ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina next recruiting class....

Personally, I don't get the vibe that we're going to land Giles or Smith. I don't have the inside track some of you have here, but from what I've been reading/following it just doesn't seem like UNC is "leading" for those guys.

It's clear as day our recruiting has been affected by the NCAA's presence. And i have a feeling that's not going to change immediately in the 2016 class. Sanctions or not. To counteract this, I've been on the record saying that we should go after a strong alternative class to keep us afloat. Meaning names that everyone aren't high on. Then, knock it out of the park in 2017. We already have a sold start with one 5* in Jalek Felton, as well as a shot with Matt Coleman, another 5* who seems to like us a lot. Who knows who else we could land by the time the NCAA issues are done with.

In that "strong alternative class", I'd say that should be players similar to Bradley, Adebayo, Rowan, etc. this gives us a year to rebuild after a great year and a strong NCAA Tourney run (This year obviously ;)). Not saying to neglect top recruits as well, but it's going to be tough to make up a lot of the ground the NCAA took.

A solid 2016 and a Stellar 2017 could lead us right back to the tourney, so long as we return some key Cogs each year.

JMHO.

Reactions: EazyEd5
As far as 2016, I'm just hoping that we can get one or two (at least) of the nine guys who currently have offers, most notably a big man. If I had to guess, I would say we probably have the best shot with Seventh.

Then I think we have a good shot at Matt Coleman to go with Jalek for 2017.

Most needed: Giles, Bam, and/or Bradley. In an ideal world we get two of them plus Dennis Smith. I wish I had a better feeling about this scenario playing out..

I heard NC state recently offered 4* point guard jaylen fisher so maybe they aren't in as good of shape with Dennis Smith Jr. as people (probably just the state fans) have been saying

It's a different triangle school I'm worried about for him. And not that it matters but it seems like the recent buzz for some of these guys has been

Bam likes state for some reason
Dennis smith jr and Tatum like dook
Giles likes wake, but also wants to play with ^

I would like to hear what other people think in regards to these four guys and any insight on the other 2016 guys, who I don't know as much about.

I don't expect to sign another of those monster classes until ncaa cloud is lifted. With recruiting so competitive and the big name schools so comparable in what they have (facilities, tv exposure, etc) unless a kid has wanted to wear Carolina blue since birth Roy remains at a major disadvantage. The main question is whether there will be closure on the investigation before those guys start committing. Now if the Heels get some timely good news I could see UNC getting a dominant class in 2016 just not sure if time is on our side.

...The main question is whether there will be closure on the investigation before those guys start committing. Now if the Heels get some timely good news I could see UNC getting a dominant class in 2016 just not sure if time is on our side.

some people within the ncaa who can expedite or delay the process are clearly not on our side. the question is why? i would love to see a lawsuit with an in-depth investigation of the ncaa. who are these folks and why have they scapegoated unc while giving other schools a blind eye or preferential treatment? (i suspect dook connections).

Bam and Bradley are ours to lose right now.

I'm not counting on Giles, Smith, or Seventh.

I feel good about the following:

Bam
Bradley
Woods

The ones listed below are obviously big time players that we're recruiting and all of them have said that UNC is one of their finalist. But like others have stated, I'm not sure we're able to pull any of the big boys in unless the NCAA stuff gets resolved. But if it gets resolved soon and if the penalties don't call for future postseason bans, then we are in very good shape with these guys.

Giles
Smith
Tatum
Simmons

I feel good about the following:

Bam
Bradley
Woods

The ones listed below are obviously big time players that we're recruiting and all of them have said that UNC is one of their finalist. But like others have stated, I'm not sure we're able to pull any of the big boys in unless the NCAA stuff gets resolved. But if it gets resolved soon and if the penalties don't call for future postseason bans, then we are in very good shape with these guys.

Giles
Smith
Tatum
Simmons

Wainstein much?

I hope those who say Bam is ours to lose are right. I just got a bad feeling on moo and him and cannot for the life of me figure why either he or Smith would want to play there after the things that came out in reference to Warren and his dad's displeasure with the coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT