ADVERTISEMENT

8:46 - Dave Chappelle

I love Dave Chappell and think he's maybe the last of real comedians alive. I've always liked his willingness to offend people and not give a shit about what they think of his jokes. With that said, I have one question upon seeing this for the first time:

Was that supposed to be a comedy show or a Ted Talk? Not gonna lie, if I paid money to see a comedy show and got that, I'd be a little pissed. Not saying he didn't have a worthy message, just not what I would have signed up for.

I love Dave Chappell and think he's maybe the last of real comedians alive. I've always liked his willingness to offend people and not give a shit about what they think of his jokes. With that said, I have one question upon seeing this for the first time:

Was that supposed to be a comedy show or a Ted Talk? Not gonna lie, if I paid money to see a comedy show and got that, I'd be a little pissed. Not saying he didn't have a worthy message, just not what I would have signed up for.
I dunno what it was "supposed to be." I dunno what a Ted Talk is. I'm not sure what the people who paid were expecting. I saw Chappelle's Mark Twain award show from the Kennedy Center on Netflix last night, and saw this in my You Tube feed today and decided to share it.

I dunno what it was "supposed to be." I dunno what a Ted Talk is. I'm not sure what the people who paid were expecting. .

*sigh*
difficult people are difficult.

Ok, I'm sorry to befuddle you with my questions. Let me see if I can ask it in a different way that maybe you can answer.

Upon seeing that video listed in your feed, did you personally believe that the 30 minute video you were about to click was going to be a stand up comedy routine from Dave Chappell?

Secondly, learn about Ted Talks here:
https://www.ted.com/

Lastly, I wasn't asking you what those in attendance thought. I was simply saying that I would not have been pleased if I made plans and paid money to see a comedy routine and instead got a big dose of heavy discussion with little laughter.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
I thought about this same thing when watching, like was this part of a comedy routine or was it just a special he was doing? It kinda feels like the end of a comedy thing.

*sigh*
difficult people are difficult.

Ok, I'm sorry to befuddle you with my questions. Let me see if I can ask it in a different way that maybe you can answer.

Upon seeing that video listed in your feed, did you personally believe that the 30 minute video you were about to click was going to be a stand up comedy routine from Dave Chappell?

Secondly, learn about Ted Talks here:
https://www.ted.com/

Lastly, I wasn't asking you what those in attendance thought. I was simply saying that I would not have been pleased if I made plans and paid money to see a comedy routine and instead got a big dose of heavy discussion with little laughter.
I wasn't sure what the video was about. I just clicked it because I had been watching a couple of Chappelle's Netflix specials.

I dunno what it was "supposed to be." I dunno what a Ted Talk is. I'm not sure what the people who paid were expecting. I saw Chappelle's Mark Twain award show from the Kennedy Center on Netflix last night, and saw this in my You Tube feed today and decided to share it.
Was the mark twain award thing on netflix funny or worth watching?

Was the mark twain award thing on netflix funny or worth watching?
It was to me. It had a LOT of celebrities. Dave is a well-liked guy! It was fun watching the flash-backs. I had never seen Neal Brennan before. Jon Stewart, Sarah Silverman, and so on. You see his family. He looks like he's at least 10 years older than he is.

28marktwainprize2-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Ohh, okay. I watched it twice. I never even put togther the part about the "8:46" until he mentioned it in the monologue. I thought it was some random You Tube video. I checked the date it was posted first.

Dude smokes like a chimney! I remember when he was on Howard Stern's radio show after his son, Sulayman was born. THAT was hilarious. I wish I could find the .mpeg I had of that one. It was after he'd left Comedy Central and started living out in the Ohio "wilderness."

The Kennedy Center/Twain award show has some really cool anecdotes about Dave, from the various celebrities who spoke. I'd never seen "A Star Is Born", so I didn't know what Bradley Cooper's association was with Chappelle. They showed a clip from the film and I was like "ohhh! Dave was in THAT? Cool!" Jon Stewart remembering the Dayton show was awesome. Stewart said "When we finished, and the crowd was cheering, Dave turned to me and said 'This will be their memory now'..." He's a good guy!

yea it aggravates the hell outta me to go to a concert or Exhibit or play or comedy show and get lectured. Even if I agree with what they’re saying. Just stfu and do what I’m paying you to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT