ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Beamer on ESPN

uncboy10

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2008
The old man isn't looking too great. Slurring his words a bit too

i don't think he's involved in coaching. he's a figurehead, standing on the sidelines and greeting people in his office. the hokies love the guy though, they're highly motivated to have an outstanding year and let him retire on a roll.

i don't think he's involved in coaching. he's a figurehead, standing on the sidelines and greeting people in his office. the hokies love the guy though, they're highly motivated to have an outstanding year and let him retire on a roll.

As they should...Guy put Va Tech on the map...

Reactions: JimmyinVA
They better hope he retires. Otherwise, within 2 or 3 years they will be forced to fire him. And firing a Legend gone over the hill is ugly.

Beamer is at the "Uh oh, how do we kindly and respectfully force out a legend because he's crippling our program" stage of his career, AKA the Bobby Bowden Twilight stage.

Beamer is at the "Uh oh, how do we kindly and respectfully force out a legend because he's crippling our program" stage of his career, AKA the Bobby Bowden Twilight stage.
And at least as frightening for Hokies - when Beamer goes, do they promote Foster? He's earned it, but a 1st time HC replacing a school's legend HC? Recipe for disaster.

He won't get the job. As in Bud Foster. Living here in Hokie country. His temperament and personality is not what you want as a head coach. At least that's what I hear. I mean have you ever seen him do a interview.. I haven't. Plus he has gone on many HC interviews before and has never been hired. He is a GREAT defensive coach. No question. I think if it is someone from within the staff. I think Beamers son gets it. I have heard rumors that is why Shane was asked to come back was to be groomed to take over. Again that is rumor. Everything I said even about Bud. But if you here it from more than one person make you wonder.

Maybe if Beamer goes out at the same time Chizik gets a HC gig we can snag Bud :cool:

I didn't realize Beamer recently had surgery. I thought he sounded a little bit drunk

Maybe if Beamer goes out at the same time Chizik gets a HC gig we can snag Bud :cool:

I didn't realize Beamer recently had surgery. I thought he sounded a little bit drunk

If Beamer's recent public declarations carry weight, Foster may well get the VT job, with Shane Beamer basically HC in waiting. I think Frank wants both to succeed him.

He won't get the job. As in Bud Foster. Living here in Hokie country. His temperament and personality is not what you want as a head coach. At least that's what I hear.....
i know a lot of hokie fans here in richmond, and i'm hearing the same thing. they love foster as a dc but head coach -- no way...

Reactions: bobby121567
It's not that Bud Foster is not a really good coach.because he is a damn good coach. I heard it's just he demeanor and the image he would that of not what you would want as the face of your program. Again this is just from what I hear from Hokie fans. I don't look in depth at other schools coaches. But as I said above. There's got to maybe be some truth to it. Considering as good of a defensive coach that he is. He never got the HC jobs he interviewed in the past. Again not in the know just saying things I have heard.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
It's not that Bud Foster is not a really good coach.because he is a damn good coach. I heard it's just he demeanor and the image he would that of not what you would want as the face of your program. Again this is just from what I hear from Hokie fans. I don't look in depth at other schools coaches. But as I said above. There's got to maybe be some truth to it. Considering as good of a defensive coach that he is. He never got the HC jobs he interviewed in the past. Again not in the know just saying things I have heard.
How do you know he wanted them? I ask that because the word here in TN a while back was that Memphis was ready to offer him the job after interviewing him, but he pulled his name out. The assumption was that Beamer had assured him he was to be the next VT HC.

If that happened then, it likely happened before then.

But if there is some 'personality' reason VT boosters do not want Foster as HC, and he is upset at all, then another school will get a 1st rate DC. It would be funniest if that school were UVA.

Woad you can be right. I don't really know. I'm just telling what I have heard from Hokie Fans. But what is funny is that I heard the end of a talk show on college sports on XM. They said that it would seem like it would be Foster, but with the new AD or President. Don't know which. Does not have a relationship with either Bud or Beamer. So he might want to bring in someone he knows and work with in the past.

heelbent: Did your mother ever tell you, that if you can't say something nice about a person or at least truthful, that you are better offkeeping your mouth shut?????? A congenital medical problem, compounded by very risky and unfortunately unsuccessful surgery is not something to make fun of or laugh at!!!

Heelbent: Please tell me one, just one FB Coach, that did even 1/4 of the good or produced winners the way FB did at VT... He is their Dean Smith!!!!!~!~~! I am of course referring to UNC

Paul Johnson

images

heelbent: Did your mother ever tell you, that if you can't say something nice about a person or at least truthful, that you are better offkeeping your mouth shut?????? A congenital medical problem, compounded by very risky and unfortunately unsuccessful surgery is not something to make fun of or laugh at!!!

jazz1a...did your mother ever tell you to call me Dad?

And jftr...you chokie apologists need to get your lies straight. Is it a burn scar or a congenital birth defect? Make up your tiny minds. I say it's football implant caused by Beamer being lying scum. You don't find that hilarious? Too bad. I do.

I found a photo of that lying arse Beamer when he was but a wee lad. I'd rather save it for the look a like...but I could be persuaded to let it shine now since this thread seems to have become juuuuuuuust the place to bring it to light.

I found a photo of that lying arse Beamer when he was but a wee lad. I'd rather save it for the look a like...but I could be persuaded to let it shine now since this thread seems to have become juuuuuuuust the place to bring it to light.
Please?

Beamer is my least favorite coach in the ACC with Paul Johnson a close second.
I can't forgive Beamer for flirting with UNC a few years ago and just used it as a
ploy to get a raise at VT. Also, I hate watching a VT game and hear the announcers
go on and on about "Beamer Ball". My son and I love when something doesn't go
right for VT, we say "yep, that Beamer Ball".

Haha didn't realize you had posted that already. It is such a freakishly perfect match
LOL are you lying to me? That's freaky that you didn't see me post it. The extended posts archive on the new format goes back further....but it only goes til mid-November last year, so I can't pull up the GT L-A-L thread unfortunately, but I used the exact same match. I used a slightly different picture though I think. Let me see if I can dig up the pic of PJ and Gothmog.

LOL are you lying to me? That's freaky that you didn't see me post it. The extended posts archive on the new format goes back further....but it only goes til mid-November last year, so I can't pull up the GT L-A-L thread unfortunately, but I used the exact same match. I used a slightly different picture though I think. Let me see if I can dig up the pic of PJ and Gothmog.

Haha I might have seen it and just forgotten about it. There's too many LOL's in those threads for me to remember them all.

It's going to be fun watching which ones rack up the most likes this year.

^ Unfortunately, the new board format doesn't allow for images to be placed side by side, and having them one on top of the other just isn't the same. I tried researching how to edit BB code in an attempt to resize images, hoping that if they were small enough, they would display side by side. But the code used to shrink images in BB Code [img=h x w]imageurl[/img] doesn't work on this board format.

So I don't know how the heck to achieve our proper LAL format from years past.

^ Unfortunately, the new board format doesn't allow for images to be placed side by side, and having them one on top of the other just isn't the same.
I was actually able to do it with two small pictures, both of them the same size. The key is to be able to resize pictures...somebody needs to figure that out before the season starts. After a one-year hiatus, it's time to bring back the LALs.

I was actually able to do it with two small pictures, both of them the same size. The key is to be able to resize pictures...somebody needs to figure that out before the season starts. After a one-year hiatus, it's time to bring back the LALs.
Hmm, well at least I was on the right track with the re-sizing thing. But...how to do it? This board format draws on BB Code, but doesn't accept all BB Code, apparently. Other than just finding small pictures on Google Images, I don't know to do it. I haven't successfully been able to resize a picture on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT