ADVERTISEMENT

Harrison Ingram's 5 Best Games and What They Might Mean

Did you have you place that on here? WE have a 6-0 team that is a legit ranked Top 10. Most of that basketball board will not care enough about that to watch the next game, which goes a very long way to show why UNC and the ACC are in the shape they are.

All of us follow UNC basketball once football is over.

Actually we should follow BOTH UNC football and UNC basketball when they are played, not wait to follow one once the season for the other is finished. Really, you need to get over this basketball or football firster attitude you seem to need to tag UNC fans as. UNC fans do not and should not wait to follow basketball until some time in January nor do they ignore football come December.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Did you have you place that on here? WE have a 6-0 team that is a legit ranked Top 10. Most of that basketball board will not care enough about that to watch the next game, which goes a very long way to show why UNC and the ACC are in the shape they are.

All of us follow UNC basketball once football is over.

Actually, I meant to post it on the free hoops board. Rushing late at night, it happens from time to time.

And I disagree, our football traffic numbers suggest UNC fans care a great deal about the team. Football articles are getting more traffic than basketball ones right now, and the hoops season starts in less than three weeks.

I think if you follow our work at all, you know we give everything we have to comprehensively covering the football team equal to the basketball team. Actually more. We run football stuff 2-to-1 over hoops in the spring and summer.

Actually, I meant to post it on the free hoops board. Rushing late at night, it happens from time to time.

And I disagree, our football traffic numbers suggest UNC fans care a great deal about the team. Football articles are getting more traffic than basketball ones right now, and the hoops season starts in less than three weeks.

I think if you follow our work at all, you know we give everything we have to comprehensively covering the football team equal to the basketball team. Actually more. We run football stuff 2-to-1 over hoops in the spring and summer.
Well, LOL, considering your post was about Ingram, not so sure it doesn't fit this board as well, kid to me does look like he would have been an amazing TE!!!

Actually, I meant to post it on the free hoops board. Rushing late at night, it happens from time to time....
actually, i wouldn't mind if the two boards were combined. I root for all carolina sports and would be comfortable reading and posting about them all on one board or forum. it might be a good thing actually because there's been a myth for many years that carolina football has suffered taking a back seat to basketball, like they're adversarial, competing for the same pie. that's b.s. imo.

actually, i wouldn't mind if the two boards were combined. I root for all carolina sports and would be comfortable reading and posting about them all on one board or forum. it might be a good thing actually because there's been a myth for many years that carolina football has suffered taking a back seat to basketball, like they're adversarial, competing for the same pie. that's b.s. imo.

We've looked into doing that, but it would be too much of a mess. One cool thing about covering a school that cares a lot about both sports is we can handle separate boards. And as much content as we run, it would get drowned out too easily on one board.

Reactions: JimmyinVA

I think the interest in UNC football is there, but the fans have been let down so often, there's become a hesitance for the masses to be completely bought in.

Basketball has rewarded the investment so often, it doesn't have that problem. Maybe a decade of seasons like this in football will generate more pain when the Heels lose, and the fereved level of interest will soar. At least that's my philosophy. :)

I think the interest in UNC football is there, but the fans have been let down so often, there's become a hesitance for the masses to be completely bought in.

Basketball has rewarded the investment so often, it doesn't have that problem. Maybe a decade of seasons like this in football will generate more pain when the Heels lose, and the fereved level of interest will soar. At least that's my philosophy. :)
Yeah, you nailed the problem with UNC football, it has never been that UNC fans were not rabid about football, it has been the heart break and annual disappointment for decades while basketball gave us national title teams and has had us annual contenders for the best of the best. UNC basketball has become a Mt Rushmore program and UNC football, well you fill that blank in...

UNC fans love football, NC as a state loves it's football but it is hard to maintain your excitement that breaks your heart so often, that sets itself for great things only to fumble them away. Take last season for example, we were in great position to really make a statement and what do we do in the last 3 games of the season, we lose them. Can you blame UNC fans from being skiddish now, with all the success UNC basketball has earned the right to have some bad seasons here and there, UNC football has not earned that, we all want it to but not anywhere near that yet.

Yeah, you nailed the problem with UNC football, it has never been that UNC fans were not rabid about football, it has been the heart break and annual disappointment for decades while basketball gave us national title teams and has had us annual contenders for the best of the best. UNC basketball has become a Mt Rushmore program and UNC football, well you fill that blank in...

UNC fans love football, NC as a state loves it's football but it is hard to maintain your excitement that breaks your heart so often, that sets itself for great things only to fumble them away. Take last season for example, we were in great position to really make a statement and what do we do in the last 3 games of the season, we lose them. Can you blame UNC fans from being skiddish now, with all the success UNC basketball has earned the right to have some bad seasons here and there, UNC football has not earned that, we all want it to but not anywhere near that yet.

Saying UNC fans are skiddish is absolutely spot on. And it's understandable.

Reactions: DSouthr
There is a very interesting situation with UNC basketball, we have some extremely rabid UNC basketball fans that actually pull for some other program in football. I don't know that I have ever exchanged with someone that was a UNC football fan but pulled for some other basketball program. No, we are not just talking band wagon fans for basketball, of course everyone loves a winner and some do find their way to backing UNC basketball when things are going good (we call those folks band wagon fans). But there are a lot of fans that actually attended another school (not UNC) and will pull for UNC basketball even if we play the school they attended but will pull for their school if their school played UNC in football.

One very good example is the poster that goes by the nick gary, posts a ton on Radar, never seen him post on the Blitz football side. I really don't think you can question his passion or love for UNC basketball but he is a Auburn fan when it comes to football. Maybe it exists and I have not seen it but show me a fan that is a UNC football fan but a basketball fan of the program they attended in school. That is what the power of success brings you, a HUGE base of fans that never attended your school. I don't know if UNC football can ever get to that point, if it does I doubt that it will happen in my life time because trust has been broken for so long and it takes a long time to forget that much less see it replaced with belief. I have HOPE for UNC football but trust I just don't have, I do want it however!

As if anybody should complain about this thread now. Legit top 10 my ass.

And yet another example tonight. Maybe one of the worst loses in UNC history.

Considering the opportunity this team had, and the fact that UVA is one of the worst teams in the P5, it’s gotta be right up there at the top of the list.

They’ve gone from having a path to the playoff to not even controlling their own destiny in the ACC race.

Plus there is zero chance this program doesn’t take a significant step back next year without Drake at QB. This is the summit for Mack 2.0.

Considering the opportunity this team had, and the fact that UVA is one of the worst teams in the P5, it’s gotta be right up there at the top of the list.

They’ve gone from having a path to the playoff to not even controlling their own destiny in the ACC race.

Plus there is zero chance this program doesn’t take a significant step back next year without Drake at QB. This is the summit for Mack 2.0.
This game is why I didn't allow myself to get fully sucked in this year. I was getting close, but luckily didn't make it all the way. I'm just mildly disappointed because I was expecting it.

Reactions: uncboy10
This game is why I didn't allow myself to get fully sucked in this year. I was getting close, but luckily didn't make it all the way. I'm just mildly disappointed because I was expecting it.

Honestly I expected them to make it through the three easy ones then end up losing two of the last three.

I think this will be the final blow for Mack with a significant chunk of the fan base. Only way he can win people back over is winning an ACC championship and they’ll be lucky to even get a chance to play for it.

I don’t think we’ll see genuine excitement from the fan base again until/unless Carolina goes out and gets an elite coach. Which isn’t going to happen. So yeah. Not much reason to expect anything beyond mediocrity any time soon.

Almost time for basketball though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT