ADVERTISEMENT

Hey 'Slinger . . .

BillyL

Resident Idiot
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2005
A year or so back we had a thread that evolved into a bloody mary discussion, and IIRC, you knew somebody in your area that had a great mix, you may even have provided a link to their cocktail mix.

I am curious now, because in my weekly trip to the ABC store to secure my 55 gallon drum of Crown, I saw a bloody mary mix that I had never noticed for sale. I had to back up a couple of steps and read the bottle, hand made stuff from Lynchburg, Va., its called Moose Mix.

Is this the same mix that you mentioned a while back . . ?

A year or so back we had a thread that evolved into a bloody mary discussion, and IIRC, you knew somebody in your area that had a great mix, you may even have provided a link to their cocktail mix.

I am curious now, because in my weekly trip to the ABC store to secure my 55 gallon drum of Crown, I saw a bloody mary mix that I had never noticed for sale. I had to back up a couple of steps and read the bottle, hand made stuff from Lynchburg, Va., its called Moose Mix.

Is this the same mix that you mentioned a while back . . ?

It is indeed. They just got picked up by over 100 ABC stores in VA. The owner of the company is my brother-in-law's family. It's delicious sh*t. You ought to get some if you're a fan of bloodys.

10459144_10153061236053682_7528089481669914375_n.jpg

Reactions: Raising Heel
I bought a bottle of it, you know me, I'll spend any amount of money for what I believe is a quality product. It was like $9.50 for a bottle and the next best bloody mary mix was maybe $6.25/$5.95 range . . . I shook the bottle up, it looked like it had plenty of extras in the body. Thought to myself, it looks worthy of $10 to try it at least once.

I'll throw a Bloody Mary together to go along for breakfast, let you know tomorrow my thoughts. I love a good bloody mary or two, especially on the weekends and any day at the beach.

Whats the story with TC Trotters restaurant going out of business . . ?

. . . and wtf do you mean ruined my memory . . ? Ima solid as a rock, Bro' in that department.

Reactions: Raising Heel
How was the Bloody? We need an update.

Ended up with a change in plans . .

I just came in from cutting the grass, got an early start this AM to beat the heat. Gonna shower and then go pick up a couple of things I have ordered for the wifey, as her Birthday is tomorrow . .

Looks like it may have to be a late day 'Mary . . .and I am eager to try that mix out.

Whats the story with TC Trotters restaurant going out of business . . ?

Trotters was a cool little restaurant that sat on the best piece of real estate in the city. It had a huge patio and in the 80s and 90s, it was the place to be. But poor management led to its demise. Several restaurants have taken over the spot, but for some reason, none seem to be able to make it. A new place called "The Corner" just opened last night. I think that's the 4th operation to be there in the last 15 or so years.

I have posted a pic below of the spot. This pic appears to be old because I know the building has made some upgrades. Like I said above, the location of this spot is simply the best. It's located on the old side of town and what most consider the posh side of town. And it's on the main thoroughfare on this side of town. The side street you see in the pic runs right next to what used to be Randolph-Macon Women's College. They've since gone co-ed and it's now Randolph College. But that patio is awesome. Everyone wants to be sitting out there so that people riding by see them sitting out there - you know, small town, keeping up with the Joneses type sh*t.

cbk

The owner of Moose Mix was a long time employee (cook, bartender, etc) of the original T.C. Trotters. He created the Moose Mix recipe years ago for Trotters. I guess about 5 or so years ago, he decided that his Moose Mix could be a money maker and that he owned the rights and the recipe. So he started selling it locally. It's obviously gained momentum. Here's the link to the Moose Mix website.

http://www.tctrotters.com/

I visited that site yesterday.

I am on my 2nd BM, and I'll speak truthfully here, Moose Mix makes for a very good 'Mary. Well worth the extra money, its not as spicy as some mixes, but, everything else is top shelf. I love the thick consistency of this mix btw, and if I want anything very spicy, I'll add a splash of hot sauce.

Good stuff, I hope other 'Mary drinkers will try this and post their opinions.

thumbsup.gif

Reactions: gunslingerdick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT