ADVERTISEMENT

Cadeau Attacking More of Late

I also noticed that a lot of his layup "misses" were because he was fouled pretty hard. Some were not called, but many were. Since he is so good at getting to the rim and drawing contact, I would rather him spend more time getting his freethrow % up than his 3 pt %! In any case. this kid has an unusually steep learning curve!

I also noticed that a lot of his layup "misses" were because he was fouled pretty hard. Some were not called, but many were. Since he is so good at getting to the rim and drawing contact, I would rather him spend more time getting his freethrow % up than his 3 pt %! In any case. this kid has an unusually steep learning curve!
Yeah, that is why you have seen me be so un-concerned about his shooting treys, treys have never been his game (see my disclaimer). His game is attacking the paint and with his combination of hand quickness and under appreciated athletism, he is able to drive the paint even without a screen set. He has the ability to change his dribble so darn quick, to change speeds and direction and his dribble is just so low (again hand speed). When he gets down hill and he can change his dribble so quickly that it is almost un-guardable.

Basketball 101 is you attack pressure but a great ball handling guard doesn't just attack pressure, he attacks space as well and the kid is a masterful ball handler.

His vision allows him to see the openings, and he is having good success on those drives.
More versatility- drives with his left hand, pull-ups in the lane, and a consistent three pointer-
(33 percent at this point in time would be satisfactory), and at least 70% from the line would
really make us very difficult to beat.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Cadeau has that second gear which reminds me of Lawson. I have noticed when he does drive it is always right never to his left…
He and RJ have just been getting a lot of lanes from our designed actions to their right hands. And yes, EC indeed has another gear, not to mention "street" handles that Ty could only imagine

Cadeau has that second gear which reminds me of Lawson. I have noticed when he does drive it is always right never to his left…
I have noticed that he seems to finish more often with his right hand, even if he is on the left side of the basket when he gets resistance at the rim. He has in several games, think he did against Wake drive his defender and end up with a easy finish with his left hand coming off a screen action. He does seem to prefer his right hand if he is not coming off a screen.

Love me some Ty, but neither EC or Ty have reached Phil Ford level! (Full disclaimer: The PF in my handle stands for Phil Ford!) To replace the icon, one must be as important to the team AND the program as he was! DES, MJ, Phil Ford in that order are the foundation of UNC!

Love me some Ty, but neither EC or Ty have reached Phil Ford level! (Full disclaimer: The PF in my handle stands for Phil Ford!) To replace the icon, one must be as important to the team AND the program as he was! DES, MJ, Phil Ford in that order are the foundation of UNC!
I don't think there will ever be another Phil Ford for UNC. I understand folks looking at TY as feeling he had to be the bar, you kinda had to enjoy the time Phil spent as our PG, the way the game was played over all was much less friendly to scorers. I can appreciate folks that believe Cadeau will end up the bar, it is similar to the way I see Charlie Scott or the NY boys, I know they were special, I can watch videos of them but it isn't the same as being there as a fan at the time they actually played. It is like the difference between a black and white photo and color. As Jamey Johnson put it, "you shoulda seen it in color"!

End of the day we as UNC fans have been blessed with great PG….Yes Ty Lawson is my favorite…Not saying he is the best…I will say this put Ty in the 70s with no shot clock and running the 4 corners…Also put Phil Ford with Roy and 2009 team…

End of the day we as UNC fans have been blessed with great PG….Yes Ty Lawson is my favorite…Not saying he is the best…I will say this put Ty in the 70s with no shot clock and running the 4 corners…Also put Phil Ford with Roy and 2009 team…
I dislike questions like this, not because they are asked or posters having their opinion, what I hate about it is that we can never know, no matter how much we would all love to be able to see them both playing in their prime. It is akin to asking what numbers MJ could put up in todays game and know that you can never really know or the infamous question of who really is the GOAT. So what we are left with is opinions by different generations and those opinions being based on what they saw as opposed to what they just heard about or saw in limited videos. It is an itch that just can never be scratched like you want it to be! LOL

Back to the title of this thread, Cadeau attacking more, YES, attacking, that is what I want my Heels to do on offense, be in attack mode constantly, don't take the blows but deliver them! Last season felt like a season of our being more prey that predictor that allowed the "soft" tag to be put on them and stick. FYI, I have a similar concern about our football team. It is simple, you either attack or you will be attacked. This current basketball team knows how to attack and is pretty darn good at it.

I have watched all three, PF, TY, and EC play in person at UNC!

BUT I hate these questions too, because Family has to somehow rank the ones we love! It is like asking parents to put on record which child they like better!

EC is our next great PG in a line of greatness unmatched at any U! Now that he is playing so down hill and peeps around him have learned (for the most part) to always be ready, he is swiftly rising to the top of the game! Peeps have to gameplan for him and RJ now, but somehow can't forget Bacot, Ingram, Ryan, Seth, Withers, Washington, etc! Oh, and on the other end, they face one of (if not the best) defensive teams in UNC history for the last 10 games! What a freaking headache!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT