ADVERTISEMENT

Future ACC Crossover Rotating Opponents

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
Mods, there was a thread pinned to the top of the board containing Future ACC Crossover Opponents. It must have gotten unpinned during the management transition. Would you please pin this thread so we have it available for easy reference? Thanks.

Here's a picture (as long as the link remains valid). PDF linked below as well.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-04_at_2.05.29_PM.png

Future ACC Crossover Rotating Opponents

Am I the only person from any ACC team that thinks there are too many damn teams in the ACC or feels at the very least feels as if we should play more teams from the conference? I really want 9 conference games. I want to play VT, GT, Miami, or even Dook more often. I miss match-ups with those teams- especially GT.

Originally posted by Raleigh2Miami:
Am I the only person from any ACC team that thinks there are too many damn teams in the ACC or feels at the very least feels as if we should play more teams from the conference? I really want 9 conference games. I want to play VT, GT, Miami, or even Dook more often. I miss match-ups with those teams- especially GT.
I agree. How are these schedules picked? We have multiple games against all Coastal opponents between now and 2024 except BC. *I live in Boston and would like to see the Heels come up for a game at least occasionally* And its not like the schedule goes in order, and I could expect BC to be 2025 just not yet pictured, because the order is all jumbled up as it is.

We have multiple dates schedule against newcomers to the conference (L'ville and Cuse), but still the one matchup against BC. 2009 was the last time UNC played @ BC, and it doesnt happen again until 2020, and then who knows after that??

Yes, I realize I'm probably one of the handful of people in the country that'd be out campaigning to see more BC/UNC games
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
The ACC announced today Notre Dame's ACC schedule through 2025. They'll play the Heels in Kenan Stadium in 2017 but then not again until 2022. Sheesh.
Good. F the Irish (Ok, their fans at the game were nice at the game, but whatevs).

And y'all should no longer fret about only playing Atlantic opponents once every 6 years. I'm telling you, schedule changes are coming. The ACC is really interested in scrapping divisions or at least, not playing all 6 teams in the division. I think changes are a-coming after this season

^^^^^ You were right, although maybe not in the way you imagined.

So in 2019 UNC will get Clemson at home and play Wake and NC State on the road.

In 2021, UNC will get Florida State and Wake at home and play NC State and Notre Dame on the road.

Both seasons will feature 9 games against ACC teams and in 2021 we add Notre Dame to the mix as well. That means there are only 2 slots available for non-Power 5 teams in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT