ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody watch UVA at VT last night

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
fighting to get the 6th W and a bowl game?

It was ugly and turned into entertaining ugly.

As I have said for 3 years, Beamer is over the hill and should retire. He is doing to the program he built precisely waht Bobby Bowden did to FSU.

London may get lucky and notch a bowl every 3rd or 4th year he coaches at UVA, but I see no sign that he can win even 6 games consistently there.

ACC football needs VT to be competitive and does not require both VA teams to be in bowls with any consistency. So I hope Beamer sees the light and retires, and UVA hires London for life.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:

As I have said for 3 years, Beamer is over the hill and should retire. He is doing to the program he built precisely waht Bobby Bowden did to FSU.

London may get lucky and notch a bowl every 3rd or 4th year he coaches at UVA, but I see no sign that he can win even 6 games consistently there.

ACC football needs VT to be competitive and does not require both VA teams to be in bowls with any consistency. So I hope Beamer sees the light and retires, and UVA hires London for life.
Are you on drugs? I hope Beamer stays 10 more years and turns them into a shit hole that even doerun wouldn't go to. Those VT POS have done almost as much lying and damage to UNC as the wuffies have. Why in HELL would you want anything positive for them? I want them to suffer in a pit with state.

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:

Are you on drugs? I hope Beamer stays 10 more years and turns them into a shit hole that even doerun wouldn't go to. Those VT POS have done almost as much lying and damage to UNC as the wuffies have. Why in HELL would you want anything positive for them? I want them to suffer in a pit with state.
Right now, there are only 3 ACC football teams that the media will respect with fewer than 10 wins regular season: the 3 with the largest average attendance, and that includes VT. Until ACC football as a whole steps up in a big way, fan support almost as importantly as wnning, the reputation of the conference, which means future TV deals which must remain large enough to hold the league together, will depend primarily on those 3 schools winning enough collectively each year.

It matters, positvely, to the reputation of ACC football that VT has the longest bowl streak in the country at 22 years.

ACC football requires a school in VA to win every year, and more than 6 games. That school does not have to be VT, but all things considered, including VT's recent history of winning and its fan base size and loyalty, as well as our need to get back to dominating The South's Oldest Rivalry, it is better for the ACC and spefically for UNC if VT is the VA school that goes bowling every year and dominates its in-state rival.

Is it a lesser of 2 evils thing? You bet.

Originally posted by UNC_Blue:

Right now, there are only 3 ACC football teams that the media will respect with fewer than 10 wins regular season: the 3 with the largest average attendance, and that includes VT. Until ACC football as a whole steps up in a big way, fan support almost as importantly as wnning, the reputation of the conference, which means future TV deals which must remain large enough to hold the league together, will depend primarily on those 3 schools winning enough collectively each year.

It matters, positvely, to the reputation of ACC football that VT has the longest bowl streak in the country at 22 years.

ACC football requires a school in VA to win every year, and more than 6 games. That school does not have to be VT, but all things considered, including VT's recent history of winning and its fan base size and loyalty, as well as our need to get back to dominating The South's Oldest Rivalry, it is better for the ACC and spefically for UNC if VT is the VA school that goes bowling every year and dominates its in-state rival.

Is it a lesser of 2 evils thing? You bet.
Sorry, that isn't close to being true. The ACC needs 3-4 really strong programs and a contender or two a year. One of them doesn't need to be in Va. That said, even if it did, I would still root for VT to burn.

This is a case of someone cheering, wrongly, for the ACC over UNC. Va and VT are taking the recruits that UNC has traditionally taken out of the tidewater. Every single time UNC has been good/dominate, we have owned the tidewater. To do it again, we need to take back the tidewater.

it's somewhat amazing to me that with the talent london has brought to va they can't beat a bad vt tech team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT