ADVERTISEMENT

American Sniper

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
I am so much looking forward to this movie starring Bradley Cooper and directed by Clint Eastwood . . .

something about the little snippets I've seen on TV have had me me thinking that it's gonna be a goodun, and now I see it's a Clint Eastwood deal. Last time I went to the theatre was to see a Clint Eastwood deal and it was great.

Hope to see this one over the Holidays. Understand that it is a great movie!! Love Clint Eastwood. What a contrast as a director..........Jersey Boys Movie and now American Sniper.

I read Kyle's books. This is the first movie I would actually be motivated to go a theater to see in many years.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This movie looks awesome! May be forced to go to the theater also!

This movie opens tomorrow! I just finished to the book. Can't wait for the movie. Probably going to try to catch the matinee Saturday.

Yeah, this is one both the wife and I want to see. That is pretty rare. We have very different tastes in movies.

It opened here this evening, I doubt I'll be able to get out tomorrow evening to see it . . wifey and I are looking to catch it Saturday afternoon.

Originally posted by grillheel:
This movie opens tomorrow! I just finished to the book. Can't wait for the movie. Probably going to try to catch the matinee Saturday.
how was the book? I usually go for the book over the movie but I just have a feeling for the movie this time.

Originally posted by bluetoe:
how was the book? I usually go for the book over the movie but I just have a feeling for the movie this time.
I thought the book was really good. Kyle tells of his experiences all the way from being a rodeo performer through BUDS (the SEAL boot camp on steroids) and through his deployments. Very interesting stuff. I agree with you though that the movie looks like it will really ramp up the intensity of his experiences and feelings. Really looking forward to it.

I'm cheap! When is the DVD coming out?
cool.r191677.gif

listened to bradley cooper on howard stern last week...he talked about having to transform his body, mind, and dialect to kyle...he didn't want to half-ass it, or embarrass the seals, so he went all out.

there's a real good story about spielberg wanting to direct before eastwood even got involved...it almost didn't get done at all.

I saw american sniper yesterday.It is a great movie,worth seeing!I have worked with many vets,several snipers,some with ptsd.Some are unable to find fulfillment in civilian life,but find a strange addiction to the excitement of combat and to their brothers.This is very real and so is the movie.It will stir All of your emotions!

I read on another O/T board that the unusual had happened. . the audience remained in their seats until all the credits had been viewed, and that there was total silence as they filed out of the theater . .

Starts out a little slow, with a touch of hollywood to it, but, there are some reality war scenes depicted within some of this story. The scenes of the funeral procession are somber . .

Wifey and I put off until tomorrow to see this film . . we're forecasted for a rainy day Sunday.

Film set some kind of record for Eastwood films..... pulled in 30 million first day

Gonna see it next week.

Originally posted by BillyL:

Saw it today. I thought it was great. Go see it!
The Grill-man would know . .
Not sure about that Billy but appreciate the kind words. I'll admit I'm a sucker for movies that make me realize how much we owe the guys (and girls) that risk their lives protecting us, i.e., Saving Private Ryan, Taking Chance, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Lone Survivor, etc. I think this movie is in that category.

Originally posted by keysersosay#1:

Film set some kind of record for Eastwood films..... pulled in 30 million first day

Gonna see it next week.

$90.2 Million through the wknd, setting an all time high for a film debuting in January . .

Michael moore didnt like it. He called the main character and others like him (snipers) a coward.

Then seth rogen tweeted it was comparable to the nazi propaganda film in inglorious basterds
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT