ADVERTISEMENT

FSU bans players from bars

HeelFan58

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2011
Going to be tough to enforce. Maybe it would be better to ban them from punching chicks.

Good move by Jimbo. The bad publicity could have overwhelmed the team. He is telling them to stay away from places where such things are the most likely to occur.

Do most college coaches not tell their players to stay out of bars? I would assume most coaches at least strongly discourage their players from hanging out in bars, during the season at the very least.

Stephen Garcia was known for hanging out in 5 points and getting completely trashed. When local fans see a player they know from their team they want to buy them a drink or a shot which can get completely out of hand very quickly.

These kids ar 18 and 19 year old kids away from home for the first time....Gawd! When I was a young under age Marine, did I dodge the Shore Patrol in foreign bars...you bet!

Reactions: nolegeorge
I don't care how drunk you are,you don't hit a woman,if accusations are true that she was calling him the N word then what did he do to cause the situation? I'm not buying that she started it.We don't know what happened before both made it to the bar.

I don't care how drunk you are,you don't hit a woman anyone.
FIFY. Seriously, just walk away from the situation. Even if you're not an athlete with a potential pro future, just don't do it. This is 2015, not the Wild West of the 1800s. You're bound to get hit with a lawsuit at the very least, or more likely end up in jail. Just. Walk. Away.

I don't care how drunk you are,you don't hit a woman,if accusations are true that she was calling him the N word then what did he do to cause the situation? I'm not buying that she started it.We don't know what happened before both made it to the bar.
I seriously doubt she used the N word. He really got pissed when she resisted his attempt to push past her at the bar.

I seriously doubt she used the N word. He really got pissed when she resisted his attempt to push past her at the bar.
That's what it looked like to me, too. And of course very few people have asked what the heck a freshman was doing at a bar in the first place (probably because it would be a rhetorical question).

ADVERTISEMENT