ADVERTISEMENT

Bizarre bird behavior

heelmanwilm

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
Wilmington NC
So I’m waiting to meet my daughter in Starbucks parking lot. I see a crow eating pizza crust. He stops and calls out and several other crows join him. They all peck at the crusts for a while and get their fill and roost in a tree close by. Now comes the gulls. They descend upon the crusts in a flapping feathery chaotic frenzy screaming at each other. One tries to fly off with what’s left, has trouble gaining altitude, and gets hit by a car in the highway. So the gulls leave. Then one crow shows up with a stick and places it right where the crust was and they all fly off. So that’s my morning so far.

R.e7de9cf2e9d11cd274eab71f509442e6

So I’m waiting to meet my daughter in Starbucks parking lot. I see a crow eating pizza crust. He stops and calls out and several other crows join him. They all peck at the crusts for a while and get their fill and roost in a tree close by. Now comes the gulls. They descend upon the crusts in a flapping feathery chaotic frenzy screaming at each other. One tries to fly off with what’s left, has trouble gaining altitude, and gets hit by a car in the highway. So the gulls leave. Then one crow shows up with a stick and places it right where the crust was and they all fly off. So that’s my morning so far.
I wonder if the gulls will sea to it to charge the crows with - murder.

(I’ll show myself out)

this is a great story. I love crows because they are way smarter than your average birdbrain (I would put them just below ******* and a good number of notches above pr***es), and they are just cool. Love hearing their calls, either the northern kind (caw, caw) or the southern kind (UN uh). And gulls are just nasty and obnoxious and should be restricted to your neck of the woods, but the obnoxious bastards are all the way up here in Raleigh.

I hope that car didn't get scuffed, but if it did, it should serve as a badge of honor..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT