ADVERTISEMENT

Can you say OOPS and muttpacker in the same sentence?

I'm sure Dan Kane and the Ruse & Disturber are all over this - and rightfully so!!
wink.r191677.gif

1). I'm not going to give ANY Triangle news outlets (except the Durham Herald-Sun) clicks because they all suck. Can someone give me a brief synopsis of the article?

2). Let me make my position on this clear: I'm not in favor of any schools receiving NCAA penalties. I just want to see the games played; I honestly don't give a crap what happens off the field. HOWEVER, I will make an exception in this case and certainly won't mind seeing the Wuffies have to backpedal and re-assess just how perfectly moral their athletics programs are.

In a nutshell.....

The FBI is going after Eric Leak, wuffpacker former player, for big time Medicaid Fraud. Warrants have been issued. The FBI found he had funneled monies from one shady business to another that was associated with Sports Agency. He was the guy that State found had given money to CJ Leslie and another mutt player and was given one of their "disassociation letters". After receiving that punishment (?), cars registered to his wife were ticketed on State's CAMPUS twice in 2013.

In the days just after Leslie used up his eligibility, Leaks company gave $10K for a down payment on a Porsche and a couple of weeks gave him the remainder of the loan for the $137K car loan.

Funny...Bowser Yowser said she was on top of Leak's schemes and banned him from campus and would report to law enforcement any further contact with mutt players...I guess she overlooked the traffic tickets because they never reported Leak again.

Originally posted by NENCHeel:

In a nutshell.....

The FBI is going after Eric Leak, wuffpacker former player, for big time Medicaid Fraud. Warrants have been issued. The FBI found he had funneled monies from one shady business to another that was associated with Sports Agency. He was the guy that State found had given money to CJ Leslie and another mutt player and was given one of their "disassociation letters". After receiving that punishment (?), cars registered to his wife were ticketed on State's CAMPUS twice in 2013.

In the days just after Leslie used up his eligibility, Leaks company gave $10K for a down payment on a Porsche and a couple of weeks gave him the remainder of the loan for the $137K car loan.

Funny...Bowser Yowser said she was on top of Leak's schemes and banned him from campus and would report to law enforcement any further contact with mutt players...I guess she overlooked the traffic tickets because they never reported Leak again.
Thank you sir. Unless more is found, I won't hold my breath on anything coming out of it. I mean, it's not against the rules for his company to give Leslie money after his eligibility is up.

Maybe there's some fire to go along with the smoke, but I don't really care either way. I just want to beat Moo ON the court. That will hurt them way worse than if we go all "PackPride Sleuths" on them.

Point being he paid Leslie WHILE Leslie was playing for the Mutts. He completed the transaction after Leslie graduated apparently. The FBI will not rest at finding one car....they will pursue the case until every cent is accounted for. Chances are if he paid TWO players he also paid others.

NENC's summary overlooked one critical detail mentioned in the synopsis - Leak was originally suspended from contact with NCS athletics in Oct 2011 after admitting cash payments to Leslie and another BBall player. Leslie played for 2 more seasons after Oct 2011. Was he suspended for "X" number of games as a result of the school's self reporting with the NCAA, and thereby eligible after that - or was the NCAA even notified?

Thanks 6666.....the devil IS in the details. And lets not forget the FBI is one of the most thorough investigative bodies in the world. They'll devour every trace of cash or check the Leaks ever saw looking for the paper trail.

The fact is if they look at this with any detail they will find this guy paying guys left and right including Leslie, Tracy Smith and David Amerson. Of course, the N & O will not look at it, but with the FBI involved, State fans should be sweating.

I'm not sure there is much to this, but whatever is there will come out if the Fibbies are involved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT