ADVERTISEMENT

DL - age and size

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
We know our DL will be young and inexperienced. For example, of the 6 expected 1st-3rd team DTs, only 1 is a senior, and none are juniors. 1 is a 3rd year sophomore, and 1 is a true soph. 2 are reshirt frosh, and 1 a true frosh.

That is a group in diapers. And as - short of injuries - the lone senior will almost certainly finish his career as either the least impressive, or next to least, of the six, the youth is even more glaring.

But the good thing, especially for 2016, is that our young DL talent is already bigger than maybe any of us hoped for this season. Here is the roster.

Jeremiah Clarke (49) is up to 315. That size with his background - we could see a young DT who is at least as good as Jones was last year.

Powell, a true soph, is listed at 290. This is only the sencod year he has played at a heavy weight because of wrestling.

Equally important tp our DL is that Dalton is listed as 280. Right there could be All-ACC fresh DE who as a soph could be 1st team All ACC.

I agree we need more beef up the middle-teams have gashed us there, and if you cannot stop runs there then teams are also more effective on the perimeter. Crawford is intriguing, Clark and Dalton should be good players but Crawford has that build we need to have a true disruptive most tackle,

Sorry I meant nose tackle. The problem of course is he is just a freshman. I have heard on Twitter though that he's killing it in the weight room, so hopefully can contribute early

ADVERTISEMENT