ADVERTISEMENT

Fuking Batistas

bluetoe

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2012
remember Bobbi? Stunning wild-eyed blond who became half of the first male-female news anchor team with Charlie Gaddy at WRAL TV in Raleigh. She was the female part. Deserted us for the west coast and ended up being one of CNN's first anchors. Left her husband who I ended up meeting and becoming friends with for a bit. Nice guy. She's dead now. Not sure about him.

Then there was Fulgencio, self-installed dictator of Cuba who fell to Castro. Like Joe Biden, he was heavy into the graft and made friends with the Mafia which he allowed to operate their illegal activities in Cuba with impunity. He was responsible for making the rich richer and the poor poorer, just to line his own pockets and secure the backing of the most powerful interests. In an unsuccessful bid to remain in power, he murdered over 20,000 Cubans.

But at least he tried.

I don't remember her but I remember Adele Arakawa, Tom Suiter, and Bob DeBarbalaben working with Big Daddy Gaddy. 😄
Bobbi was a bit of a showstopper. Pretty sure that's why CNN snapped her up.

Adele Arakawa was a cutey. I actually watched the news back then. I have no idea who does their news anymore. Jesse Helms was their editorialist at one time and I hated him because he would rant about stuff like how immoral high school dances were, and they should put an end to them. Then I grew up, he became our Senator, and I loved him.

The political campaigns were outrageous, no holds-barred affairs when Jesse was running for the Senate. Hard-core, highly entertaining stuff that would make Trump look like a piker. The NC GOP used to play like the dems do now, except worse.

18-Y-SUSPENSIONS-superJumbo.jpg

Bautista though - could've been an entirely new thread.

you'll find that name spelled both ways on the interwebs, even when referring to the same person. I did want to get it right but I'm not really sure that there is a right or wrong in this case.

I definitely remember Charlie Gaddy, Batista. And, I think it was Don Shea who was the sports guy.

Reactions: bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT