ADVERTISEMENT

David Teel on Louisville radio

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
from the Pitt board

Teel is as connected and in the know as anybody covering the ACC. The Pitt poster gives a summation so you don't have to listen to the whole interview, but the link to it is there if you want to.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Good find, Woad. You have a knack for finding good stuff in all corners of the Internet.
Teel is as connected and in the know as anybody covering the ACC.
Absolutely. For anyone on Twitter, I highly encourage you follow David Teel. He is one of the more thoughtful and thorough sports writers you'll find out there. I think he could easily be a writer with a national organization, but he seems content writing for a paper in the Tidewater. His coverage skews towards UVA and VT, naturally, but he's dialed into the entire ACC.
The Pitt poster gives a summation so you don't have to listen to the whole interview, but the link to it is there if you want to.
That was nice of him to type up a summary. I'm really excited about an ACC Network but patient enough to wait. Like Swofford said, the conference is in a much better position than it was a few years ago. National titles in football, men's basketball, and baseball in the last two years, plus the conference as a whole has been playing well in all three sports.

I also agree with the comment that the Network's goal shouldn't be to "beat" the SEC and B1G. That's just unreasonable for the many reasons that have been discussed before. The ACC is simply built differently, with far fewer state schools and several small, private schools.

Good find, Woad. You have a knack for finding good stuff in all corners of the Internet.Absolutely. For anyone on Twitter, I highly encourage you follow David Teel. He is one of the more thoughtful and thorough sports writers you'll find out there. I think he could easily be a writer with a national organization, but he seems content writing for a paper in the Tidewater. His coverage skews towards UVA and VT, naturally, but he's dialed into the entire ACC.
That was nice of him to type up a summary. I'm really excited about an ACC Network but patient enough to wait. Like Swofford said, the conference is in a much better position than it was a few years ago. National titles in football, men's basketball, and baseball in the last two years, plus the conference as a whole has been playing well in all three sports.

I also agree with the comment that the Network's goal shouldn't be to "beat" the SEC and B1G. That's just unreasonable for the many reasons that have been discussed before. The ACC is simply built differently, with far fewer state schools and several small, private schools.

I think the ACCN will stress lacrosse, soccer, and women's sports more than the SEC or BT networks. Most of the ACC Bigwigs want those sports on TV much more. They would take less money to get more exposure for those sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT