ADVERTISEMENT

Can't believe no team has signed Tyler yet.

Every team could use Tyler, if nothing else he is going to push the starters during practice and ruff up any player on the opposing team. Sure he will have a job when training camp begins.

Really wish he could get picked up by the Spurs or Trail Blazers. ....two teams that actually play team ball in the NBA. Tyler will never be a faetured piece.....but can definitely bring the toughness.

GO HEELS! !!!

Tim

I can believe it. His rebounding numbers just aren't good enough, despite his physicality. Plus his game was digressing as a whole in Indiana before going to Toronto. The main reason though, that teams really feel that they have no reason for him, is those rebounding numbers, and he's been in the league 6 years now, turns 30 this season, so development kind of seems like a lost cause.

I can believe it. His rebounding numbers just aren't good enough, despite his physicality. Plus his game was digressing as a whole in Indiana before going to Toronto. The main reason though, that teams really feel that they have no reason for him, is those rebounding numbers, and he's been in the league 6 years now, turns 30 this season, so development kind of seems like a lost cause.

You mean "regressing", but I digress.

His career per 36 minute rebounding average is 9.8. I've never read anything that speaks to an inability to rebound.

Here's an article written at the beginning of the month discussing Tyler's value. Some pretty good stats that illustrate his abilities.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/7/6/8896609/nba-free-agency-2015-toronto-raptors-tyler-hansbrough

Look, I know Tyler will never be an All-Star. He's not that gifted. But when he gets time on the court, he can produce. His second year in Indiana, he averaged 11 and 5 in 22 mpg for a .500 ball club (7 double doubles in only 29 starts). So it's not like he's a buster. He's just not been utilized correctly.

His career per 36 minute rebounding average is 9.8. I've never read anything that speaks to an inability to rebound.

Here's an article written at the beginning of the month discussing Tyler's value. Some pretty good stats that illustrate his abilities.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/7/6/8896609/nba-free-agency-2015-toronto-raptors-tyler-hansbrough

Look, I know Tyler will never be an All-Star. He's not that gifted. But when he gets time on the court, he can produce. His second year in Indiana, he averaged 11 and 5 in 22 mpg for a .500 ball club (7 double doubles in only 29 starts). So it's not like he's a buster. He's just not been utilized correctly.

Spot on Slinger! There is definitely a place in the NBA for a guy with Tyler's combination of skills and tenacity. Love the fact he's coming back to Carolina!!!!!!

His stock plummeted in the pacers playoff games his final season there. He was getting abused defensively and looked really bad trying to create shots. When they started posting pacers' stats with and without hans on the floor i knew he was doomed and sure enough he was gone that offseason and has never been the same since.

I don't remember what you're talking about but I'm betting the Pacers troubles weren't solely attributed to Tyler. If they were counting on Tyler to "create shots", then they were behind the 8 ball to begin with.

Hansbrough is an energy guy, a rebounder, a much improved defender and a low post workhorse that needs a few touches per half and can draw fouls like nobody's business. It's shocking that NBA coaches struggle to find the right way to use him.

I don't remember what you're talking about but I'm betting the Pacers troubles weren't solely attributed to Tyler. If they were counting on Tyler to "create shots", then they were behind the 8 ball to begin with.

Hansbrough is an energy guy, a rebounder, a much improved defender and a low post workhorse that needs a few touches per half and can draw fouls like nobody's business. It's shocking that NBA coaches struggle to find the right way to use him.

No he wasnt the only prob. But he was a hi draft pick and a starter that disappeared in the playoffs and becsme a def liability and the pacers unloaded him because of that. I love hans but i said here his game would not translate into success in the nba and it hasnt.

While at Carolina he should have put more work into his outside shot. A player his size cannot back down NBA players. K might have given him more freedom to step out and put up buckets.

While at Carolina he should have put more work into his outside shot. A player his size cannot back down NBA players. K might have given him more freedom to step out and put up buckets.

^ Since he was not a good shooter coming into college it is possible that "K"ay would not even have started Tyler (imo). With that said I would think that the difference between the two schools on the court has been stated well enough to satisfy me...

Wow. If there were awards for trolling comments this would at least be a finalist.

I can get more stimulating comments from my lower orifice after a Mexican food bender.

I will always root for this guy. He gave us 4 years of the hardest working basketball I've ever seen. He's gotten the absolute most out of himself and he deserves a long NBA career.

No he wasnt the only prob. But he was a hi draft pick and a starter that disappeared in the playoffs and becsme a def liability and the pacers unloaded him because of that. I love hans but i said here his game would not translate into success in the nba and it hasnt.
While I am not going to try and sell anyone the idea of Tyler being a top player at his position, success is measured differently by everyone. He is still making an awesome living playing the game he loves to play. And if he continues to do so would you not find that successful? He certainly deserves to be in the league.

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
While I am not going to try and sell anyone the idea of Tyler being a top player at his position, success is measured differently by everyone. He is still making an awesome living playing the game he loves to play. And if he continues to do so would you not find that successful? He certainly deserves to be in the league.

Oh i would love to have his success for sure. I'm just saying the pacers, as with any team, draft a player that high with the expectation that the player will produce more than hans was able to.

Oh i would love to have his success for sure. I'm just saying the pacers, as with any team, draft a player that high with the expectation that the player will produce more than hans was able to.

I'm not sure that's true. Every draft is different. Cowherd was talking about this a couple weeks ago. He believes that GMs see only the top 10 players in any draft as impact players. Of course there are outliers, but for the most part, I agree. It's no often that you draft a guy in the late 20s and he goes on to have a HOF career. Top 10 guys are top 10 guys for a reason - they have the best chance at making an impact on the league. The rest; they're guys you hope can fill a role.

But had he played for K, he would have been 0-4 at home against his rival and left without a national championship.

he probably will have made in excess of twenty million dollars before his career is over. if that is failure sign me up

he probably will have made in excess of twenty million dollars before his career is over. if that is failure sign me up

Yea thats why i said "oh i would love to have his success for sure". Jicymi

And i NEVER said he was a failure. For chrissakes u guys wanna stomp your feet and stick out your lip at the least little bit of criticism. I guarantee u hans would be the FIRST to say he wanted his game to be at a higher level at this point in his career. The pacers pulled their offer to hans and signed chris copeland instead. No i've never heard of him either.

Hans will always be one of my fav unc players regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT