ADVERTISEMENT

Duke's FT in their 5 title games Vs their opponents

Sep 14, 2013
Let's overlook that Duke even got to the 1991 title game off of a hilariously awful touch call to let Laettner shoot two game-winning free throws and focus on the title games.

Duke- 28
KU- 8
+20

Duke-22
Mich-12
+10

Duke-22
AZ-19
+3

Duke 16
Butler-18

Duke 20
Wisc 10
+10

Huge differences in three of those. That combines for

Duke 108
Opp- 67

Who cares? Seriously. We weren't involved in any of those games. And to play DA, let's look at our diff in ours..

MSU - 29
UNC - 40
+11

Ill - 6
UNC - 19
+13

Mich - 7
UNC - 23
+16

GTown - 9
UNC - 22
+11

Seriously. You're complaining? We average 12.75 more per game and Duke averages only 8.2 more.

Who cares? Seriously. We weren't involved in any of those games. And to play DA, let's look at our diff in ours..

MSU - 29
UNC - 40
+11

Ill - 6
UNC - 19
+13

Mich - 7
UNC - 23
+16

GTown - 9
UNC - 22
+11

Seriously. You're complaining? We average 12.75 more per game and Duke averages only 8.2 more.
Well then ya'll must have been cheating like us!

MSU - 29
UNC - 40
+11

Ill - 6
UNC - 19
+13

Mich - 7
UNC - 23
+16

GTown - 9
UNC - 22
+11

I knew this was coming once I read the first dumb post.

Better teams get to the free throw line more. Not rocket science.

Reactions: dbav and Skeelow22

MSU - 29
UNC - 40
+11

Ill - 6
UNC - 19
+13

Mich - 7
UNC - 23
+16

GTown - 9
UNC - 22
+11

---
Well, there is a fundamental difference. We don't play karate defense.
dook does, and fouls regularly and purposely as part of their defensive strategy. In fact, fouling and getting away with it is the core concept of K's defense... always has been. That's not partisanship --- that's fact.
If they want to play that way, well, that's their prerogative... all I ask is that they get called for their fouls fairly. The idea of them going to the line more than opponents is an indictment in and of itself.

---
dook does, and fouls regularly and purposely as part of their defensive strategy. In fact, fouling and getting away with it is the core concept of K's defense... always has been. That's not partisanship --- that's fact.
If they want to play that way, well, that's their prerogative... all I ask is that they get called for their fouls fairly. The idea of them going to the line more than opponents is an indictment in and of itself.

This is just dumb. Stop making our fans look like a bunch of whiners that think our team plays "the right way" and Duke plays the wrong way. It just isn't true.

They were outstanding defensively at the end of this year.

Some of our fans frustrate me with the stuff they complain about with Duke. It's a great rivalry between two great teams. Leave it at that.

I completely agree. The only thing that ruins this great rivalry is their douchebag fanbase. If not for them, I wouldn't have any reason whatsoever to dislike duke. But their fans,...by and large, just all around lousy people.

+ What are the numbers in Duke's 6 national title losses, or the 5 times Duke lost in the Semis of the final four? I mean -- seriously -- if you actually look at those numbers, they basically show no real FT differential in 2 of the wins and a +10 in a game against Michigan that Duke won by 20. And that even ignores the fact that all of these margins are partially skewed by the fact that Duke obviously had the lead in their national title wins, and took a number of FTs when being intentionally fouled by the opposition. In that KU game, for instance, I think Duke shot 10-12 of those FTs in the last few minutes when KU started trapping / fouling out of desperation when trying to make up a pretty sizeable margin.

I completely agree. The only thing that ruins this great rivalry is their douchebag fanbase. If not for them, I wouldn't have any reason whatsoever to dislike duke. But their fans,...by and large, just all around lousy people.
Heard the following quote once:

"I've never met a dook fan --- alumnus -- who I didn't like. I've never met a dook fan --- non-alumnus --- who I did."

It's overgeneralizing, but....

This is just dumb. Stop making our fans look like a bunch of whiners that think our team plays "the right way" and Duke plays the wrong way. It just isn't true.

They were outstanding defensively at the end of this year.
Nothing "dumb" about it. It is a fact. K teaches it... and intimidates the refs who dare to call it.
WTF do you think we've all been watching for the past too many years?
And BTW, calling out purposeful gaming of the system for what it is is now "whining"? Give me a ***ing break.
Utterly idiotic post.

---

It irritates the PISS outta me that so many ID10Ts cannot grasp that difference Gary! Add in the number of threes Dook chucks up per game and they should ALWAYS be at a FT deficit, NOT in the frigging plus column!

Reactions: gobblercalls
It irritates the PISS outta me that so many ID10Ts cannot grasp that difference Gary! Add in the number of threes Dook chucks up per game and they should ALWAYS be at a FT deficit, NOT in the frigging plus column!

Seriously, you guys just say stuff without looking at numbers.

Wisconsin shot 10 more 3's than Duke and you expected them to be in a FT deficit? Duke only shot 11 3's in the title game, they pounded the ball down low all game.

Butler game, Butler shot more FT's.

2001, nearly even.

1991, 1992. They had Christian freaking Laettner. Of course they are going to shoot more free throws. He shot 12 of them in 1991.

Seriously, where is your hard evidence to show that they are getting calls? Every number you look at justifies them shooting more free throws. Better teams that are more aggressive shot more free throws. Also, they were ahead in all of these games thus getting fouled at the end.

I'm done with this nonsense, it's just making some of our fans look like uneducated idiots who don't know the game.

There is certainly a difference in the way the two teams play defense. I'm surprised anyone would argue that. Duke is a very physical team on the perimeter. UNC is not. There is a difference in the way the two teams sell calls as well. Regardless, those differences are not the reason Duke won the title this year. They had guys who made plays when it mattered.

Kellen, I bet you are bummed with the new layout, eh? You can't go to my fanpage and curse me out or do any of the rest of the idiotic nonsense you used to do. Sucks for you I guess.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Ha. Oh well, guess you have to stick up for your boy but yeah, gary is waaaaaaay out there. And yes, you DO know it.

Your reputation precedes you. I'd never seen you on the boards before the Rivals upgrade that took place last week. But I've heard other people reference "that idiot Kellen Patrick". I can now verify; you're a moron and a troll. Leave while it's still your choice.

Heard the following quote once:

"I've never met a dook fan --- alumnus -- who I didn't like. I've never met a dook fan --- non-alumnus --- who I did."

It's overgeneralizing, but....

That sums it up better than any other possible way.

Nothing "dumb" about it. It is a fact. K teaches it... and intimidates the refs who dare to call it.
And BTW, calling out purposeful gaming of the system for what it is is now "whining"? Give me a ***ing break.
Utterly idiotic post.

And when Gasteneau agrees with you, you know you've made an idiotic post.

Reactions: heelbent
Utterly idiotic post.

I haven't been around much recently Gary, but since I've been back in the last two months...Dadika is easily the most infuriating new poster I've seen.

It is fact. You are right. He'd rather be stroked by Duke fans and get "likes" from the Yankee Jet than acknowledge what anyone who can see has known about K for years.

ADVERTISEMENT