ADVERTISEMENT

A new Heel...from good stock

That's a shocker. I have doubts he can ever vreak into PT as a UNC QB, with what we have already on campus or signed or committed. But his daddy was not heavilky recruited as a player and ended up with 2 letters and some starts at Michigan. And Manny has QBed a state championship team. So like his dad, he is a winner.

I hope he plays baseball too. He has potential in that sport too.

I really hope you are a wuffie.
I'm as true blue as anyone here. Sorry to be a downer but just being realistic. This program is not at the point where it can afford to take players that will just take up space. I hope he proves me wrong. Welcome to the Hill, Mr. Miles.

Last edited:
I think it is a good pick up if for no other reason than a powerhouse coach let's his son go to a program with the NCAA cloud hanging over it. Maybe that cloud is not as dark as ABC'rs want to believe. Guess we will know soon.

I'm as true blue as anyone here. Sorry to be a downer but just being realistic. This program is not at the point where it can afford to take players that will just take up space. I hope he proves me wrong. Welcome to the Hill, Mr. Miles.

1) He is a 3 star player, not exactly chopped liver.
2) A walk on does NOT take up a scholarship.
3) The connections alone are worth taking him.

You are bothered by a walk on taking up space? In the heyday of Tom Osborne, Nebraska had 30 or more walk ons on eevery team, along with the full number of scholarship players. More than a few of those walk ons would eventually see game time. That signalled great health for the program.

Reactions: Archer2
I'll take a guess and say he also came here to play baseball too.

He says he wants to concentrate on football, but he is as highly regarded in baseball. I hope he is going to get on the diamond. The only way he can know which sport is better for him in college is give each a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT