ADVERTISEMENT

Another Shark Attack . . . Wed., July 1st in Ocracoke and Another in Isle of Palms

The sharks are slowly headed north .... Ocean Isle, Oak Island, Surf City, Avon ... I sense a pattern.

7 foot sand tiger shark caught on the outer banks . . after releasing it, the ocean pretty much emptied of swimmers.

men-fishing.jpg

http://wtvr.com/2015/06/29/shark-caught-outer-banks/

Now Ocracoke.

The man was swimming when he encountered a gray shark, approximately six to seven feet long. The shark pulled the man under the water and bit him multiple times on his rib cage, hip, lower leg, and both hands, according to Hyde County EMS.

CI2KiP_WwAE5dBE.jpg

Attack in Ocracoke occurred at or close to 12 noon today, as the call was received at 12:13 PM . . . this at a time when sharks are least active (dawn/dusk)

tumblr_mg69ijRmRI1r0w2dto1_500.gif

"Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks, and that's all."

tumblr_m8f3upuMfe1qg4blro1_500.gif

You see anything that needs stitches . . . ?

Or are you in one of those 'I wanna be argumentative' kinda moods' . . ?

Yep, those are definitely minor wounds, a little dab of Neosporin and that young man is back in the water next week . . anything more than that would be melodramatic.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Wow. Sh*t just got real for me because I was on Isle of Palms 2 weeks ago - when the Oak Island attacks happened.

You see anything that needs stitches . . . ?

Or are you in one of those 'I wanna be argumentative' kinda moods' . . ?

Yep, those are definitely minor wounds, a little dab of Neosporin and that young man is back in the water next week . . anything more than that would be melodramatic.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
It doesn't look minor to me! It looks like stitches were to follow!

It doesn't look minor to me! It looks like stitches were to follow!

I've cut my hand and leg that required stitches, drove myself to the hospital and back home. No overnight stay was needed. If, this young man needed stitches for a couple of the worst bite wounds he received, he likely was able to go home that day.

So yes, I do consider it to be a minor injury. Unlike the 2 kids who 3 weeks back lost an arm and/or had severe leg wounds.

so yeah, its not a big deal to me.

Florida averages around 23 to 26 shark attacks a year so we here in the Carolinas have got some catching up to do.

Reactions: UNC71-00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT