ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Thoughts

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
You know how when you buy a new electronic item, it often has that thin cellophane covering that you simply peel off? I wish life had that.

Please share some of your own deep thoughts.

Every week, when our boss gathers us around the conference room table, he always asks the same question: "What would you guys like to talk about?"

And I always have the same silent reply: "Diarrhea."

Why is it that when you try to have an intelligent conversation with someone and the person you're speaking to, clearly either (a) unknowledgeable of the topic at hand, (b) uncaring of the topic at hand, or (c) it just wrong and doesn't want to admit it... Why is it that said-person resorts to childish gibberish as a response to your logically valid argument?

My follow-up question is this: In the above paragraph, there is no intelligent response to this behavior...and thus, the childish response is the "last word" of the argument. Does this mean I have lost the argument? I'm legitimately dumbfounded by this phenomenon.

PS - this example is NOT a reference to my spouse. Repeat this 10 times to self in effort to convince myself this statement is true. :)

Reactions: Raising Heel
Every week I call my idiot staff into a staff meeting. And being the thoughtful boss that I am, I often ask them what they would like to talk about. And there's this one guy - a real boob - who just sits there with this disturbing look on his face. I'd love to know what he's thinking. And he smells.

Reactions: Blue2010
I prefer to have turkey sausage. What is the big deal about bacon???? I grew up eating it, but liked patty sausage better.

Coolwater...........

You sound like my family, because I don't eat bacon much, they all say that I'm adopted. LOL....

I hit the like button.
It may have been a premature "like" because here's the kicker.....It's from:
waffle-house.gif

Reactions: coolwaterunc
You want a deep thought . . . go to Google and check it out
I love Waffle House mainly because of the hash browns. It's GSD who is anti-American.

Yeah . . . what's up with all his anti-American stuff . . ? I've never really understood that . .

THN11 loves Waffle House so much he decided to have his wedding reception there. Go Braves, right?

Picture2.jpg

I've always wondered why they now call used cars "Pre-owned." If they're going to do that, I think they should also call new cars "Pre-owned." In all actuality, the new ones are owned by the auto manufacturer before anyone buys them and drives them off the car lot for the first time. Two categories - Pre-owned used cars and Pre-owned new cars..... On second thought, I think I'll just stick with new cars and used cars.

There's my shallow deep thought for the day.

If the human mind were simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple-minded to understand it.

When you are arguing against God you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all.

ADVERTISEMENT