ADVERTISEMENT

(Because it's slow on here...) Predict the Order of the 2015 Schedule!

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
EDITED TO ADD: You're predicting the order/arrangement of the Tar Heels' 2015 schedule; you aren't predicting W/L's.

Have at it gents and ladies. The opponents are as follows, with all known dates listed:

South Carolina -- Thursday, Sept. 3 -- Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, N.C.
N.C. A&T -- Saturday, Sept. 12 -- Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Illinois -- Saturday, Sept. 19 -- Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Delaware -- Saturday, Sept. 26 -- Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.

ACC home games: Duke, Miami, Virginia, Wake Forest
ACC away games: Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech

Have at it...

A couple quick thoughts from yours truly:

- I like that we have a favorable -- but still challenging -- opening third of the season. SCar will obviously be an extremely tough game to win (don't buy into the "South Carolina is in decline" rhetoric....they still recruit like banshees and are loaded with SEC-caliber talent, regardless of question marks about who will start at QB). Illinois will also be challenging.....it looks like a tougher game than when it was scheduled. They've improved. But overall, a 3-1 start to the season is certainly not impossible.
- I like that we don't get into ACC play until Week 5. The Coastal is obviously the goal, which renders the OOC games "meaningless" while still exciting. Four games give the team time to gell and work out the kinks and (hopefully) be as good as possible heading into conference play.
- I don't like that we have to go to Atlanta and Blacksburg. It's not a surprise because you know the schedule alternates home and home each year, but it still kinda sucks to have both those games away in the same season because we really do not do well there.

This post was edited on 1/7 4:40 PM by TarHeelNation11

Re: (Because it's slow on here...) Predict the 2015 Schedule!

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
6-6.
Perhaps I should've been clearer. You're predicting the ORDER of the schedule. Not W/L's

L
W
W
L
W
L
L
W
L
W
L
W

Re: (Because it's slow on here...) Predict the 2015 Schedule!

6-6 or 7-5

it all depends on how they play though

15-0

USuCk - W
A&T - W
Ill - W
Dela - W
UVA - W
Wake - W
Pitt - W
GT - W
Mia - W
Va Tech - W
State - W
Dook - W

ACCCG vs Clemson - W

NC Semi Final vs Alabama - W
NC Final vs Ohio St. - W

Juuuuust kidding.

Well, by the looks of our OOC schedule, UNC should start off 3-1, so in order to facilitate the early season failures under Fedora, the ACC will start us out on the road at GT.

Honestly, the schedule looks really weak next year. Absolute zero excuse for winning less than 9 games. Of course that being said, UNC will got 7-5.

Originally posted by SeaHawk98:

Well, by the looks of our OOC schedule, UNC should start off 3-1, so in order to facilitate the early season failures under Fedora, the ACC will start us out on the road at GT.

Honestly, the schedule looks really weak next year. Absolute zero excuse for winning less than 9 games. Of course that being said, UNC will got 7-5.
Good call SeaHawk and I share a similar vision of our first ACC opponent. With our relatively easy OOC and the fact that we have three home games in a row, I fully expect one of three games to be our first ACC game:

- @ Georgia Tech
- @ Virginia Tech
- @ NC State

Well since no one wants to take a legit stab at this sumb*tch, allow me to take a crack at it........

nt. South Carolina (Thurs 9/3)
vs. N.C. A&T (9/12)
vs. Illinois (9/19)
vs. Delaware (9/26)
at Georgia Tech (10/3)
vs. Wake Forest (10/10)
BYE
at Pittsburgh (10/24)
vs Miami (10/31)
vs Duke (11/7)
at Virginia Tech (11/14)
vs Virginia (11/21)
at NC State (11/28)

Well since no one wants to take a legit stab at this sumb*tch, allow me to take a crack at it........

nt. South Carolina (Thurs 9/3)
vs. N.C. A&T (9/12)
vs. Illinois (9/19)
vs. Delaware (9/26)
at Georgia Tech (10/3)
vs. Wake Forest (10/10)
BYE
at Pittsburgh (10/24)
vs Miami (10/31)
vs Duke (11/7)
at Virginia Tech (11/14)
vs Virginia (11/21)
at NC State (11/28)
I kind of hope for that order. I didn't like UNC playing Duke and State back to back. Rivalries should be spread out.

EDITED TO ADD: You're predicting the order/arrangement of the Tar Heels' 2015 schedule; you aren't predicting W/L's.

Have at it gents and ladies. The opponents are as follows, with all known dates listed:

South Carolina -- Thursday, Sept. 3 -- Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, N.C.
N.C. A&T -- Saturday, Sept. 12 -- Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Illinois -- Saturday, Sept. 19 -- Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Delaware -- Saturday, Sept. 26 -- Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.

ACC home games: Duke, Miami, Virginia, Wake Forest
ACC away games: Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech

Have at it...

A couple quick thoughts from yours truly:

- I like that we have a favorable -- but still challenging -- opening third of the season. SCar will obviously be an extremely tough game to win (don't buy into the "South Carolina is in decline" rhetoric....they still recruit like banshees and are loaded with SEC-caliber talent, regardless of question marks about who will start at QB). Illinois will also be challenging.....it looks like a tougher game than when it was scheduled. They've improved. But overall, a 3-1 start to the season is certainly not impossible.
- I like that we don't get into ACC play until Week 5. The Coastal is obviously the goal, which renders the OOC games "meaningless" while still exciting. Four games give the team time to gell and work out the kinks and (hopefully) be as good as possible heading into conference play.
- I don't like that we have to go to Atlanta and Blacksburg. It's not a surprise because you know the schedule alternates home and home each year, but it still kinda sucks to have both those games away in the same season because we really do not do well there.

This post was edited on 1/7 4:40 PM by TarHeelNation11
S.C-I think this will be the best chance to beat the Cocks in a while, and I like the Chizik hire to help with the preparation for that game....Will be tough to corrale Pharoh Cooper who will likely be showcased a lot in this game, but a new QB, RB and several new OL, may help the Tarheels?....S.C.'s defense took a big step back last year, and I like the returning experience on the Tarheel offense, so I believe the Tarheels have a better than average shot in this game in Charlotte...1-0!

NC A&T-We better win this one..lol...2-0!

Illinois-Illini Coach Tim Beck is also reportedly on the Hot Seat, but we should win at home....3-0!

Delaware-The Blue Hens are generally one of the top 1AA schools year-in and year-out,, and cannot be taken too lightly, but again we should win....4-0!

Home games
-------------------
We should go either 4-0 or 3-1....We should of beat Miami a couple years ago at home, and got humiliated last year down in Coral Gables, so motivation should not be a problem for this game with the canes who have a new RB with Duke Johnson's departure...Duke game will only continue to get tougher because Cutcliffe is upgrading the talent with better recruits, but they too will have a new QB....We should not lose to either Virginia or Wake IMO, but we can't overlook either team....Best guess is that we lose to either Duke or Miami at home....So that's 7-1 & 3-1.....

Away Games
-------------------
The Tarheels lost to 3 out of those 4 teams last year, and Pittsburgh just hired one off the premier D-Coordinators in the Country, and return RB Connor who the Tarheels and a lot of teams, had trouble tackling last year....Narduzzi is from the youngstown Ohio area, so he will likely have a big impact on recruting, especially defensive players, so that game could be pretty tough in Pittsburgh....Georgia Tech is also starting to get the type of athelete that Paul Johnson needs to really make that system work, and it's been tough for the Tarheels to pick up a "W" in the ATL....I don't have any idea what happen to the Tarheels during the State game, but a beatdown like that doesn't really need a lot of Coach's speak prior to the game in Raleigh, next year?...Va. Tech was pretty tough last year at the beginning of the season when they beat the eventual National Champ at the Horseshoe....The Hokies will get an opportunity to hand the defending National Champs their first loss in Blacksburg in 2015, which should give us a clue to what lies ahead for the Tarheels matchup in Blacksburg with the Hokies?....At the moment it's hard to imagine the Tarheels finishing any better that 2-2 on the road in conference play, but hope I'm wrong?....

I would take 9-3 & 5-3 next year with the promise of even better things in 2016!

With the new staff additions, and the NCAA sanctions coming to an end...Hopefully, the gloomy recent past can be put behind the program, and the team can start to emerge as a future powerhouse that it has been perceived to be for a long time?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT