ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Cowherd leaving ESPN

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
And I'm depressed about it. I know many hate the guy and would prefer to hear Stephen A. Smith misuse words and yell and scream about everything, but Colin was probably the smartest guy they had employed at ESPN. The dude is brilliant from a common sense standpoint. I've been listening to Colin since he came on radio in 2003 and I can say that he never said something just because somebody wanted to hear it. He offended many. But he was an equal opportunist. He had his favorites - the USC football dynasty, the Patriots Dynasty, and a few others. But he knew he was biased and would at times call himself out for it. And there were some guys that he relentlessly went after - Kobe, John Wall, eSports and anything Philadelphia. But for the most part, he would go after just about anyone - including the brass at ESPN.

He's rumored to be looking at a deal with Fox Sports. Here's to hoping he gets something on TV.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/16/colin-cowherd-leaving-espn-whats-next/

Reactions: uncboy10
Gonna miss the Herd on ESPN . . I'm actually a fan of his, yes, he is brash, so what IMO.

I never liked him. Thought he was a dick and was wrong on a lot of stuff but I never heard him admit that. He did help make Michelle Beadle famous so that's one good thing.

Anyone notice the trend? Everyone is leaving ESPN. That ship is slowly start to sink.

Also, LOLOL people still use the DSPN crap? Criminy.

ETA: Also, Cowherd is brilliant. If you disagree, you're wrong ;)

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Anyone notice the trend? Everyone is leaving ESPN. That ship is slowly start to sink.

Also, LOLOL people still use the DSPN crap? Criminy.

ETA: Also, Cowherd is brilliant. If you disagree, you're wrong ;)

I'll call it anything I choose.

I liked him for the most part but thought he was generally full of it. He often took a position just to rile people up, which was entertaining IMO but was tiresome at times. Regardless, in general I liked him. I would enjoy seeing him and Clay Travis work together at Fox though.

i will miss him during football season...i also missed him doing sportsnation, which i don't watch anymore.

but espn as a whole is terrible...other than pti, i can't think of one show that i watch anymore.

College GameDay?
rarely

I usually DVR the games I want to watch and start them after they're about half-way over. I skip all the commercials and blathering halftime BS and can watch the entire game in about 1:15 - 1:30. It works great during NFL games, as I can hit the 15 second fast forward button to skip huddles as well. However, this strategy doesn't work with the Heels hurry-up offense (I end up skipping a whole play).

Reactions: Grayhead
Cowherd: Don't care

ESPN: 99% of viewing is live sporting events, and the other 1% is College Game Day in the background when I'm doing things around the house instead of traveling to Kenan.

Cowherd: Don't care

ESPN: 99% of viewing is live sporting events, and the other 1% is College Game Day in the background when I'm doing things around the house instead of traveling to Kenan.

Cowherd is fine, but not good enough that I actually care.

ESPN keeps getting worse. Their coverage of the Open was awful.

Cowherd is fine, but not good enough that I actually care.

ESPN keeps getting worse. Their coverage of the Open was awful.

i like azinger...he's the best any network has...not only is he right, but he makes it easier for the non-golfer to understand the game, the mindset of a golfer, and how to grind through a round...wish he could work for all the networks and be the ryder cup captain.

i also appreciate shot tracer, especially at an open where we see no targets.

i like azinger...he's the best any network has...not only is he right, but he makes it easier for the non-golfer to understand the game, the mindset of a golfer, and how to grind through a round...wish he could work for all the networks and be the ryder cup captain.

i also appreciate shot tracer, especially at an open where we see no targets.

I appreciate the shot tracer and Azinger is great when talking about what's going on during live action. However ESPN shows too many fluff pieces, and I'm not just talking about constant coverage of Mickelson. Those human interest stories are boring. Just show us the guys who are in contention or are hot. It's not difficult.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT