ADVERTISEMENT

Do you still wear your UNC colors in public !

shun1

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
You better bet your DONKEY that shun 1 does. I make it a very big issue to wear everything I can to let the world know that I LOVE CAROLINA AND SUPPORT CAROLINA DURING THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD TIMES. Anybody that has a issue with it can KISS MY D O N K E Y!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY WILLIAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Christmas, my wife and I are shopping in Opry Mills Mall down in Nashville, TN. Of course I was wearing my North Carolina sweatshirt when two sales managers decided to have a conversation with me. One guy tried to be a smartarse and yell North Carolina across the store. He never saw it coming. Basically shut him down when he mentioned he was a Vols fan. The other guy was extremely nice and was a UK fan.

I told both of them that mistakes were made by the chair of the department but it wasn't an AD sourced problem. That they need to research it themselves and not take talk radio, papers, mags, etc as the gospel. If they do so, they will not be in such a shock when all the dust settles.

God Bless all of you that have responded to this thread. You have put a big smile on shun1's face.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you people go that you have run-ins with vocal rival fans that chastise you? That's so bizarre to me. Frankly, if a stranger were to chastise me regarding UNC because they saw me wearing a logoed golf shirt, that person is too immature for me to bother acknowledging.

Of course I still wear my Carolina apparel. The notion that I wouldn't is absurd. No offense to the op.

Where do you people go that you have run-ins with vocal rival fans that chastise you? That's so bizarre to me. Frankly, if a stranger were to chastise me regarding UNC because they saw me wearing a logoed golf shirt, that person is too immature for me to bother acknowledging.

Of course I still wear my Carolina apparel. The notion that I wouldn't is absurd. No offense to the op.
Well gunslingerdick I love your SPIRIT! I don't know where you live. Here around Dunn, N.C. their is a lot of hatred shown toward UNC. Thank you for showing your SPIRIT for UNC!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Absolutely! I have a couple of Carolina Blue blazers, a tie with the interlocking NC all over it, various Tar Heel sweatshirts, tees and even Carolina Blue sneakers. I wear often, with pride.

You better bet your DONKEY that shun 1 does. I make it a very big issue to wear everything I can to let the world know that I LOVE CAROLINA AND SUPPORT CAROLINA DURING THE GOOD TIMES AND THE BAD TIMES. Anybody that has a issue with it can KISS MY D O N K E Y!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY WILLIAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bet your sweet petunia I do!!! Anyone who dares comment to my face gets shut down with extreme prejudice! I am a very proud supporter of the Tar Heels, Roy and our current administration.

Heels are Family!

Some of you have asked why do I ask such a question? With all the do-do being thrown at our beloved university. I thought it would be nice to create a SPIRIT filled thread about our UNC TAR HEELS. FEEL THE SPIRIT my brother and sisters of tarheelillustrated.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely!!!!! My wife always jokes with me if I have anything but UNC stuff in my wardrobe

I wear UNC stuff all the time all over the place. Never had anyone say anything to me. And also, I live on a cul-de-sac with several state fans and we are all friendly. Not one of them has ever said anything to me about Carolina either, but I also don't say anything about Moo. What's the point in going there?

I unfortunately have to frequent two places with rabid Wolfpecker fans. One a feed & seed (no, kidding) that my wife's cousin owns. Everyone that works there is either a State grad or fan and are obnoxious as crap. The other is the company that does my companies billboards and I have no choice but to deal with them. They are not as obnoxious but still try to get a dig in whenever possible.

Yes, I DO still wear my UNC stuff all the time. Do I even think twice about it?

Well, let me put it this way. As I type, I have one of MANY UNC cups along with my die-hard, you-can't-buy-them-anymore Thermos plastic mug that I got at the UNC/Tejas game many moons ago sitting on my desk for the world to see. (I have had that dang mug for almost 20 years now and I consume coffee in it every single day) I have an autographed picture of Phil Ford driving up the court hanging on my wall, again for everyone to see. My 1984 Ford F150 is Carolina Blue and parked right alongside a newer model Chevy pickup with a moo license plate on the front. (I have to force myself not to bang my door on it every time I park beside them!)

I DO NOT own a single article of clothing that even comes close to being dook blue and the ONLY two shirts I have that are red are a Baptist Men's Disaster Relief t-shirt I bought in Gulfport, MS on a missions trip after Katrina (It was the ONLY color shirt left in my size) and a freebly golf shirt I got for participating in a golf tournament. On the flip side I cannot count how many articles of UNC clothing I have, including the Carolina Blue shirt I have on right now. Even if I WAS ashamed to wear my UNC stuff, I don't have enough of anything else to avoid it.

To say I give a damn about hearing about the "scandal" or whether some jackass NJ transplant dook homer or some moo loving toilet plunger carrying inbreed will poke fun at me for wearing my UNC stuff is laughable. I could care less because no matter what happens to UNC because of the "scandal", I KNOW that being a UNC fan has given me more years of unbridled joy than those idiots will experience in a lifetime. And W/R/T moo fans, even in our worst years we are still better than them. Case in point, we didn't even make the postseason in baseball this year but got to witness the most epic meltdown, come-from-behind loss in recent college baseball memory happen to those chronically suck-filled bufoons in Rawlee.

Yes, even in our darkest hour, being a UNC fan is still better than being them!

To say I give a damn about hearing about the "scandal" or whether some jackass NJ transplant dook homer or some moo loving toilet plunger carrying inbreed will poke fun at me for wearing my UNC stuff is laughable. I could care less because no matter what happens to UNC because of the "scandal", I KNOW that being a UNC fan has given me more years of unbridled joy than those idiots will experience in a lifetime. And W/R/T moo fans, even in our worst years we are still better than them. Case in point, we didn't even make the postseason in baseball this year but got to witness the most epic meltdown, come-from-behind loss in recent college baseball memory happen to those chronically suck-filled bufoons in Rawlee.

e31.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT