ADVERTISEMENT

Country Trivia Logic Puzzle

TarHeelNation11

Hall of Famer
Mar 9, 2007
Lowell, NC
LINK HERE

Phew, this one took me a hot second to complete. I love these types of logic puzzles on Sporcle. It's fun to slowly solve the puzzle, clue by clue.

I used Wikipedia for sure on this one to check things like population, spelling, stuff like that, and I also had to consult a map a few times. But I don't consider that "cheating" because you have to follow the clues yourself, regardless of the information you gather; in other words, the goal for me was to solve the puzzle without guessing, not "learn" trivial. You'll understand what I mean when you do the quiz.

A couple hints:
- if you're brainstorming on a clue, hit the pause button while you think. The puzzle will disappear until you click play, but at least the clock will stop since you only have 20:00
- when I got down to like 5 minutes left, I took a picture of the spaces I had completed so far, clicked the "give up" button (don't worry, it won't show you the right answers), then restarted the quiz and manually filled back in the spaces I had gotten, so that I had a fresh 20:00 clock to work with.
- "adjacent" means touching in any direction, top, bottom, side, or diagonal
- no need to guess. I completed it without guessing

Good luck! Great way to kill some time on a hot, boring Friday at work.

I love geography quizzes. Sporcle is a great time waster.

Okay, I don't get it. Apparently some incorrect guesses mean you lose the game?
I typed "United States" into each box in column C before it finally appeared in the last row. But then when I try to type "Australia" in any box in column B, it says I'm wrong and the game ends.
Does that just mean my response isn't the correct answer for any of the boxes in column B?

I love geography quizzes. Sporcle is a great time waster.

Okay, I don't get it. Apparently some incorrect guesses mean you lose the game?
I typed "United States" into each box in column C before it finally appeared in the last row. But then when I try to type "Australia" in any box in column B, it says I'm wrong and the game ends.
Does that just mean my response isn't the correct answer for any of the boxes in column B?
You're not doing it right......lol. Follow the clues. Each answer has one and only one correct space it goes in.

And you don't need to blindly guess. Each answer can be figured out using the clues. Thus the "logic" portion of it :p

^ I'll give you a freebie. Read the first clue carefully.....

-C1 has to be a country more populous than any on its row.
-India is the only one on that row.
-What country is more populous than India?

When you enter that answer, another clue will be divulged.

I call bull. With only one square showing, you get this clue:

"Each country in column C is the most populated in its row and on its continent."

That doesn't allow you do logically deduce the answer to any of the specific cells in column C. You could guess the populated country on each continent, but you don't know on which row that guess belongs.

^ I'll give you a freebie. Read the first clue carefully.....

-C1 has to be a country more populous than any on its row.
-India is the only one on that row.
-What country is more populous than India?

When you enter that answer, another clue will be divulged.
Oh. :oops:

So the name inside the stars is the answer to that cell? Duh. It would be helpful if that appeared on a line by itself, and the clue started on the row below it. I'll try again.

Oh. :oops:

So the name inside the stars is the answer to that cell? Duh. It would be helpful if that appeared on a line by itself, and the clue started on the row below it. I'll try again.
Yeah, the correct country appears with an asterisk on either side. Then the subsequent wordage is the clue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT