ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbs Johnson to start against NCSU

Also, UNC will be the "away" team for the fourth time in five games against the Wolpfack this season (although 2 of those were technically road games).

UNC was the away team in the ACCT and the home team in the first CWS matchup. Per NCAA rules, UNC must be the away team in the second CWS game because they were the home team in the first game.

This post was edited on 6/19 5:33 PM by Raising Heel

Have not been that impressed with Hobbs,Fox needs to gamble a bit or we go home.

UNC will beat state college. Save Emanuel for UCLA. Rodon(just a guess) will only pitch against UNC if the wolfpeckerheads are in a tight game and may be eliminated.

Let's hope Hobbs and the other UNC pitchers just throw strikes but not the gopher balls that he and B. Moss have thrown lately.Both have been behind the count much too often in the last couple of weeks.

Use the big ballpark to your advantage - HAve to throw strikes and make State put the ball in play and use the defense.

Originally posted by ohio tarheels:
Use the big ballpark to your advantage - HAve to throw strikes and make State put the ball in play and use the defense.
That is a very true statement. The pitchers just need to throw strikes. Let them hit the ball some and let that giant ball park and the defense do their jobs. I absolutely HATE when a pitcher throws a ball on the first pitch because they are scared the hitter will go yard.

Agree with all in the "just throw strikes" comment. This especially holds true in the first pitch of every at bat. Get ahead of the hitter. Most kids are now being taught ("Billy Ball") to take a couple of pitches and getting strike one really puts them in a hole. Don't try to be too fine with the first one. Get it over the plate and take your chances. 3 out of 10 going for base hits gets you to baseball's hall of fame. So if they swing and hit the first one you still have a 7 of 10 chance of getting them out. I like those odds. If we make them swing the bat and play defense I like our chances.

110% correct if we put guys on base via walks then we will be in big trouble. Throw strikes and have our guys hit good pitches and I think we take this game tonight.

UNC is just a better team than moo. Throw strikes and catch the ball...UNC wins.

I wouldn't save Emanuel for anyone at this point. Not nearly the pitched he was the first part of the season. Maybe it is the better competition, maybe his arm is tired. Who knows? But for whatever reason he hasn't been the stopper the last few weeks that he is billed to be. It is time to use those that are producing.

Originally posted by sjheel72:

Agree with all in the "just throw strikes" comment. This especially holds true in the first pitch of every at bat. Get ahead of the hitter. Most kids are now being taught ("Billy Ball") to take a couple of pitches and getting strike one really puts them in a hole. Don't try to be too fine with the first one. Get it over the plate and take your chances. 3 out of 10 going for base hits gets you to baseball's hall of fame. So if they swing and hit the first one you still have a 7 of 10 chance of getting them out. I like those odds. If we make them swing the bat and play defense I like our chances. Agreed. Go Heels!

Its time our pitching staff steps up!! They have struggled near the end of season. It is a long season but its a long season for everyone. I feel a big win for Hobbs tonite!!! Go Heels!!!

Hobbs was great tonight. He was in command and throwing strikes. What I can't believe is that he threw 130 pitches.......all fastballs. I wonder if that has ever happened or ever will again!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT