ADVERTISEMENT

Dook flips out!

Did they forget about the pig pipe on OUR court after that punk Rivers beat us on a last second prayer??? Typical whining from the biggest bunch of phonies in sports...carrying on thatVader tradition.

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...

Legitimately one of the funniest things I've seen. Sports needs to return to players despising opponents and opponent's fans more. It's more fun that way.

Also, college basketball needs to get rid of the handshake line to increase the chances of funny stuff like this happening more.

Loved Hinson's trolling. Loved the student section flipping the bird back at him. Loved it all.

This brings me healing.

Unrelated... Shout out to Marshall Henderson

Reactions: bluetoe
Gonna put this here so there’s not another dook thread. How in the world are they still looking to add to the 2024 class? Either a case of over recruiting or they know/expect a mass exodus at the end of the season. Either way did I say screw dook before? If not screw dook

Funny, I have not seen any discussion of this or the Jay Williams comment about transferring to UNC on their board. Their team fully healthy still scares me but I am hoping the locker room issues some friends have mentioned are true.

Gonna put this here so there’s not another dook thread. How in the world are they still looking to add to the 2024 class? Either a case of over recruiting or they know/expect a mass exodus at the end of the season. Either way did I say screw dook before? If not screw dook
I just hate that the top-ranked player in the class and likely no. 1 pick was basically a Dookie in the womb. But oh well, problem for next year - and hopefully we'll keep Cadeau with the other bosses we have coming in. Yes screw em.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
puke over recruiting....sounds right
another #1 recruit getting his arse handed to him by the Tar Heels...sounds right
locker room issues in the Semesterhood.....sounds right

GDTBATH....dadgum straight!
Just curios but what are their locker room issues??

Just curios but what are their locker room issues??

Not sure how accurate, but these are a couple of the things I've heard.

Not getting the total NIL money they were promised, and jealousy over some getting more than others.
Not enough balls to go around, some of them thought they were going to play a whole lot more than they are.

Funny, I have not seen any discussion of this or the Jay Williams comment about transferring to UNC on their board. Their team fully healthy still scares me but I am hoping the locker room issues some friends have mentioned are true.
They have locker room issues since kay sold what little soul he had to AAU runners, street agents and NIKE.

not sure what specifically you are referring to, but there is such a thing as securing recruits just to keep anyone else from having them. Once they are brought on board, the competition for playing time that they provide is a good thing for the team if not for the player. And then there is now the portal escape hatch.

Here's to wishing much exiting portal traffic on the dookies.

OK so TL;DR alert! LOL

Duke has a problem of their own making, they sold out to the 1&D plan many years ago. When the 1&D deal came to college basketball, as you may recall, Ky and Kal dominated the top recruiting classes every year. The message was come play for me and I will not try to talk you in to a second season, go to the NBA, I will be there in the green room with you! In fact, go tell your 5 star buddies as well, oh by the way, don't open this sack until I leave OK, just know I have more sacks with your name on them! Kal was loading up on 5 stars and duke and UNC were not. K wanted more fire power so he elected to do what Kal was doing at Ky he sold out to the 1&D notion, Roy did not.

Now when you sell out to the 1&D deal you MUST play the freshmen right away, you must turn over the keys to the car to them day 1, while your more experienced guys take a back seat and you must CYOA so that a money trail can not be led back to you. IN short order success breads success, K was winning a LOT of games, won a natty starting 3 future NBA freshmen, all the sudden year on year K and Kal are splitting up the top 10 players in any recruiting class, like you would pick sides in pick up. Now what they lacked by not winning nattys with all that talent they made up for by winning a lot of games and being the love child of ESPN.

That was all well and good for them UNTIL the portal became reality. Other coaches discovered that they could as well win big going to the portal and getting very experienced talented players that could stand toe to toe and beat dukes freshmen 5 stars. The difference went from potential talent to experienced developed players, things started sputtering a little bit in Lexington and durham. Wait, I can't offer this big time kid in the portal because I already have a 5 star coming in at his position? LOL And of course when you bring in those balley hooed 5 star guys they need to play like 5 star guys, a miss can kill ya! K saw the writing on the wall, he got out, he left Scheyer well stocked with talent and recruits that were pretty much wrapped up for the next couple classes and fortunately Scheyer has the Boozer kids as strong legacy recruits.

But all the sudden duke does not have the recruiting pop it had when K was there. Sheyer does not have the gravitas to look a 5 star kid in the eye and demand he do as he is told like K did with his I coached the Dream Team line. Hey, good luck coaching a team of 5 star egos Scheyer cause ya gonna need it! LOL I think you will see a gradual decline in the recruited talent level in durham because Scheyer is not K nor Kal. That is especially a problem for Scheyer because his mentor went away years ago from developing players to just being able to out talent opponents and that is all Scheyer was exposed to. Point being, he just was not prepared for the way the game is played now, it is a rebuild thru the portal world right now more than a 5 star freshman world. What Hubert is doing is the best plan, get solid recruits that fit your team and hit the portal for immediate needs. Hubert is bringing in guys that fit not just guys with stars beside their name and we are beginning to see the pay off of that, FYI, so are duke and Ky fans! LOL !

NBC use to open up their Saturday afternoon sports programming with this famous sports quote: The Thrill of victory and the agony of defeat and that pretty much says it all…
As I remember when they mentioned the agony they showed the ski jumper falling off the ramp. Those were the good old days.

They have something going on…Hopefully they just fade away and the program turns to deleted…Fine by me…

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: heelbent
As I remember when they mentioned the agony they showed the ski jumper falling off the ramp. Those were the good old days.
I used to think they said 'the agony of da feet', and I thought maybe their shoes were too tight.

No, I didn't really think that at all. I just always wanted to make that stupid little joke. Scratch another one from the bucket list.

• Haha
I agree wholeheartedly. Those were the days when the broadcast of a sports event or program was supported by advertising. Now the games themselves are tools used to support commercial interests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT