ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Drop: ACC Vindication!

FOUL teams from the ACC making it in to the Sweet 16, YEP, I agree, doesn't get much more FOUL than the stank coming off State and the dukies! LOL

I have screamed this ALL season, the ACC is being under valued nationally and it isn't right. Your pod is spot on AJ, I agree, Pitt would very likely still be playing had they been invited, BC was playing really well to end the season. Wake did drop a lot of tough games but so did MSU in the Big 10 and yet MSU is respected and Wake isn't, what did Miami do last season, how much did Pack getting hurt effect their NCAAT ability? We get 5 teams in to the NCAAT and 4 of them are now in the sweet 16, how about those teams from those so called more powerful conferences, the SEC, the BIg10, the what ever you call the league Kansas is in?

In the national sports media there seems to be this need to PUSH the SEC and the Big 10, to prop them up while lessening the ACC, it plays in to the restructuring of the NCAA, to the building of 2 super conferences, To drain off the great programs in ACC in all sports and bring them in to the super conference fold. FSU is undefeated in football and is not in the football play offs and now the NCAAT basketball ACC snubs?

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
It is kinda funny IMHO. How did the media turn on the ACC so quickly, well with the exception of dook. This morning, JWill and Seth were foaming at the mouth about dook's dominance yesterday and their brotherhood with JWill sporting the dook jacket, gag me! UNC is consistently undervalued and under appreciated, but I think Coach Davis and the team feeds off that, heck I saw this am on the ESPN predictometer that Alabama is nearly a 60% favorite to beat UNC on Thursday.

FOUL teams from the ACC making it in to the Sweet 16, YEP, I agree, doesn't get much more FOUL than the stank coming off State and the dukies! LOL

I have screamed this ALL season, the ACC is being under valued nationally and it isn't right. Your pod is spot on AJ, I agree, Pitt would very likely still be playing had they been invited, BC was playing really well to end the season. Wake did drop a lot of tough games but so did MSU in the Big 10 and yet MSU is respected and Wake isn't, what did Miami do last season, how much did Pack getting hurt effect their NCAAT ability? We get 5 teams in to the NCAAT and 4 of them are now in the sweet 16, how about those teams from those so called more powerful conferences, the SEC, the BIg10, the what ever you call the league Kansas is in?

In the national sports media there seems to be this need to PUSH the SEC and the Big 10, to prop them up while lessening the ACC, it plays in to the restructuring of the NCAA, to the building of 2 super conferences, To drain off the great programs in ACC in all sports and bring them in to the super conference fold. FSU is undefeated in football and is not in the football play offs and now the NCAAT basketball ACC snubs?

Nice catch. Home for 36 hours before heading to LA. That might not be the only typo as I sprint through stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: DSouthr
Nice catch. Home for 36 hours before heading to LA. That might not be the only typo as I sprint through stuff.
sure it wasn't a Freudian slip? I guess not. Then again, you're a WF fan I think. Hmmm.

I kid, I kid
440714-1680797225474.gif

Last edited:
sure it wasn't a Freudian slip? I guess not. Then again, you're a WF fan I think. Hmmm.

I kid, I kid
440714-1680797225474.gif

I'm a Wake fan? How on earth did you come up with that?

And for the record, I'm a Baltimore Orioles fan. That's the only sports team I root for. I do like the ACC doing well, though.

Reactions: heelbent
I'm a Wake fan? How on earth did you come up with that?

And for the record, I'm a Baltimore Orioles fan. That's the only sports team I root for. I do like the ACC doing well, though.
So then you are not a UNC fan?

I could have sworn you told some time ago, that you were going to be splitting time between sites. I must be thinking about someone else though. Did you have a predecessor here that I might be thinking of?

Big oops. Sorry about that. I've almost stopped drinking. Maybe that was a mistake.

So then you are not a UNC fan?

I could have sworn you told some time ago, that you were going to be splitting time between sites. I must be thinking about someone else though. Did you have a predecessor here that I might be thinking of?

Big oops. Sorry about that. I've almost stopped drinking. Maybe that was a mistake.

Definitely someone else. I don't think you can properly cover a team if you're a fan. I grew up a UNC and ACC fan. My dad lettered in two sports at UNC, but when I got into this business I junked all fandom. That's why I stopped covering baseball after 17 Orioles games. I wanted to keep them as my team, so no MLB media for me in 27 years.

And no worries. I also have no idea who you might be talking about.

Reactions: bluetoe
I have lots to offer the board with unreported info. Just can’t share if you haven’t paid my monthly bill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT