ADVERTISEMENT

Chances of the Heels getting at least a top 5 Recruiting class...

Well I hope you are right .We are STILL fighting major headwinds that are obvious. Will they die soon??? Who knows...................

I have faith in Roy and him getting it done.

I don't have faith in the NCAA letting us off completely free, however.

Can you name 1 player that UNC is leading for? I think until this NCAA thing is cleared up it's hard to see UNC landing a top 5 class.

Can you name 1 player that UNC is leading for?

Leading for a player is worlds apart from actually landing that player. Roy has pulled off some major steals over the years while also losing his fair share.

The fact that he's aggressively visiting, hosting and offering recruits while casting a wide net seems to say he's not concerned about the future of the program.

What do the recruits think? Who the hell knows, they're 16-18yrs old! Have you asked any? Are you privy to insight/knowledge/facts/quotes from recruits? If so, here's a forum for you to share and everyone here would welcome factual input.

this pharm guy is a dookie d bag who shows his lack of education and inability to spell properly

Please continue to cover up the Lance Thomas $70k scam.... you phony

Reactions: heelmanwilm
What recruiting service had UNC in their top 5 last year? I know they're not in the top 35 of Rivals ratings! If you're honest about it you'll have to admit coach K has been wearing Roy out. By last year I'm speaking of the kids who are currently arriving on campus, not the kids the previous year Jackson, Pinson and Berry.

What recruiting service had UNC in their top 5 last year? I know they're not in the top 35 of Rivals ratings! If you're honest about it you'll have to admit coach K has been wearing Roy out. By last year I'm speaking of the kids who are currently arriving on campus, not the kids the previous year Jackson, Pinson and Berry.

Not our fault your don't know the difference between this year and last year. It's still 2015, how is the current class that hasn't played a minute classified as last years class?

Just answering the OP's question. Being honest. I think that until the NCAA has ruled there is no way UNC will end up with a top 5 class. I think the local kids will end up at Duke, Kansas or UK.

Just answering the OP's question. Being honest. I think that until the NCAA has ruled there is no way UNC will end up with a top 5 class. I think the local kids will end up at Duke, Kansas or UK.

And we just proved u wrong. We have had a top 5 class while waiting for a ruling. Any more theories?

Sorry, but this is just another futile thread. Until this mess with the NCAA is finalized, our chances of landing a Top 20 class are slim to none!

Can you name 1 player that UNC is leading for? I think until this NCAA thing is cleared up it's hard to see UNC landing a top 5 class.

Bam, Tony Bradley, and I'd have to call us the front runners for Sacha at this point.

I'm a Duke alum/fan but unlike some of us, I don't despise UNC. I save that for UK.

I don't know if this impacts UNC's recruiting - especially potential OAD's - but I see on this board quite a bit of deference to experience starting/playing over raw talent. Just as one example, quite a few UNC fans were questioning if Ingram would start if he came to UNC. That surprised me as Ingram's considered a high-level lottery pick who quite possibly would be the best player on UNC (as well as Duke).

Am I misreading the experience vs. talent factor at play with Coach Roy?

I'm a Duke alum/fan but unlike some of us, I don't despise UNC. I save that for UK.

I don't know if this impacts UNC's recruiting - especially potential OAD's - but I see on this board quite a bit of deference to experience starting/playing over raw talent. Just as one example, quite a few UNC fans were questioning if Ingram would start if he came to UNC. That surprised me as Ingram's considered a high-level lottery pick who quite possibly would be the best player on UNC (as well as Duke).

Am I misreading the experience vs. talent factor at play with Coach Roy?

I think a lot of posters fall in love with certain guys they've seen play for UNC already. A few guys were talking about Ingram being behind Pinson if he came to UNC which is just absurd. Barnes and Hansborough started from day 1 so it's not like Roy is opposed to it. I think some posters here may just be.

I, for one, was in the opinion that if Ingram came to UNC he'd start and we'd just move Paige to PG and Berry to the bench. You don't sit guys like Ingram.

Bam, Tony Bradley, and I'd have to call us the front runners for Sacha at this point.
moo listed as frontrunner for Bam on 247 (53-47) and dook and UK are starting to recruit Tony Bradley. You think there might be some negative recruiting going on. UK also listed as frontrunner for Sacha.

moo listed as frontrunner for Bam on 247 (53-47) and dook and UK are starting to recruit Tony Bradley. You think there might be some negative recruiting going on.

Please don't tell me you're referring to 247 crystal ball as your source.

Please don't tell me you're referring to 247 crystal ball as your source.
247 crystal ball is from a variety of pickers. So to answer your ? yes. and your source?

Oh ....for the record I much prefer that you are right. I just don't have a good feeling.

Last edited:
247 crystal ball is from a variety of pickers. So to answer your ? yes. and your source?

Oh ....for the record I much prefer that you are right. I just don't have a good feeling.
247 mud ball - I've not kept stats but a blindfold shot at a dartboard from the other side of the bar after a dozen beers seems more accurate.

I Just can't believe we can't get a kid like HG anymore!!! He just looks like a unc kid. That Kid(IMO) may be the best I've seen come out in 15-20 years! He's in high school right here in our state and we can't land him! He just looks like the recruit that we use to always get that's a head turner. He has a chance(Good Chance) to be a real superstar at the next level! ..and instead of him always being a Tar Heel and being in the UNC family and always coming back to Chapel Hill in the summer, etc. ...we're gonna lose him and he'll never be a Tar Heel. WHY? That Kid will be on the same level talent wise and "standout wise" as a James Worthy, Vince Carter, Sam Perkins, MJ, etc.. The Kid is special. Why doesn't he want us??? why don't many of the top guys want us anymore? AND PLEASE DONT SAY IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE MESS THAT'S BEEN GOING ON!!! WE STARTED LOSING GUYS BEFORE ALL THAT CAME OUT! IT STARTED TO HAPPEN A LITTLE BIT TO US A YEAR OR 2 BEFORE THE SCANDAL HIT IMHO!

WE NEED TO BE THE HOT PLACE TO GO AGAIN. WE NEED SOMEBODY IN OUR CORNER ON THE RECRUITING TRAIL THAT IS CONNECTED!! ....THAT IS COOL AND HIP, ETC... HIP WITH THE YOUNG CROWD! WE NEED SOME OF THE DEAD WEIGHT GONE!! -THE OLD OUT DATED ASSISTANT COACHES THAT DON'T RELATE TO THE YOUNG, HIP, COOL KIDS OF TODAY!!! Hubert is fine, BUT the rest need to bow out and be replaced with coaches who kids think are cool and hip and they can relate to!!!!!!!

If this was 10-20 years ago we would never have James, or Vince or MJ, or Tyler, or Sam, or Ty,etc. -(if it was like this back then)

We are losing Carolina players to other teams. I mean if you think about it there are about 5 solid recent past Kentucky players that we should of had and now those guys will never be Heels. There are many top dogs the last several years that should of worn a unc jersey but they went to Kentucky or other schools instead, and now they'll always be in their basketball families. We're missing out on our legacy players that we could look back on in a decade and see them as Tar heels like we do with MJ, Vince, HB, Tyler, Sam, James, etc... Our future basketball HOF'ers are just going to other schools now!! ... And the next top 5 all time greats in the class of 2016 will be going to other schools too! BULLSHIT!!!!!

I agree with you Archer, I don't feel good at all about us landing a top 5 class. We'll will get more than we did this last class and we will be fine but I'm not very confident about us getting these North Carolina boys I had hoped we would get. I sure hope I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT