ADVERTISEMENT

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!

adampowell

Hall of Famer
Feb 14, 2006
I am posting this in regards to complaints from several of our subscribers about 'scam artists' coming to this forum and offering to sell tickets that either don't exist or are "fake" tickets.

Here are some good rules of thumb before sending money and/or agreeing to purchase tickets online through this forum.

1) NEVER give out financial information (account numbers, etc.) over the Internet. If someone agrees to sell you tickets, I would recommend setting up a PERSONAL meeting, or demanding the tickets up-front before submitting payment. Be VERY careful making wire payments through services like Western Union, as these processes are easier for scamsters to get away without being detected.

2) Follow the age-old mantra of safety in purchasing: Caveat Emptor. Let the Buyer Beware. If it seems too good to be true, either pricing or location of seats, it probably is. Practice vigilance and common sense before sending funds and/or agreeing to purchase tickets.

3) Let us know ASAP if you fall victim to a scam. We will BAN those usernames and passwords that are causing problems as quickly as possible.

4) I can't stress enough to practice good common sense in these transactions. Don't just send somebody you don't know money unless they can provide documented evidence of the tickets (such as personal photographs showing the location and price of the tickets), or unless you can set up a face-to-face meeting. I understand that 99.9 percent of all transactions on this forum go smoothly, but you have to practice vigilance on these 0.01 percent of transactions that turn out to be scams.

This board serves a good purpose for the fans, and we'd certainly hate to have to ELIMINATE this board, but if this scamming practice proliferates and becomes even bigger than it already has, we may have no other choice but to make this forum PREMIUM, or get rid of it altogether.

I would just like to add that if someone has their own tickets they are selling, you can ask them to send them to you first. If they don't recieve payment, they may re-order tickets through the ticket office and the old tickets barcode will be de-activated.

Therefore, with this in mind. There is virtually no reason to send money first when the seller has ZERO risk by going ahead and sending the tickets.

Guys, thanks for stepping up and warning users of this site. There is a guy who calls many posters who have left their phone numbers on here. His phone number is unavailable. There are numerous members of this board that have received calls from him and it is an absolute scam. Steer clear. Thanks to CB for issuing this warning.

Also, there is a guy in the Miami/Lauderdale/South Florida area that beat my buddy out of $1100.00...I wish "we" could get are hands on that SOB....I'm sorry for the harsh term girls & guys but it's how we feel.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT