ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Wake gamethread

But sneaking into a bowl at 6-6 is hardly worth it. What the team needs to do is win out. That is possible. At least beat Moo and get to 7 wins.
That is doable. They have Pitt's number all the time, too.

Mack can beat in-state rivals. I don't wanna get too excited, but 8-4 is possible.

These kids are getting better by playing the best teams. Storm Duck is back!

I hope Sam is 100% on Thursday!

My YouTube tv recording stopped at tied game, 9 min left, Vohasek batting it down on 4th & 2.

_!#$$*#++-&$@/

Someone send me a copy of the 4th!

I think I'm going to the game. We are 2-0 and beat the spread in games I've attended this year. Obviously that means you should bet the house on us winning.
Can I buy you a ticket to the moo game? :D

ETA: I wouldn't want to encourage a Tar Heel fan to watch a game at that cow pasture. I did it once, and NEVER again. NEVER!

Last edited:
I'm just happy we won. If we would have lost after sitting in the cold, I might have gotten arrested for attempted murder. The win means I'm not upset that I'm still trying to thaw out.

How cold was it???
Started out in the low 40s and ended up in the upper 40s I think. The good news was it was overcast, so you couldn't get any warmth from the sun. And to make it better, my oldest child was really cold, so I gave her my jacket. Nothing says warm like standing in 40 degree weather without a jacket.

• Wow
Reactions: strummingram
Started out in the low 40s and ended up in the upper 40s I think. The good news was it was overcast, so you couldn't get any warmth from the sun. And to make it better, my oldest child was really cold, so I gave her my jacket. Nothing says warm like standing in 40 degree weather without a jacket.
Oh, wow. I had no idea it was that cold up there. Well, I guess it was worth it after all. No storming the field to warm-up?

how crazy is this in the last two games vs wake...

2020: trailed 45-24; outscored them 35-8; won 59-53
2021: trailed 45-27; outscored them 31-10; won 58-55
Imagine being a WF fan and seeing those stats! I mean, really... I was sure it was over. And, I still say that the squib kick-off after that last Chandler TD made no sense. If the KO had been done right, I'm not sure that WF even scores the TD at the end.

After the mike campanaro type of spoilers they've played on us, it feels nice to be the ones to ruin their undefeated season.

"Good to great" errrr good to mostly good.

if... IF... IF

we knock of Pitt; they still have UVA to play so a possible loss there
It would take a lot of games going our way, but the coastal could end up with about 4 teams tied at 5-3, including us if we beat pitt and moo.

ok; I should probably stop drinking now :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I am surprised that after all of the criticism that the offensive line has received this season that nobody gave them any love ❤️ or praise after time after time they opened up giant holes for Chandler and Howell…

I am surprised that after all of the criticism that the offensive line has received this season that nobody gave them any love ❤️ or praise after time after time they opened up giant holes for Chandler and Howell…
The run blocking is sometimes very good, and overall has been pretty good. Ty was a beast today, and Sam helps the rushing numbers look better for sure. But the pass protection is consistently bad.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I don't think Sam and Chandler having to break tackles proves the line was opening up holes. I will say they played better than normal.

Oh, wow. I had no idea it was that cold up there. Well, I guess it was worth it after all. No storming the field to warm-up?
LOL. No storming for me. It's kinda embarrassing that anyone did that for wake. Doesn't matter what they were ranked.

I don't think Sam and Chandler having to break tackles proves the line was opening up holes. I will say they played better than normal.
They did. But as you say, Chandler ran today like a beast. He seemed to see the field thoroughly and have a burst to get to open field. It was a poor man's version of what Carter and Williams did all last season. Chandler running so well with Howell meant the Wake D run defense was going to take blows.

If the OL played all games as it did today, the complaint would be restricted to very inconsistent, at times poor, pass blocking.

If you are going to get those double digit regular season wins, you require a consistently good OL.

LOL. No storming for me. It's kinda embarrassing that anyone did that for wake. Doesn't matter what they were ranked.
I always support storming courts and fields! It shows great enthusiasm and a collective joy and celebration. I wouldn't care if they did it for every home win!

Reactions: blazers
I always support storming courts and fields! It shows great enthusiasm and a collective joy and celebration. I wouldn't care if they did it for every home win!
I heard one football crowd does it every game*; can't recall the team but it was a well known p5 school. Yeah, they're college kids... have some fun.

*I assume every WIN that is.

Reactions: strummingram
Some great plays, but pretty consistent inconsistency. I think some prob is talent, some is gelling/communication ( coaching t this point). Way too much negative yardage and backfield blowups to call this unit a strength.

Honestly seeing some of the gaffs contrasted w huge run plays makes me feel like longo is making chicken salad out of shit.

Some great plays, but pretty consistent inconsistency. I think some prob is talent, some is gelling/communication ( coaching t this point). Way too much negative yardage and backfield blowups to call this unit a strength.

Honestly seeing some of the gaffs contrasted w huge run plays makes me feel like longo is making chicken salad out of shit.
If the play calling today was chicken salad, then it was sitting on the heater and a month past expiration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT