ADVERTISEMENT

Cal saying 2016 could be his strongest recruiting class

I love the national narrative of how many kids cal gets into the League. Getting there is def great. Staying and being very productive/all stars is totally different. Anthony Davis is a superstar after that not so sure. Harrison twins were busts considering the rep they came with. Dakari Johnson won't get off the bench. Towns does not have an alpha dog personality but time will tell. Now he's trumpeting Marcus lee and Alex polythress along with his new guards and skal. The media just eats it up and feeds it. Why are his statements about 2016 recruits even a story??

I love the national narrative of how many kids cal gets into the League. Getting there is def great. Staying and being very productive/all stars is totally different. Anthony Davis is a superstar after that not so sure. Harrison twins were busts considering the rep they came with. Dakari Johnson won't get off the bench. Towns does not have an alpha dog personality but time will tell. Now he's trumpeting Marcus lee and Alex polythress along with his new guards and skal. The media just eats it up and feeds it. Why are his statements about 2016 recruits even a story??

You're right on Davis, maybe right on the twins and Johnson. Towns will be a star, Booker and Lyes will be very good...........BTW, have you heard about Walls, Bledsoe, Knight or Cousins? all max contracts or close

You're right on Davis, maybe right on the twins and Johnson. Towns will be a star, Booker and Lyes will be very good...........BTW, have you heard about Walls, Bledsoe, Knight or Cousins? all max contracts or close

Will Townes be a star or will it be his invisible friend that he talks to? Dude is strange, really strange...

Seriously, extremely talented but questions have begun if he really has the love for the game that he will need to be a next level guy.

Just my opinion, Towns will do very well.........allstar???????????
Agree, a little on the odd (or fun) side. But, the guy has multi skills.....doesn't mean instant success.
Lyles could be the best of that group........but, Towns being #1 pick says somebody cares.

Your right I did leave out cousins and wall. But I wouldn't look at max contracts as a measure of success totally. The nba routinely overpays for players especially ones on marginal teams like Bledsoe and knight. Who are very good but would any of these kids would have been drafted highly had they not gone to Kentucky. I mean I think Kentucky had a program before cal got there. Heck wall makes the same as the Jackson kid with the Pistons who just got a max deal. My point cal doesn't get kids to the league any better than a lot of other coaches. Just my thoughts......

Cal doesn't get kids to the league, their talent does it for them.
Over the last 6 yrs Cal has successfully recruited top talent and statistically speaking, the top 20 or so kids in every HS class have a much more than reasonable chance of getting to the league and thriving.

I guess if a kid is an all star is part of the formula? Lots of good players in the league but few downright formidable players like Lebron, Durant, Davis, Paul, Curry and for a center I'd pick Cousins as his numbers are really looking good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT