ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

MRUNC

Senior
Jun 28, 2001
So it looks like we finish at least 5th and maybe 4th depending on us winning out and Liuusville losing their last 2. So I may get to see the Heels play 4 games. I have an extra ticket book in the UNC section for face if anyone is interested contact me at mrunc136@centurylink.net

Originally posted by MRUNC:
So it looks like we finish at least 5th and maybe 4th depending on us winning out and Liuusville losing their last 2. So I may get to see the Heels play 4 games. I have an extra ticket book in the UNC section for face if anyone is interested contact me at mrunc136@centurylink.net
I'm not trying to be Mr. Negative, but this team's personality leads me to believe they will overlook the conference tournament. I think they win one game max.

If they finish 5th they play a bottom 4 team. Then they play Louisville without Jones. So I see them winning 2 then UVA on Friday and then Dook Saturday. Never know that is why they play the games

I'll be there and I hope they use it as an opportunity to get some momentum. Last one in Greensboro for quite a while, hopefully it's one to remember.

It's a weird scenario with Louisville and us. If we win out and they lose one of two, then we would have the same conference record. The tiebreaker would then go to record against the teams ahead of us in the standings. But both teams would be 1-3 against the combination of duke, ND and UVa. So what tiebreaker is used next? Do they then measure both teams against the the next 3 in the standings (Miami, Pitt and Syracuse). If so, we lose out because Louisville went 3-1 against that threesome whereas we went 2-1.

If we end up tied with LV, we win the tiebreaker with our Syracuse win.

ul has got 2 tough games left. nd tonight and uva this weekend so if we can beat dook we just might be able to slide into that double bye.

Those who have experience/knowledge of plantar fasciitis...how bad could it be for Marcus to play potentially 3 games in 3 days or 4 in 4 days in the ACCT? I know he would have a few days off before and after but just wondering if this could be a recipe for disaster.

Originally posted by RP12:
Those who have experience/knowledge of plantar fasciitis...how bad could it be for Marcus to play potentially 3 games in 3 days or 4 in 4 days in the ACCT? I know he would have a few days off before and after but just wondering if this could be a recipe for disaster.
I'm not a Doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I just have a hard time believing that Marcus Paige has Plantar Fascitiis?.....The reason for me is that I once had a problem with the bottom of one of my feet, feeling like knives sticking in my bottom side of my foot at times, and was sore as the dickens at the end of the day....Also thought it was Plantar Fascitis, but chose to buy a new pair of working boots to wear that had more support than my other shoes, and the pain mysteriously disappeared after a period of time.....Shoes with proper support make all the difference....May have to pay more, but it's better for your feet and legs in the long run....

Is it possible that Marcus Paige has been misdiagnosed?....I mean Plantar Fasciitis is generally an ailment that affects much older people than a person in his early 20s, is what I've been told?

If I were he, I would get a 2nd opinion about his foot problem because a lot of time it's either the lack of support in the footwear that you're wearing, or it's a problem with the arch in your foot that needs supporting that is causing the pain....At least that's what I found out about my own foot problem....

As for the ACC tourney, it's going to be a blast!

Go Tarheels!

I am not a doctor either , but I would suspect even a "younger athlete" is susceptible to ailments like plantar fasciitis because of the constant stress on the feet. Just a guess.

I am a runner and I have plantar fasciitis . It hurts like crazy when you first get up in the morning or if I sit down for an extended time, but once I get up and moving, it feels much better. I can understand him being in some pain at the beginning of games. This happens when I run. The first mile is a little painful but after that my feet feel alright. And if his feet are hurting at the start of games it has to make his jump shooting very painful.

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

back to topic ND just finished off Louisville,
Yep . . I appreciate the Irish besting L'Ville . . . this really helps. Now we need UVA to hang another L on the Cards come Saturday night.

Originally posted by BillyL:

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

back to topic ND just finished off Louisville,
Yep . . I appreciate the Irish besting L'Ville . . . this really helps. Now we need UVA to hang another L on the Cards come Saturday night.
Yep.

I think the Hoos are going to do it.

Yes PF is an injury that once warmed up you are fine. But you can not let it get cold cause it tightens up. Stretch it out after activity then ice it down. They make a sock to sleep in that pulls the toes back toward the knee. It usually does not get worse with more activity. I am not a doctor just a marathoner

This post was edited on 3/6 1:21 PM by MRUNC

This post was edited on 3/6 3:23 PM by MRUNC

Yes PF is an injury that once warmed up you are fine. But you can not let it get cold cause itvtightens up. Stretch it out after activity then ice it down. They make s dick to sleep in that pull the ties back toward the knee. It usually does not get worse with more activity. I am not s divtor just a marathoner
Robert, what the crap are you drinking? And please pass it my way ....
party0012.r191677.gif

Originally posted by rritch2:
Per Adam Lucas on twitter:

If UL beats UVA, Heels=5. If Cards lose to Hoos, Heels=4. UNC-Duke doesn't matter for seeding.
Interesting to know. UNC-Duke could still matter a heck of a lot for seeding in the big tourney though. I bet it's worth at least one line for us if we win (although our seed can always be subject to the committee trying to match us up with Kansas).

I'd rather be the 5 than the 4.

Hopefully we beat Duke and UL beats Virginia.

Then we can get an extra win in the tourney on the way to the Tourney Title. We could use the practice time with Berry at the point.

If I still lived in NC, I would be there! Pinson back, Berry hitting some 3's, anything can happen in G-boro and would be worth checking out. Plus, tourney turns into one-and-done mentality, so that can help with intensity, etc.

Originally posted by imajericho:
I'd rather be the 5 than the 4.

Hopefully we beat Duke and UL beats Virginia.

Then we can get an extra win in the tourney on the way to the Tourney Title. We could use the practice time with Berry at the point.
Agreed, I could see some rest being good, but maybe better to play Pinson and Berry a lot to give others a break and get back into rhythm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT