ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Arthur Ashe Courage Award to Caitlyn Jenner???

I believe all people should be treated the same as far as race, sexual orientation, etc. goes and that means not making a big deal about your race, sexual orientation, etc.

Espn pandering to theheadlines.

My vote goes to the girl with cancer who wanted to play college bball, she raised a ton of money and they moved up a game date allowing her to play. Rip

Reactions: coolwaterunc
This Lauren Hill is who it should go to!

If Bruce wants to become Caitlyn then that's fine with me...but I don't see why its news except he is taking a page from the K family book and is turning his personal life into a TV show. He is looking for his pay day.

Reactions: grillheel
Our society vilifies police officers and celebrates deviant behavior as "courageous".

Look what we have become.

Just certain police officers that act like psychopaths, slam 15 year old girls into the ground, shoot people in the back, choke people to death who are not resisting, and innumerable other "deviant" behaviors. There are now more prisons in the US than colleges, and the dominant majority of inmates are non-violent offendors.

Look at what we have become.

Just certain police officers that act like psychopaths, slam 15 year old girls into the ground, shoot people in the back, choke people to death who are not resisting, and innumerable other "deviant" behaviors. There are now more prisons in the US than colleges, and the dominant majority of inmates are non-violent offendors.

Look at what we have become.

False. There is an all out war against LEOs. And the people who have the ability to set the right tone and put an end to such disrespectful discussions and behavior are throwing fuel on the fire. It's disgusting.

There are police officers that have done wrong. They are the very small minority. I don't even agree with your assertion that LEOs acted inappropriately in the examples you gave. But you apparently have bought into the rhetoric. Bottom line, don't put yourself in position to be taken advantage of by police.

The reason we have more prisons than colleges is because we have more criminals than people who want to go to college. That's not at all surprising to me. "Nonviolent" criminals are still criminals. WTF does that have to do with anything?

Jesus...how people keep excusing criminal behavior just so they can point out that a few cops are abusing their power is absurd.

False. There is an all out war against LEOs. And the people who have the ability to set the right tone and put an end to such disrespectful discussions and behavior are throwing fuel on the fire. It's disgusting.

There are police officers that have done wrong. They are the very small minority. I don't even agree with your assertion that LEOs acted inappropriately in the examples you gave. But you apparently have bought into the rhetoric. Bottom line, don't put yourself in position to be taken advantage of by police.

The reason we have more prisons than colleges is because we have more criminals than people who want to go to college. That's not at all surprising to me. "Nonviolent" criminals are still criminals. WTF does that have to do with anything?

Jesus...how people keep excusing criminal behavior just so they can point out that a few cops are abusing their power is absurd.

If that was your 15 year old daughter getting slammed on the ground, or your father, brother or son getting choked to death or shot you would feel very differently. None of those people had weapons or attempted to harm officers. That guy at the pool party was rolling around like an imbecile, very clearly the loser from high school who needs to make up for it any way he can. You say you dont agree he acted inappropriately but even his boss disagrees and dismissed him from the force... You talk about rhetoric but you use terms like "all out war" when I named specific examples. Maybe you should listen to your own criticism

Dont put yourself in a position to be taken care of by police? That's got to be the most disgusting idea I've ever heard. This a free country and I'll be damned if I'm going to live my life afraid of police, because they might be an unqualified psychopath looking to make up for being made fun of in high school. That was the same rhetoric used by the Nazi's and every other authoritarian regime that has ever existed. Just toe the line and you have nothing to fear... Wow.

More criminals than people who want to go to college... What planet do you live on? Most of them are there for drug possession which is a victimless "crime" that no human being has the right to incarcerate you for. The only reason prisons are opening faster than schools is because we now allow privatized prisons that make it profitable to incarcerate people. The US has nowhere near the highest crime rate in the world, and easily the highest incarceration rate. Your theory about incarceration reflecting criminality does not hold up.

All out war against LEO's... Wow, because we think they should have to wear cameras and be accountable to the citizens they protect we're waging an "all out war"... You must be a cop... Pointing out an abuse of power is justified no matter what the cause. Does that make it any less of an abuse of power? WTF does that have to do with anything?

Justifying what criminal behavior? Being a teenager at a pool party? Or standing on a corner and actually breaking up a fight? Even running from the police does not give them the right to shoot you. Maybe you want to live in a totalitarian police state but I say no thank you.

As for the non violent drug offenders, you want to protect. How about the ones who are pushing crack, heroin, xtc, and a plethora of other drugs on society? Especially to school kids. Currently, that is illegal activity. You claim its non violent. Well,it destroys families and the lives of the ones using the said drug. Not counting the users that resort to stealing for their fix.

And you are crazy to lump all LEO into one category. I bet you desire to live in a world without LEOs. Sure some are bad. Its a product of our society. Now you have compared them to Nazis. You really need to read history and find out what the SS was all about. We are nowhere near that in this country.

If that was your 15 year old daughter getting slammed on the ground, or your father, brother or son getting choked to death or shot you would feel very differently. None of those people had weapons or attempted to harm officers. That guy at the pool party was rolling around like an imbecile, very clearly the loser from high school who needs to make up for it any way he can. You say you dont agree he acted inappropriately but even his boss disagrees and dismissed him from the force... You talk about rhetoric but you use terms like "all out war" when I named specific examples. Maybe you should listen to your own criticism

Dont put yourself in a position to be taken care of by police? That's got to be the most disgusting idea I've ever heard. This a free country and I'll be damned if I'm going to live my life afraid of police, because they might be an unqualified psychopath looking to make up for being made fun of in high school. That was the same rhetoric used by the Nazi's and every other authoritarian regime that has ever existed. Just toe the line and you have nothing to fear... Wow.

More criminals than people who want to go to college... What planet do you live on? Most of them are there for drug possession which is a victimless "crime" that no human being has the right to incarcerate you for. The only reason prisons are opening faster than schools is because we now allow privatized prisons that make it profitable to incarcerate people. The US has nowhere near the highest crime rate in the world, and easily the highest incarceration rate. Your theory about incarceration reflecting criminality does not hold up.

All out war against LEO's... Wow, because we think they should have to wear cameras and be accountable to the citizens they protect we're waging an "all out war"... You must be a cop... Pointing out an abuse of power is justified no matter what the cause. Does that make it any less of an abuse of power? WTF does that have to do with anything?

Justifying what criminal behavior? Being a teenager at a pool party? Or standing on a corner and actually breaking up a fight? Even running from the police does not give them the right to shoot you. Maybe you want to live in a totalitarian police state but I say no thank you.

One thing is certain and that is your color and attitude shine clearly. Simple rule: Don't do wrong and if you do then obey the police. Simple and easy. Thousands of black interactions with police every day and nothing happens. Act out and you escalate the whole deal.

Not defending this cop or his actions,but none of those kids would do what they were told,had they nothing woul've happened and this wouldn't be a story.Thanks to the race baiters all black kids think that all white cops have it out for them.Media always show one side to the story...they are the real blame here.

i dont have a prob with what the cop did at the pool. And to speculate how i would act if it were my daughter is idiotic cause my daughter was raised better and would never be in that situation.

Reactions: UNC '92
Taz, glad to see you come out of retirement on OOTB. You and former where daily entertainment for all during the bush era.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
Wow, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be in abundance here. I already acknowledged that bad cops are in the minority, maybe you should actually read my posts. I didn't compare them to Nazi's, I said that the argument stated was the same argument used by authoritarian regimes all over the world throughout history. In no way does that lump LEO's into one category, nor does it compare them to Nazis. It compares the justification for authoritarianism. I guess you just saw the word Nazi and got a little too excited...

My post clearly said most of them are there for POSSESSION. Not dealing, certainly not trying to push drugs on children, which is more an anomaly than the norm anyways. Drug dealers dont destroy those families, the drug addict does. If one source disappeared then addicts will find another. But I digress. Regardless, my argument related to the ridiculous notion of incarcerating people with addiction problems for POSSESSION or even for possession of marijuana which is far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.

Clearly your too biased to look at this even remotely objectively. When the cop is forced to resign and you still defend his actions that becomes very clear. Even when their wrong, their right... Any kind of power or authority requires checks and balances to regulate it and anyone with a functioning brain knows that. LEO's should be required to wear cameras and abuse cases should be reviewed by an independent entity. All that is asked for is accountability, but apparently asking for accountability is equivalent to lumping LEO's into one category or not knowing right from wrong...

Trying to turn this into a cops vs criminals or race baiting argument is a fallacy and down right silly. Its not about protecting criminals. It's not about protecting one skin tone of people. Its about protecting everyone. If a cop kills or injures someone unjustifiably they should be held accountable like everyone else.

Anyways... Caitlyn Jenner getting the Arthur Ashe Courage Award is still absurd.

Your insinuation was that the current system shadows the ideals of Nazism. So yes, you did compare them to that. As for the drugs, if they are illegal in the current system, then it should be enforced. The debate of what should be legal and illegal should have no bearing on the Leo doing their job. I do agree that accountability should be the same for the Leo as it is for the civilian. The tone you came with originally makes you sound as if all Leo are guilty until proven innocent . look around, there is a lot of hate spewed at leos now from the white house to our house.

I have family that feels every cop, judge, and prosecutor is out to get them. They feel they are corrupt to the core. They feel they have the right to dispute and argue with leos anytime they get pulled over or questioned in public. Personally I think its ridiculous. Every end counter I have had with leos, they have been quite fair with their duties. I have had several encounters back in the day so I can relate. Amazing that once I quit all the illegal activity, they seem to disappear to me.

You will always have a few bad cops in the bunch and I Dont think noone will dispute that. But now that people are developing an us against them attitude, it makes the likelihood of something bad happening a reality.

Had a case locally a few years ago of a young man who was wanted for questioning. The only picture that the leos could get was this kid brandishing pistols gangsta fashion and a lot of conversation about hating pigs and such from him. When the leos came to his residence to question him, he refused to open the door. They thought they heard him jack a round in a gun and one of them shot thru the door and killed the young man. Yes the cop was punished for his actions.
Moral of the story, Dont publicly hate on leos, conduct your self in a lifestyle fittting a certain description, and do what they ask. I most cases, in the person being questioned will obey what the leos are saying, then the situation will not escalate. But people today think opposite of that. I am going to do what I can to not make them think I am a threat. Ibstay cool, they stay cool.

Dont put words in my mouth. I didn't insinuate anything. I made a very clear point. The argument was made that if you just obey, you will be fine. I responded by saying that was the same rationale used by Nazi's and every other authoritarian regime.

I never said LEO's were guilty until proven innocent. There was clear video evidence of every instance I mentioned. Twisting my words or putting words in my mouth does not have any impact on the very real problem that police brutality in the US has become. Hearing people argue that cops are justified in shooting black men in the back, or choking them to death or using violent physical force against teenage girls makes me sick.

You do have the right to dispute or argue with LEO's ANYTIME in any "end counter". If you don't do so in a violent manner that threatens them you are well within your rights as an American. Again, you may want to live in a police state, where cops have unchecked authority, but I have no interest in watching the U.S become such a place.

Unbridled power and authority undoubtedly have a corrosive psychological effect. Anyone who disputes that is downright silly. It's been studied repeatedly and the results are always the same.

If you want to bring up ridiculous anecdotal arguments fine. Where I'm from a deputy recently responded to a call about a dog barking incessantly. The dog was tethered, and in a fenced in backyard. The owner walked out just in time to witness the cop pull out his pistol and shoot the man's dog. That cop was back on duty the next day, and never faced any consequences.

Obviously you have it in your head that every time someone criticizes the actions of a police officer, they are "spewing hate." When cops stop unjustifiably killing people on a daily basis, maybe some of that "hate" will subside.

Dont put words in my mouth. I didn't insinuate anything. I made a very clear point. The argument was made that if you just obey, you will be fine. I responded by saying that was the same rationale used by Nazi's and every other authoritarian regime.

I never said LEO's were guilty until proven innocent. There was clear video evidence of every instance I mentioned. Twisting my words or putting words in my mouth does not have any impact on the very real problem that police brutality in the US has become. Hearing people argue that cops are justified in shooting black men in the back, or choking them to death or using violent physical force against teenage girls makes me sick.

You do have the right to dispute or argue with LEO's ANYTIME in any "end counter". If you don't do so in a violent manner that threatens them you are well within your rights as an American. Again, you may want to live in a police state, where cops have unchecked authority, but I have no interest in watching the U.S become such a place.

Unbridled power and authority undoubtedly have a corrosive psychological effect. Anyone who disputes that is downright silly. It's been studied repeatedly and the results are always the same.

If you want to bring up ridiculous anecdotal arguments fine. Where I'm from a deputy recently responded to a call about a dog barking incessantly. The dog was tethered, and in a fenced in backyard. The owner walked out just in time to witness the cop pull out his pistol and shoot the man's dog. That cop was back on duty the next day, and never faced any consequences.

Obviously you have it in your head that every time someone criticizes the actions of a police officer, they are "spewing hate." When cops stop unjustifiably killing people on a daily basis, maybe some of that "hate" will subside.

" When cops stop unjustifiably killing people on a daily basis".....

Plain BS and nothing else. Blacks kill other blacks in one month in Chicago more than police around the country kill in a year. Why don't you bitch about that???????

" When cops stop unjustifiably killing people on a daily basis".....

Plain BS and nothing else. Blacks kill other blacks in one month in Chicago more than police around the country kill in a year. Why don't you bitch about that???????

More cops were killed by wrecking their own cars in 2014 than by civilians, why dont you bitch about that?

Having a problem with police brutality doesn't mean I don't have a problem with other people killing each other. That's an absurd argument.

More cops were killed by wrecking their own cars in 2014 than by civilians, why dont you bitch about that?

Having a problem with police brutality doesn't mean I don't have a problem with other people killing each other. That's an absurd argument.

Again, don't show your ass (white or black) and you will be fine with the police. OBEY the law and all is good 99% of the time. Never will deny there are a few bad cops but the vast majority of them are good people doing a job MOST would never do. And to answer your question I'm not bitching about anything except for the constant trashing of police by the left.

Reactions: Grayhead
I Dont think anyone here disagrees with you that police brutality should be punished. But according to your statement, people should be allowed to argue their rights to the cops. This is true to a point, but you should respect the officer. Walking away or disrespecting a Leo is where things start to go south. I once defended my son to an SRO officer who was trying to set an example with him for something silly. It was heated, but not to the point my life was threatened. Defending ones rights and being disrespectful are 2 different things. Unfortunately, many Americans are not intelligent enough to differentiate that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT