ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Williams Says No....

I mean...what else is he going to say? I think we got very lucky with what this could have been but I won't believe it until the NCAA says it so.

Reactions: dbav
I mean...what else is he going to say? I think we got very lucky with what this could have been but I won't believe it until the NCAA says it so.

Agreed. Roy can say whatever he wants to say but that doesn't make it true. Until the NCAA closes the book on this, there's always the possibility.

I don't think Roy would outright lie to a recruit. I think he would only say what he believes. Though it doesn't make him right.

I don't think Roy would outright lie to a recruit. I think he would only say what he believes. Though it doesn't make him right.

Right. I didn't mean to insinuate that he's lying. He's hopeful. Is there some solid info behind it? Maybe. But again, I'm not taking anything to the bank until the NCAA is done with it.

Not sure what you mean by "lucky". The fact is there was nothing there that the NCAA could legitimately punish men's basketball for... and if they try to do that it would be an unprecedented case of overreach (not that they can be trusted, but still...)
1. The men's program had nothing to do with the establishment or administration of the AFAM classes (unlike say, UGA under Harrick)
2. Unlike women's hoops, players weren't systematically directed into AFAM classes nor was there any coordination with the rogue dept secretary
3. Players did the work required (such as it was) and no tutor was writing papers for them (unlike say, Syracuse). Thus no ineligible players were used, meaning no games will be forfeited.

Sounds to me like Roy is getting more aggressive and speaking the truth... as well he should.

Most of the NOA was complete NCAA bull and would not hold up in a court of law, so they can do what they want. Lawyers will have a field day with the NCAA because it is a complete joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT