ADVERTISEMENT

"ceiling is the roof" on tunnel at kenan

blazers

Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2001

Is this starting to get weird? I love it being on t-shirts, but being on the tunnel seems kinda corny. Corny can't hurt I guess, but it just kinda seems weird. Just me?

Is this starting to get weird? I love it being on t-shirts, but being on the tunnel seems kinda corny. Corny can't hurt I guess, but it just kinda seems weird. Just me?
It is a Michael Jordan version of a Yogi Berra saying. But most of Yogi's seem to make more sense when you pul them out and roll your mind over them.

I think we are doing it because Jordan is one of ours and to Hell with the rest of you who want to make fun of it.

Comparing that intoxicated mumbling and rumbling to a Berra quote is a bit of a stretch.

No, it's a hell of s strerch, but to hell with how the majority of others saw it and heard it.

If you think about it, in the context of the G.O.A.T and how he feels about Carolina, I get it. For basketball at Carolina, greatness is defined by your jersey being honored in the rafters. The ceiling is the roof, i.e., your greatness can only be defined by you and what you do to accomplish getting to those rafters. And, there are not a lot of rafters that compare to the Smith Center and who is honored.

MJ is my Generations Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle...Play hard and Party Hard...Yet he still performed on game day..Same way I feel every AM when I wake up at 5 to go into work after a night of drinking....

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
God I have to say that looks stupid as hell over the tunnel.

Might as well admit that you're going no higher then an 8 ft ceiling, if ya do it's just to the roof.

As spoken by a drunk ex basketball player.

Why not?

Or y'all could actually think logically and realize Kenan Stadium DOESNT HAVE A ROOF.

Therefore the potential of the football team is limitless.

Last edited:
If you think about it, in the context of the G.O.A.T and how he feels about Carolina, I get it. For basketball at Carolina, greatness is defined by your jersey being honored in the rafters. The ceiling is the roof, i.e., your greatness can only be defined by you and what you do to accomplish getting to those rafters. And, there are not a lot of rafters that compare to the Smith Center and who is honored.
I haven't seen this theory yet - and I love it.

Reactions: uncboy10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT