years ago, they were doing that quite frequently down South. That's been in our lifetime (some of us). It's the same concept and the same misplaced blame. The KKK was, by their own admission, a "Christian Organization", but they never seemed to practice ideals professed by Jesus when they burned churches, blew up churches, lynched blacks and killed children inside the churches. It's the same thing here, in a relative sense.

Yeah, I would say that FACT THAT IT'S NOT HAPPENING makes it irrelevant. And I missed where they slaughtered towns and sponsored suicide bombers. You got some links to some articles about the frequent KKK suicide bombers? This is weaker than your normal spew- and that's saying something.

And here's your line:
The KKK condones terrorism (and acts them out) in the name of Jesus all the time.

You wrote in the PRESENT TENSE. You didn't say crap about this being 40-50 years ago. You just put a weak, incoherent, fatally flawed argument out there, and now you're backtracking. Relative? No way. You may now return to making stuff up.

Yeah, I would say that FACT THAT IT'S NOT HAPPENING makes it irrelevant. And I missed where they slaughtered towns and sponsored suicide bombers. You got some links to some articles about the frequent KKK suicide bombers? This is weaker than your normal spew- and that's saying something.

And here's your line:
The KKK condones terrorism (and acts them out) in the name of Jesus all the time.

You wrote in the PRESENT TENSE. You didn't say crap about this being 40-50 years ago. You just put a weak, incoherent, fatally flawed argument out there, and now you're backtracking. Relative? No way. You may now return to making stuff up.
My most sincere apologies. That was a mistake on my part using the "present-tense." Even though their predisposition for violence does happen in the present.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ows-the-lid-off-its-hypocritical-rebrand.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/violent-clashes-between-kkk-black-6096245

Now can you make a relative comparison? It's pretty simple; Do you think Christianity was to blame for the KKK's acts of murder and terror?

I guess if it doesn't include suicide bombings, it's not terrorism. That's a neat trick. Way to defend the Klan.

Wouldn't it be better to just denounce terrorism in general instead of giving certain acts of murder and terror a slide because it took place last year and not this week, or 10 years ago instead of ten minutes ago? Or, because one group claims it adheres to one religion and the other claims a different religion... which also happens to be YOUR religion!

Last edited:

My middle name is moral superiority. I will continue to claim it along with all types of superiority especially over the likes of idiot apologists that think they're being objective by continuing to excuse a pattern of violent behavior. You read the numbers in the link I provided. Don't be mad that they don't align with the garbage you try to sell around here.

My middle name is moral superiority. I will continue to claim it along with all types of superiority especially over the likes of idiot apologists that think they're being objective by continuing to excuse a pattern of violent behavior. You read the numbers in the link I provided. Don't be mad that they don't align with the garbage you try to sell around here.
I've never "excused their behavior", darling. Not once. In fact, I condemn the behavior directly, repeatedly. You are more preoccupied with blaming their religion. I simply put the blame squarely on the individuals that do it, not their religious club. That's why I'm right and you're wrong. I linked more links. Your argument is being selective, like the liberals you rail against are so famous for doing.

I don't sell anything. Mine is free. Are you charging for your garbage?

And it is overpriced at that.
I'm not forcing it on you. Put me on ignore.

Do you blame Christianity for the deaths of the black children and lynchings by the KKK, or do you blame the members of the KKK?

Do you blame the Confederate flag, or even racism, for the 9 deaths in Charleston recently, or do you blame the kid who killed them?

If you answered "No" to both, then why is Islam to blame for every violent act that some unhinged alleged Muslim carries-out?

The answers aren't really that cut-and-dry, actually. However, you people lean HEAVILY in the opinion that all Muslims are all just bombs waiting to go off. That's a really dangerous attitude- free or bought.

Round them all up and put them in ghettos and build extermination camps for them if you're that certain that their religion creates vicious, suicidal animals out of every one of them. That's the distinct message I'm getting from everyone denouncing the religion. No one seems interested in holding these individuals accountable for what they've done.

ADVERTISEMENT