ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Giles....

smooth as butter

Hall of Famer
Jul 23, 2002
I have watched his highlights this kid reminds me of a young Kevin Garnett. Do you feel the Heels have a legit shot at getting him. Him & ,D.Smith would be awesome for the Heels.

A shot? Yes. A legit shot? No.

Word on the street is he's a heavy Duke lean. I'm curious as the allegations wind down if that changes.

IMO I don't think it's the scandal, I just think he wants to go elsewhere. Dook or Wake Forest would be my guess.

Everyone seems to be so deadset on Giles and Smith, but I seriously hope we're not placing our eggs in that basket. I say go after some lower ranked guys and build up for the 2017 class.

IMO I don't think it's the scandal, I just think he wants to go elsewhere. Dook or Wake Forest would be my guess.

Everyone seems to be so deadset on Giles and Smith, but I seriously hope we're not placing our eggs in that basket. I say go after some lower ranked guys and build up for the 2017 class.

So, in a year where the scandal is likely going to end, we are going to likely have a mass exodus, and the best recruiting landscape of the decade is on hand...

We should go for lower ranked guys and look to next year?

Cool. Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Bur-Heel
Definitely should be going all-in for 2016.
Besides years like this one, where the roster is packed with veterans, Roy should be recruiting hard for every class.
So yeah, if some players don't want to be Tar Heels, well, that's their decision, but don't give up without a fight!

One thing for sure is..Roy definitely won't give up!!we're going to have to win some kids over in October when this thing should be over!!

So, in a year where the scandal is likely going to end, we are going to likely have a mass exodus, and the best recruiting landscape of the decade is on hand...

We should go for lower ranked guys and look to next year?

Cool. Makes perfect sense.

So what YOU'RE saying is go after guys that are "heavy Duke leans" (Giles, Smith, Tatum) and guys that probably won't be coming here anyway, instead of going after 4 star guys who can come in and probably contribute just as well? That's asinine.

Contrary to a lot of people's beliefs, the scandal is not hindering every recruit in the class from committing to us. Some players just don't want to come to UNC. And some of those players may be the current guys we are recruiting. Plus, by the time this scandal is completely over, which could go well into 2016, that "landscape of talent" will have started committing elsewhere. I'd gladly take a class of guys like Bam Bam, Killeya-Jones, Bradley, etc. whom we have a better chance with instead of going after guys that are projected to go elsewhere.

The recruits I'm talking about are the guys everyone complains about that come to Chapel Hill and light us up on a given night. The guys that spark the "Why Didn't Roy recruit that guy" debate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT