ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba Wallace & NooseGate

bleeduncblue

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
so this moron (and the cancel culture folks advising him) failed to realize that there are noose-style pull ropes on every single garage throughout Nascar. or maybe they just hoped that no one else would point that out. the guy cant drive a nail through hot butter, but he's smart enough to know when it's time to cash in! he'll have a Nike contract within the next 6 months.

disclaimer: my uncle has worked in Nascar for 25 years ... has worked on Harvick's team for the last decade. he's had a front row seat to all of this and sent me several pictures of garage's with the exact same type of pull rope.

Reactions: Old_School59
When you have to search this hard to find something racist we don't have a racism problem, we have a culture problem!

I work in the racing world at the local and regional level and while racing is a white dominated sport it isn't a racist culture. The community is very purest culture, kind of like the baseball purest that don't like inter league play or adding the DH in the NL. They don't like change thats why the removing of the flag was such a big deal. It was started in the south and it was like a flag of the sport and nothing to do with the war, slaves or anything like that.

Bubba has been in Nascar for nearly 15 years and was raised in Alabama he has never said a word about the flag you can't go a mile in Alabama without seeing one and you can't not see a confederate flag at Talladega. Petty hasn't been relevant in Nascar for years and Bubba has never been relevant in Nascar, and Nascar as a whole hasn't been relevant since Dale Sr. Died! I'm sure Bubba was forced into this sudden outrage over race in a sport that he ONLY got to be a part of because of Nascar's drive for diversity program.

This is just the world we live in now!

One of the biggest cheers at Bristol last night was when the 43 went to the wall. Just saying bring attention to yourself in the way that was done. Don't expect to be a fan favorite. I agree with someone above. Nascar died when Earnhardt died at Daytona..

Reactions: osjr
One of the biggest cheers at Bristol last night was when the 43 went to the wall. Just saying bring attention to yourself in the way that was done. Don't expect to be a fan favorite. I agree with someone above. Nascar died when Earnhardt died at Daytona..
Pretty sad tho. 43 was racing history before NASCAR was an acronym.

A noose would be just about the dumbest knot to use for a pull handle! First it is designed to tighten if you pull the loop so it would squeeze the hand. 2nd it takes 10 steps and a long time to tie it. 3rd it is illegal in many jurisdictions to display a noose. 4th there are around 6 other easier, more effective, and legal knots you could use. 5th you have to be a moron not to know how offensive that would be to many peeps! And it was the only one found in any garage the surveyed but carry on!

Reactions: heelmanwilm
A noose would be just about the dumbest knot to use for a pull handle! First it is designed to tighten if you pull the loop so it would squeeze the hand. 2nd it takes 10 steps and a long time to tie it. 3rd it is illegal in many jurisdictions to display a noose. 4th there are around 6 other easier, more effective, and legal knots you could use. 5th you have to be a moron not to know how offensive that would be to many peeps! And it was the only one found in any garage the surveyed but carry on!

but was it a noose or was it noose-style? The loop was apparently there for a long time, since sometime before Bubba took that space. If it was a noose, I don't know how it would have maintained the loop, being designed to tighten as you say. To pull down a heavy door, something that allows a finger or hand-hold is more comfortable and effective than gripping a strand of rope with a hard overhand knot in it. Something like this maybe...

https://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/non-slip-loop-knot

My son races Bandolero cars at Charlotte Motor speedway way and for the summer shootout on Monday and Tuesday night we rent garage stalls for use during the entire series so we have the same stall every race. All the stalls have regular ropes and some had knots in the end and some didn't but no nose style knots, but this week when we got there they had changed them all out to a flat nylon style pull handle that kind of looked like ratchet strap type pull!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT