ADVERTISEMENT

Giles Cuts list to 5

[QUOTE="phiffr, post: 125037, member: 2474"Longer it goes the better for us.[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed, and that can also be said for virtually every recruit we have offered.

IF he is so sold on dOOk then why all the drama?

Because today's kids love drama, glamour and the spotlight, they want the excitement to build, so they can be treated like celebrities and have their announcement televised on ESPNU.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
IF he is so sold on Duke then why all the drama?
Exactly my thinking! We will get a great class; I feel it in my bones. Of course then the chicken littles will say, "Don't you hate how Ol' Roy has turned UNC into OAD U!"

Giles should join the Family!

Heels are Family!

Reactions: CJBlue
Because today's kids love drama, glamour and the spotlight, they want the excitement to build, so they can be treated like celebrities and have their announcement televised on ESPNU.[/QUOTE

Unfortunately, this is spot on. The "pre Madonna" attitude is very prevalent today.

I don't like what I am hearing on this one guys, for every hopeful thing I hear for us I hear duke twice...

The darn thing about it is we are the perfect fit for this kid, Brice wil lbe graduating, Hicks is still relatively not a guy that would block him as a starter, meeks is there to handle the center spot and we look great for Bradley as a back up for meeks (Giles does not want to be a center in college, wants to be a 4). We feed our bigs which is exactly what a kid like him needs in his audition for the NBA, it could not be a better fit for him.

Duke on the other hand is a program not known for feeding its bigs, they rely more on guards shooting treys and their bigs trend to be rebounders or step out jump shooters.

Lost in all of this hoopla is the FACT that Giles looks up to Theo like a "Big Brother".

Because today's kids love drama, glamour and the spotlight, they want the excitement to build, so they can be treated like celebrities and have their announcement televised on ESPNU.

Announcement on DSPN, national coverage, more drama = bigger shoe contract after their 6 months of classwork.

Oh I'm getting cynical in my old age.

Announcement on DSPN, national coverage, more drama = bigger shoe contract after their 6 months of classwork.

Oh I'm getting cynical in my old age.
You shoulda been at that Under Armour tourney with me, Oz. That would definitely make you cynical if you weren't already.

it will be a while before we get another top recruit... We are always in players top 5's but when it comes down to it, if a player doesn't commit to us before his senior year they won't be committing. I think it has a lot more to do with coaching then most want to believe! Back to the topic at hand we aren't getting Giles...

it will be a while before we get another top recruit... We are always in players top 5's but when it comes down to it, if a player doesn't commit to us before his senior year they won't be committing. I think it has a lot more to do with coaching then most want to believe! Back to the topic at hand we aren't getting Giles...

Coaching and development are things I have definitely heard some high school and AAU coaches say about Roy.. Feel like its a bit overblown but I have heard that.

Honestly, recruiting has gotten so depressing to me that I almost hate to read a new thread about a recruit. Just recently we've had Felton basically decommit, pending Giles to dook commitment and rumors that Killeya-Jones is going to commit to UK in the next few weeks. I'd love to see something positive trend our way for a change.

Sacha said recently he wouldn't commit to UNC until he knows there won't be anything from the NCAA, despite believing there won't be any.

From the article linked :

“I definitely don’t want to commit before any punishments come down, even though I’m pretty sure there won’t be anything.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article27007096.html#storylink=cpy
I will give you a POSTIVE! UNC will take what we get and make the most of it. Shun 1 will support such a team and continue to find JOY in pulling for my UNC TAR HEELS as I have always done since the 60's. Those that don't like what I just posted, know where they can put their lips and it want be clean!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ROY & STAFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ozheelfan
ADVERTISEMENT