ADVERTISEMENT

Any Christmas Tree Light Gurus on the Board?

WhatTheHeel?

All-American
Mar 31, 2002
We have a pre-lit artificial tree with four sections that I connect together--its stored disassembled.

The lights of each section connect to themselves and an extension cord goes down the tree and into a four-plug "animated show" connector.

The top section has one plug/string of lights
The second section has three plugs that connect together, then to the extension cord.
The third and fourth sections each have five plugs.

The tree lights up for 30-60 seconds, then the lower sections go off (sometimes 3 goes out first, sometimes 4) then section two goes out.

It can't' see the problem being be a bulb since it all lights up. Same with the fuses, right?

It isn't even animated when this happens, the lights are just solidly lit.

Any ideas? I'm not having much luck with an internet search.

We have a pre-lit artificial tree with four sections that I connect together--its stored disassembled.

The lights of each section connect to themselves and an extension cord goes down the tree and into a four-plug "animated show" connector.

The top section has one plug/string of lights
The second section has three plugs that connect together, then to the extension cord.
The third and fourth sections each have five plugs.

The tree lights up for 30-60 seconds, then the lower sections go off (sometimes 3 goes out first, sometimes 4) then section two goes out.

It can't' see the problem being be a bulb since it all lights up. Same with the fuses, right?

It isn't even animated when this happens, the lights are just solidly lit.

Any ideas? I'm not having much luck with an internet search.
Buy a new tree. Advice paid for in part by your friends at Double OWWW TEEE BEEEE

Last edited:
LOL. I think I figured it out. The adapter was rated at 240W. I'm pretty sure the lights are not LED so the total wattage of the strands must be exceeding that amount. I plugged them straight into a regular extension cord and they stay lit.

plugging-in-clark-griswold.gif

I always hated the strands of lights that sections would be out. Had to physically test every bulb to find it. Found it was cheaper to buy new than spend all that time. We now have pre lit trees.

Can't have live due to my allergies.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT